Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

How to affliction (rotation T17 Highmaul)

Well since all the criticism, I will keep this guide to what I wanted it to be. And that is a deeper look into the rotation. Sorry if i supplied false info.

Single target rotation:

Opener
    Ask for a 25 sec pull (pre cast soul burn)
    3 sec left on pull prepot + haunt
    1 sec left on pull unstable affliction hard cast
    Dark soul + soul swap (with the soul burn still up)
    Berserking (troll racial, if you have it)
    Spam drain soul until berserking runs out, drain soul and let it sit right before berserking ends (if you don’t have berserking keep drain souling until haunt starts running out)
    Haunt + unstable affliction (ua as a works as a filler before haunt hits the boss)

After opener
    For the rest of the rotation keep re applying dots and only haunt when you have 3 or 4 soul shards (if you have procs its ok to spend all your shards on haunt so you should be sitting at 2 soul shards all the time without procs)
    Once you get procs again you need haunt up all the time during your procs so if you stand 30-40 yards from the boss and you have procs its a good idea to start casting haunt when there is 2-3 seconds of the haunt debuff left on the boss so you have a constant haunt during your procs - NOTE: don’t do this in your opener especially if you have trinkets that last 10 seconds (if you have 20 second trinkets then you can reapply haunt early in your opener)

NOTE: I’m not fully sure if spamming drain soul without haste procs and early tier low haste isn’t a dps loss and if letting it sit isn’t a better idea. So if you are used to spamming malefic grasp (the new drain soul) from mop you should probably let it sit unless its the opener.

Multi target rotation (twin ogron):

Opener
    This is where it becomes more fun and situational with the min maxing!
    1. Ask for a 25 sec pull (pre cast soul burn)
    2. 3 sec left on pull prepot + haunt
    3. 1 sec left on pull unstable affliction hard cast
    Dark soul + soul swap (with the soul burn still up)
    Soul swap dots + haunt on other target
    Switch back to main target (that already has haunt up on it) and spam drainsoul until dots start running out
    Recast Unstable Affliction and corruption and soulswap to other boss
    Cast haunt on any target and keep drain souling - NOTE: because you can often get chain procs in the opener + blood lust

After opener
    Make sure to keep up dots on both targets and never lose your 10 stack agony!

(IMPORTANT MAKE SURE YOU READ THIS)
    Now on fights such as tectus after the motes spawn and you have 6 targets running around never manually dot all of them, takes so long.
    >>APPLY AGONY TO ALL UNLESS - unless you get procs/bl (what ever haste/dmg buff) and you have 2 or more soul shards its worth soul swapping.
    Once again >>IF NO PROCS WHEN MOTES SPAWN<< agony all of them and focus drain soul with full dots on the one you should/want to focus.
    >>IF THOSE 4 OR MORE TARGETS ARE STACKED - soul burn seed of corruption on your main target so it applies corruption to all of the targets around your primary target for extra dmg>>

Now here are some really important parts about affliction on multi target

(IMPORTANT IF YOU HAVE 10 SECOND DURATION PROC TRINKETS)
    If you have 2 soul shards (as you should) and you get important procs but dots are running out you shouldn’t even bother quickly dotting the 2nd target, quickly dark soul + haunt then and re-dot the 1st one (if you don’t quickly get any soul shard procs keep focusing the one and put agony up on the other to not lose 10 stack [only if its running out]. If you get a soul shard and now you have 3 or more you can soul swap the dots to the other target rather than just focus one and even haunt both targets if you want to
    >> if you have 20 sec proc trinkets you can waste those precious globals re applying dots without soul swap, how ever you can soulswap and put up haunt on only 1 target rather than both.

