Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is there a real Euphoria-alternative?

Hey dear Balance-Community!

For the sake of flexibility I switched to my druid in WoD and now find me playing balance. I like the playstyle of my feathermonster but I'm struggling with the Euphoria talent. I don't like it and I'm struggling with using it right.
    So my Question is: Is there a real alternative for Euphoria in raiding environment? Like within 10-15%...
    And if yes, is there a allround way to skill or should I switch the talent on a boss to boss basis? And when to use which talent?
    And would a different way to skill lead to another statpriority?

A lot of question from a nearly new born owl biddy.

Erestron

P.s.: English is not my native language. I hope everything is understandable :X

Deleted
    I am planning of switching from Soul of the forest and Euphoria to Incarnation: Chosen of Elune and Stellar flare.
    From what i found out in a brief search is that damage is similair, and i dont like the faster lunar/solar cycles (although the faster casting is nice).

Will do some target dummies tonight to find out

Deleted
    For me Euphoria is very good talent not because it's currently best talent for dps but it's just fun to play, without Euphoria moonkin is just boring ,40 seconds cycle with huge casts.

I wish they would make balance druid cycle 20 sec basline and completly rework all talents.

Balance of power isn't too terrible to play with from what i understand. When i simmed it on myself i lost like 5-7% dps, but i've never actually raided with it so i can't really comment much on it.

I'm not completely sure, but i don't think any of the talents is actually a 10% gain, so you'd even be within 10% without even taking one.

Just choose whatever you can wrap your head around best.

I think technically Balance of Power would be the go-to on anything that is consistently more than one target (Twin Ogron, Tectus). Since you want to use charges on Starfall rather than Starsurge any time you have more than one target, fights like Ogron will see very few Starsurges, meaning that you aren't benefiting from Euphoria's reduced cast speed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exolaris View Post
    I think technically Balance of Power would be the go-to on anything that is consistently more than one target (Twin Ogron, Tectus). Since you want to use charges on Starfall rather than Starsurge any time you have more than one target, fights like Ogron will see very few Starsurges, meaning that you aren't benefiting from Euphoria's reduced cast speed.
    What he said. I personally prefer the Euphoria play style, and use it as my 'go to' talent, but BOP yields bigger dps on fights where most of your charges are spent on starfall instead of starsurge.

As for stellar flare, the concept is fun, and it was great on beta but it got nerfed, too hard. Now on an ideal fight, executed perfectly it is on par with BOP, and executed poorly it's a dps loss. It's just not worth taking yet, I say yet because it scale with mastery and with more gear (I'm talking later tiers not just a couple of epics) it'll scale better than other talents. Unless it gets a buff we wont see it for a while.
    Last edited by xtramuscle; 2014-12-11 at 11:09 PM.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

I think BOP can serve well on AOE fights.

Quote Originally Posted by exolaris View Post
    fights like Ogron will see very few Starsurges, meaning that you aren't benefiting from Euphoria's reduced cast speed.
    Top-ranked Balance Druid on Twins -
    21 Star Surges, 16 Starfalls.

Quote Originally Posted by Teryx View Post
    And I'm sure he's experimenting with things, just like we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teryx View Post
    My log had 30 starfalls 14 starsurges
    Last edited by xtramuscle; 2014-12-12 at 01:05 PM.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

10+ Year Old Account
    have you tried atheism?

I think that Stellar flare should have much longer duration so its basicaly easy to use / low dmg addition on par with other talents.
    Because actualy they made Stellar dmg on par with other talents (thats why its so low dmg), but on same time you can fail there and there is no compensation for it. While with BoP for example you cannot fail and damage addition is on par with stellar flare. If you wanna make stellar usefull then they should change it for easier usage without changing damage too much so it will stay like choice not requirment.
    Or just make starsurge extend duration of stellar flare by 10s...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madus View Post
    I think that Stellar flare should have much longer duration so its basicaly easy to use / low dmg addition on par with other talents.
    Because actualy they made Stellar dmg on par with other talents (thats why its so low dmg), but on same time you can fail there and there is no compensation for it. While with BoP for example you cannot fail and damage addition is on par with stellar flare. If you wanna make stellar usefull then they should change it for easier usage without changing damage too much so it will stay like choice not requirment.
    Or just make starsurge extend duration of stellar flare by 10s...
    This post really doesn't make sense. Stellar flare having a longer duration would nun and void the point of the spell. It would also make it useless on every fight except ogron as the target wouldn't die too quickly for the full duration. As for it not being possible to fail at BOP I see many people who have less than 99% uptime on their dots, which is a massive dps and the definition of failing if you ask me.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    This post really doesn't make sense. Stellar flare having a longer duration would nun and void the point of the spell. It would also make it useless on every fight except ogron as the target wouldn't die too quickly for the full duration. As for it not being possible to fail at BOP I see many people who have less than 99% uptime on their dots, which is a massive dps and the definition of failing if you ask me.
    Still its much easier fail StF like BoP dots. And btw if stellar flare would be nun, whats the point of that spell right now?
    It will never be better like other talents in term of damage, but it will be still easier to fail with StF like with other talents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madus View Post
    Still its much easier fail StF like BoP dots. And btw if stellar flare would be nun, whats the point of that spell right now?
    It will never be better like other talents in term of damage, but it will be still easier to fail with StF like with other talents.
    Have you played the class before? You literally can't fail with flare as long as you apply it. The way it scales between min and max dmg is non existent, it doesn't matter where you are in the cycle. (which is one of the reasons the concept doesn't work)

Whats the point of the spell right now? There is none, which is why anyone who has done the slightest bit of research isn't using it.

As for 'it will never be better' you couldn't be more wrong. flare scales directly with mastery, so in later tiers it will be come the best talent available. If you don't know what you're talking about, then stay quiet, don't mislead others who have enough sense to ask the right questions.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

As for 'it will never be better' you couldn't be more wrong. flare scales directly with mastery, so in later tiers it will be come the best talent available. If you don't know what you're talking about, then stay quiet, don't mislead others who have enough sense to ask the right questions.
    My point was that even if you get best gear last tier and your StF will come as best talent available, blizz will nerf it so its on par with other talents. That is their logic and idea behind new talents, so they are not mandatory rather choice.

Deleted
    Have you played the class before? You literally can't fail with flare as long as you apply it. The way it scales between min and max dmg is non existent, it doesn't matter where you are in the cycle. (which is one of the reasons the concept doesn't work)

Whats the point of the spell right now? There is none, which is why anyone who has done the slightest bit of research isn't using it.

I think the idea is that while you are far on one side of the eclipse bar, the eclipse bonus is concentrated into either lunar or solar spells, so you use either lunar or solar spells. While it's in the middle none of them gets a huge buff, except for Flare which combines the buffs from both sides at all times.
    So it's not at its strongest while the bar is balanced (which the tooltip suggests); it's just that flare is stronger than the alternatives at that point. So as a concept it makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
    I think the idea is that while you are far on one side of the eclipse bar, the eclipse bonus is concentrated into either lunar or solar spells, so you use either lunar or solar spells. While it's in the middle none of them gets a huge buff, except for Flare which combines the buffs from both sides at all times.
    So it's not at its strongest while the bar is balanced (which the tooltip suggests); it's just that flare is stronger than the alternatives at that point. So as a concept it makes sense to me.
    You're talking about the direct damage it does, which is miniscule.

Quote Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
    It is strongest in the middle. The difference is just smaller than for other spells and only matters for the largely negligible initial damage.