Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    One time i accidentally lifegripped someone into a mine and i was so shocked that i forgot to run out of the next one that spawned right under me >.<
    lol -- You gotta love moments like that. They aren't so bad if you have a group who finds things like that funny. While yours was during and encounter, we had a priest in our Firelands group (I was helping the group out as they needed a tank) who would keep lifegripping people close to the edge of the bridge before Ragnaros and got them to land in the lava. Was always funny watching them freak out going "How the heck did I end up here and I can't get out I'm dying"

I wouldn't say way overtuned, but definitely a bit overtuned. Compared to Garrosh flex he is more difficult for both casual guilds and pugs.

Deleted
    Garrosh was way harder then imp.
    HM normal drops 655, go in with a group 655+ and you will see it's really easy.
    Flex SoO drops 540... go back a year try garrosh with a group of this ilvl, without a few 570+ DPS to carry you.
    This means several (as in: more then 1) empowered whirldwinds, and at this point literally every PUG back then would fall apart, with zero chance of a kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    It definitely is a big increase in difficulty compared to the other bosses, so either the other bosses should be a little bit harder or Imp should be slightly easier. I hope BRF is more consistent with the boss difficulty so that there isn't such a big jump in difficulty going from the penultimate boss to the last. Blackhand should be at least as hard as Imp was, though.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

I don't know about overtuned but he is definitely obviously harder than 6/7H so that's kind of problematic maybe? Depends on whether that's intended to be so.

Quote Originally Posted by Envar View Post
    Garrosh was way harder then imp.
    HM normal drops 655, go in with a group 655+ and you will see it's really easy.
    Flex SoO drops 540... go back a year try garrosh with a group of this ilvl, without a few 570+ DPS to carry you.
    This means several (as in: more then 1) empowered whirldwinds, and at this point literally every PUG back then would fall apart, with zero chance of a kill.
    going in with 655+ gear is overgearing the encounter though, since it is not tuned for 655+, seeing that the boss drops 655 gear, its actually tuned a bit below that. So ofcourse with 655+ its going to be really easy.

Garrosh flex was tuned for guilds with prolly average players in terms of skill geared in ToT gear at around 528 to 532 ilvl, lets say 530 average, which is 10 ilvls below his gear drops, i reckon imperator Margok is also tuned for guilds with around 645 ilvl average. Pugs will probably need a bit more ilvl to compensatie for possible not having voice comms and not having the experience of playing together but i dont think the tuning for both these bosses was/is above their drops ilvl.
    Last edited by chronia; 2015-02-02 at 09:57 AM.

It is way overtuned for the intended item level and general audience where normal is their true "endgame". Compared to the rest of the raid, it is vastly overtuned.

For exceptional and/or overgeared players it is manageable, but certainly requires more attention and real performance.
    Stay salty my friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    going in with 655+ gear is overgearing the encounter though, since it is not tuned for 655+, seeing that the boss drops 655 gear, its actually tuned a bit below that. So ofcourse with 655+ its going to be really easy.

Garrosh flex was tuned for guilds with prolly average players in terms of skill geared in ToT gear at around 528 to 532 ilvl, lets say 530 average, which is 10 ilvls below his gear drops, i reckon imperator Margok is also tuned for guilds with around 645 ilvl average. Pugs will probably need a bit more ilvl to compensatie for possible not having voice comms and not having the experience of playing together but i dont think the tuning for both these bosses was/is above their drops ilvl.
    Thats not contradicting my point at all.
    It doesn't matter at what exact ilvl the bosses are tuned for (and endbosses are usually not tuned around ilvl from last content anyway).
    I just said that, given the same relative ilvl, a PUG for normal Imp has a way higher chance for success then a group for garrosh flex back in time.
    You always had a few DPS carrying the fight or you would wipe to empowered whirlwind. Again. And again.
    I never encountered a PUG that could manage EmpWW on eigther flex or normal garrosh, and people just did not do enough DPS in 540 to skip it. Let alone 530.
    So assuming both bosses are tuned for around 5-10 ilvl lower then boss drops of the instance, you needed to overgear garrosh by a far higher margin to have a chance at beating him in a PUG. That it was extremely easy to achieve said ilvl through item upgrades/world bosses/crafting etc doesn't change that.
    Conclusion: Garrosh was way harder then imperator. Simple logic.

Deleted
    IN my opinion he is fine the way he currently is.