Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Why do people think simple is always better? Simple laws are the most often abused because their interpretation is so ambiguous. Bills should be detailed if only to outline their exact intent and meaning.
    Complexity adds opacity. Organizations which are opaque are at risk of breaking down with no prior warning and with few ways to see and solve problems before they escalate into large problems. Militaries and corporations are both examples of organizations which become opaque over time due to a desire to complicate the internal structure, ironically so as to clarify what everybody's role is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    It's a perfectly legitimate question that you're now making up excuses for not answering. You had a chance to demonstrate a willingness for honest discord and, well... Shaka, when the walls fell.

I need no longer respond to you. (Which you should be happy about.)
    So you lost. Now you are taking your ball and going home? Figures.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's a dishonest question, akin to the "when did you stop beating your wife" question.

Education is not, and has never been, about finding a recognized legitimate source, and taking it as gospel. You're confusing education and critical thinking for blind faith. They're antithetical concepts.

Critical thinking involves cross-comparison of multiple sources, based on their own individual merits. That is what my schooling has taught me. Not to pick a source and place my unquestioning faith in it. That's ridiculous.

Your question presumes that nobody else in the world engages in critical thinking. This says a hell of a lot more about you than it says about anyone else.
    Grade school is terrible about teaching critical thinking skills in the US. The only reason I got them early on was from my parents caring about my education, and then later in college which refined it. Public schools have this emphasis on learning and regurgitating "facts" and anything else put down as an answer is "wrong".

Don't expect someone without a tertiary education to have the ability to properly engage or even understand you, it's futile.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmomaths View Post
    We've seen countless examples here in the UK the last 15 years of how taxing the rich just leads to them moving their money out the country and leaving huge gaps in the economy.

The latest example is Spain.

They have introduced a Google tax that aims to raise taxes by taxing Google every time they publish a Spanish article.

Great idea right?

Helps the Spanish economy recover from huge deficits.
    Helps close the gap between the rich and the poor.

Wrong.

Google simply stopped their services in Spain completely.

Taxing the rich is completely anti - business and unfortunately doesn't work whatsoever.

Spain just lost massive Internet resources.

Google to shut Spanish news service http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-30426496
    it doesnt work because they dont put in a system that makes it so if they move the money out of country that money should be taxed at a very exorbitant rate.

this would stop them from moving their money.

Deleted
    Solution is, anarchy oriented society as Norway and Swizz have, everything is great in their countries. "Democracy" is the root of all evil, gives the chance for people to become corrupted. Problem is, we elect people to shout for us, just for their ideas in the present, but as i said problem is that they are there for 10+ years in the worst case, we have no idea what their agendas are past few months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wibang View Post
    Solution is, anarchy oriented society as Norway and Swizz have, everything is great in their countries. "Democracy" is the root of all evil, gives the chance for people to become corrupted. Problem is, we elect people to shout for us, just for their ideas in the present, but as i said problem is that they are there for 10+ years in the worst case, we have no idea what their agendas are past few months.
    Norway has a Constitutional Monarchy

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    IMO a good fix to save the government form going to bigger debt while also improving jobs is a hybrid approach.

Cut taxes FOR EVERYONE and the TAX CODE IT SELF*i would say personally Hermain Cains plan 999 maybe slightly edited number wise unless his math is good*, GUT welfare for all but disabled (mentally retarded/physical conditions), Make Minimum wage Living wage.
    (however, maybe have a safety net that ALL AMERICANS can use for up to 6-9 months once in there life(can be spilt into any amounts adding up to total) *shit happens but no shit last years on end like current welfare

Business's have more money to hire, People have more money to spend, forces everyone to work who can work, causes increase competition for best workers for even low wage jobs.

(people already above minimum wage should see increases to as increase competition = more wage growth)
    so increase wages for better employees while the sloppy bad ones still get a income not under the governments dime for doing nothing but smoking pot all day and doing drugs.

*current people on welfare get more money DOING NOTHING then actually working a minimum wage job which i think is stupid as hell

Government doesn't have to spend trillions on welfare. People see wage growth. With increase wage growth we see increase in growth of NEW business's that add more competition to CURRENT businesses.

HOWEVER, NONE OF THIS WOULD EVER PASS AS IT TAKES AWAY POWER FROM POLITICIANS TO BUY VOTES (democrats/republicans)
    Making minimum wage a livable one is part of the issue, but your plan will cause problems with your views toward Welfare and Businesses.