A short summary for multi target:
    Don’t waste too many soul shards so you have enough for soul swaps and haunts if you get procs
    Keep dots up on most if you can
    Always haunt with trinket procs
    Use corruption and agony as fillers (or soul swap if you have procs and you cant stand and cast haunt e.g. smoke on you on tectus or fire phase during twin ogron)

I will probably update this later today sry if it looks ugly, messy and complicated made this really quick in 50 mins. I'll make sure to organize and make it easier to read later today

>>If i didn't include something you think I should've please comment and tell me, I'll gladly take criticism!<<
    Last edited by mmoc6d261dd0e1; 2014-12-11 at 01:05 PM.

Well, I gladly appreciate your effort, but isn't all that already covered in the affliction sticky? I think the Warlocks there would be glad if you joined the discussion there

Deleted
    I felt like the rotation and situational usage of soul shards was poorly discussed. This guide goes more deeper into the rotation, which is why i made it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the guide...

Can you please make an addition for those interested in SB:Haunt spec?

Opener

Ignoring the Soulburn 22-29 second before pull trick the opener would be:
    Precast Soulburn: Haunt -> Agony -> Unstable Affliction -> Corruption -> Dark Soul/Racial CD/On Use Trinket -> Drain Soul

Remember all DoTs are dynamic now. No need to reapply the DoT on trinket procs. Just let it do its thing.

Mid Fight

In times of movement, reapply Corruption and Agony. Engaging gameplay, I know. Try your best to have 98%+ uptime on your big three DoTs and Soulburn: Haunt. Reapply dots just as they are about to fall off. Same goes for Soulburn: Haunt and regular Haunt when you feel you need to chain it together. Always reapply just as the spell is expiring. Save regular Haunts for trinket procs unless you are near capping on shards and always go for 100% regular Haunt uptime during Dark Soul. Right in the last couple percentages of the bosses HP I usually spam Haunt and exhaust all my resources. It’s critical to use Dark Soul in conjunction with trinket procs. Don’t just burn Dark Soul when it’s off cooldown. Hold it til you get a trinket proc.

Multi-Target

I do not use Soul Swap. I can see it being used on timed adds in conjunction with the Glyph of Soul Swap. Inhaling it and holding it in for 20 seconds and allowing yourself time to regenerate some shards before the add actually comes out.
    I hard cast my dots and try to maintain 98% uptime on them on multi-target fights. Don't let those Agony stacks drop! I go for 98% Soulburn: Haunt uptime as well and try to do a solid job maintaining regular Haunt on all targets as well. It is incredibly shard draining but F it, do it live.

directly quoted out of the Sticky. Or what more information do you need for the SB:Haunt usage?

Deleted
    Not only soulburn haunt is not the talent to go with atm in any situation and that itself changes the rotation quite a bit, but it doesn't give specific examples of when to use these situational spells. It is just no way near detailed enough about the rotation. The things in that guide I just quickly note. Please read my guide before you comment.
    Last edited by mmoc6d261dd0e1; 2014-12-11 at 09:49 AM.

Deleted
    Mortal Coil no longer heals when cast ona target immune to fear.

Unless something changed drastically, you won't ever "get those sweet soul shard procs from all the corruptions", since Nightfall is still capped, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by shaxeey View Post
    Not only soulburn haunt is not the talent to go with atm in any situation and that itself changes the rotation quite a bit, but it doesn't give specific examples of when to use these situational spells. It is just no way near detailed enough about the rotation. The things in that guide I just quickly note. Please read my guide before you comment. I

- - - Updated - - -
    Wasn't criticizing pal . He asked for information about SB haunt, i gave him what he wanted. That it isn't optimal for ST is very clear :P

Deleted
    Don't use soulburn haunt spec. Means you can't soul swap much and have less haunt uptime. Plus the doomguard itself does 20-30% of your overall damage even on multi target

- - - Updated - - -

Ty guys for feedback I'll make sure to fix errors or false info

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    Mortal Coil no longer heals when cast ona target immune to fear.