Cutting taxes on businesses won't make them hire more, it never did. Taxes have little to do with how much they hire. To get them to hire more, you have to increase demand in such a way that it requires more people to do the job. Otherwise, you are just giving them more money and making the problems worse.

Gutting Welfare would also make it worse as many on Welfare are full capable of working but can't find a job and your solution didn't create jobs for them either, so you would be forcing these people into crime or death as they can't work jobs that don't exist and they have to eat or provide for a family.

There are a few ways to get around this, but your way would actually compound the problems more than fix them.
    Last edited by Fugus; 2014-12-20 at 03:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The welfare talk is rediculous. You are talking about less then 3% of GDP:

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/welfare_spending

Consider that 2% of your canned apricots is insect filth:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_F..._Action_Levels
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    The welfare talk is rediculous. You are talking about less then 3% of GDP:

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/welfare_spending

Consider that 2% of your canned apricots is insect filth:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_F..._Action_Levels
    I don't eat canned anything.

15+ Year Old Account
    This isn't really a tax on the rich, this is just a dumb tax on small aspect of a certain industry. Google is just making this play to more or less set an example. If they sat back and accepted this tax from Spain, they might have to face similar taxes from other countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't eat canned anything.
    You are also not on welfare...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    You are also not on welfare...
    1. I have been and i still didn't eat canned anything.
    2. I'm a low paid worker and i still don't eat canned anything.

My weekly shopping, which i did an hour ago -

Cucumbers, salad leaves, pasta, chicken, potatoes, tomatoes, pears, grapes, natural yoghurt, tuna.

Ok i lied, the tuna was canned lol.

Point is, you can be poor and have a fantastic diet, without buying canned food.

1. I have been and i still didn't eat canned anything.
    2. I'm a low paid worker and i still don't eat canned anything.

My weekly shopping, which i did an hour ago -

Cucumbers, salad leaves, pasta, chicken, potatoes, tomatoes, pears, grapes, natural yoghurt, tuna.

Ok i lied, the tuna was canned lol.

Point is, you can be poor and have a fantastic diet, without buying canned food.
    I notice you bought mostly food that requires a decent amount of time to prepare, a lot of the people on it don't have that luxury for one reason or another.

Some are working 2 jobs, some are single parents and others (like myself) are injured and physically can't stand long enough to prepare much.

Question, over the course of the average day, how long do you spend over the course of the day making your food?

More taxes never works, because the Government will just spend more. The key is limiting spendature, especially in the defense sector, and private contracts, like BOEING. The US doesn't need every single fighter jet Boeing decided to create.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    I notice you bought mostly food that requires a decent amount of time to prepare, a lot of the people on it don't have that luxury for one reason or another.

Some are working 2 jobs, some are single parents and others (like myself) are injured and physically can't stand long enough to prepare much.

Question, over the course of the average day, how long do you spend over the course of the day making your food?
    Pear for breakfast at 6 am - zero preparation
    Pasta salad was actually preprepared - zero preperation
    Banana - zero preperation
    Baked potato - zero preperation, just clean it and put in oven for 40 mins. Salad preparation = cut a block of cucumber, grab a handful of salad leaves, throw in some tomatoes. - 45 seconds preparation.

Sometimes ill have a stew = open packets, chuck it all in the slow cooker and leave it on all day until you get home from work. - 3 minutes preparation.

I leave my house 6.30 am, am at the gym, am at work by 9am, and get home between 7pm and 8pm.

Unless somebody does longer hours than that, I'll just claim them lazy or inefficient with no knowledge of how to make things easy for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post

GUT welfare for all but disabled (mentally retarded/physical conditions)
    Just to clarify, those with mental health problems should be excluded from welfare in your opinion?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pear for breakfast at 6 am - zero preparation
    Pasta salad was actually preprepared - zero preperation
    Banana - zero preperation
    Baked potato - zero preperation, just clean it and put in oven for 40 mins. Salad preparation = cut a block of cucumber, grab a handful of salad leaves, throw in some tomatoes. - 45 seconds preparation.

Sometimes ill have a stew = open packets, chuck it all in the slow cooker and leave it on all day until you get home from work. - 3 minutes preparation.

I leave my house 6.30 am, am at the gym, am at work by 9am, and get home between 7pm and 8pm.

Unless somebody does longer hours than that, I'll just claim them lazy or inefficient with no knowledge of how to make things easy for themselves.
    You missed the point completely. The fact that you don't eat canned foods is irrelevant. How small less than 3%, is what maters. If discussion of economics were proportional to spending vs gdp, a post about welfare should appear about once every 34 posts. Instead it dominates the topic... It's a red herring...