Unless something changed drastically, you won't ever "get those sweet soul shard procs from all the corruptions", since Nightfall is still capped, isn't it?
    Nightfall
    Requires Warlock (Affliction)
    Requires level 10
    Your most recently applied Corruption has a 6.0% chance when it deals damage to cause you to regain a Soul Shard.

Empowered Corruption (Level 92+)
    Corruption has a 2.5% increased chance to generate a Soul Shard.

== 8,5% chance to gain a shard per tick, only latest corruption

(2) Set (Affliction): While channeling Drain Soul on a target afflicted by your Corruption, Unstable Affliction, and Agony, the chance for Nightfall to activate is increased by 5%.

== 13,5% chance per tick with 2pc T17, still only latest corruption
    Last edited by Yuna; 2014-12-11 at 09:57 AM.

Deleted
    Hey there,

just read your Guide after reading some forum discussions on some other sides.

Im playing affli lock since..yeah since vanilla times just intefered by some demo testing. So i think i have at least some kind of idea what to do with my char.

But reading your guide lead to one big question concerning your build.
    You're going for Demonic Servitude above SB:Haunt. In every single guide and at least the noxxic dmg Calculator you see SB:H>DS (at the point of GS is above 630) probably because of the 10min CD with Doomguard.

So my question in detail: Based on what data your are recommending DS more than SB:H + 10min Doomguard?
    Last edited by mmoc6c0ac366f7; 2014-12-11 at 10:54 AM.

Deleted
    "PLEASE NEVER USE GLYPH OF HAVOC... EVER"
    What? How about on Ko'ragh?

Quote Originally Posted by rvd1ofakind View Post
    "PLEASE NEVER USE GLYPH OF HAVOC... EVER"
    What? How about on Ko'ragh?
    Exactly. I was going to say this

Also what is this note doing in an affliction guide?

Stats prio:

NOTE (for destro)
    PLEASE NEVER USE GLYPH OF HAVOC... EVER
    Last edited by Zaroch; 2014-12-11 at 11:31 AM.

Deleted
    I doubt the credibility of this guide.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't use soulburn haunt spec. Means you can't soul swap much and have less haunt uptime.

Yeah...no.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are not alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't use soulburn haunt spec. Means you can't soul swap much and have less haunt uptime. Plus the doomguard itself does 20-30% of your overall damage even on multi target

- - - Updated - - -

Ty guys for feedback I'll make sure to fix errors or false info
    I don't like closed mind approach honestly, SB:Haunt is better than what you think, while Terrorguard is grossly overestimated. It is good, but it is not OMG ONLY USE IT OR SUCK good.

Other than that, thanks for the tips.

- - - Updated - - -

Guides are always good, you just need to take the better things out of them and use your brain to dispute stuff you deem incorrect or too closed-minded.

While some small remarks there are up to the question and better players will optimize it beyond the guide's scope, the basic stuff is good.

Just make sure to treat such things as opinion and not as a gospel truth.

There's so much wrong with this I'm kind of alarmed by it. I want to urge everyone to use SB: Haunt on Multi-Target fights. Fights like Twin Ogron and Brackenspore especially. For Brackenspore I try to maintain 100% SB: Haunt uptime when Fungal add spawns which also covers spore shooters. I'd include direct mythic log evidence why this is a huge DPS gain > Servitude but our logs are private during progression so take my word for it. Also don't Soul Swap ever.
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cabana View Post
    There's so much wrong with this I'm kind of alarmed by it. I want to urge everyone to use SB: Haunt on Multi-Target fights. Fights like Twin Ogron and Brackenspore especially. For Brackenspore I try to maintain 100% SB: Haunt uptime when Fungal add spawns which also covers spore shooters. I'd include direct mythic log evidence why this is a huge DPS gain > Servitude but our logs are private during progression so take my word for it. Also don't Soul Swap ever.
    I believe you, because it's pretty obvious really. I wonder which Grimoire you use though? Servitude or Supremacy?

Deleted
    Our 2 target damage is fantastic with SB:H. I was pleasantly surprised.