Touch of Karma on Twin Ogron

I see alot of the top dps monks in in worldoflogs have 5-6% of their damage from ToK. I'm assuming they are running through multiple fires for the dot to stack and then using ToK when it's 10 sec left. Does anyone know?

Also I seached the forum and google but could not find out if ToK benefits from dps increases like tigereye brew or dps pots. It doesn't right?

i thought touch of karma was capped at max health, as thats how much damage it can absorb which is then transferred into a DoT on the mob

so yea, i always thought ToK was capped at max HP - i copuld be wrong though, stuff changes and i'm not always 100% up to date.
    <insert witty signature here>

It averages about 100k per use at current hp, 1.5 minute cooldown. Twin Ogron Mythic Berserk timer is 7 minutes so you could expect to see it used 4 times. 400k damage is not insignificant but it would max out about 3.5-4% of total damage if you are dpsing correctly. Heres our kill logs with windwalker spell breakdown: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...t=26&source=25

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by InkarnateKT View Post
    It averages about 100k per use at current hp, 1.5 minute cooldown. Twin Ogron Mythic Berserk timer is 7 minutes so you could expect to see it used 4 times. 400k damage is not insignificant but it would max out about 3.5-4% of total damage if you are dpsing correctly. Heres our kill logs with windwalker spell breakdown: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...t=26&source=25
    Not sure about your gear levels but I am 664 and standing here with 253.6k health unbuffed. Would mean that I am almost 280k in raid and ToK caps at 50% of your maxhealth (and as far as I know you can cheat this up with Fortifying Brew just like you can with ToD).

It is possible to use Fort Brew + ToK to take a stack, max two of fire on mythic. Though with 2 stacks the combo is not enough and you will start taking damage once the ToK buff runs out. So it is down to how your raid feels comfortable doing.

However I personally like to use it much more on the other damage sources such as Interrupting Shout, Arcane Volatility and Pulverize. Maybe on farm kills you can try speeding it up by maximizing the damage from fire stacks.

They're probably just using it normally, which is to mitigate high damage raid mechanics such as the fire, pulverize, and shout. I doubt they're intentionally getting high stacks in mythic just to ToK, rather there's just a lot of damage inherently in the fight to begin with. That's something you do when a fight is on full cruise-control farm mode.

Quote Originally Posted by zeeAbe View Post
    Not sure about your gear levels but I am 664 and standing here with 253.6k health unbuffed. Would mean that I am almost 280k in raid and ToK caps at 50% of your maxhealth (and as far as I know you can cheat this up with Fortifying Brew just like you can with ToD).

It is possible to use Fort Brew + ToK to take a stack, max two of fire on mythic. Though with 2 stacks the combo is not enough and you will start taking damage once the ToK buff runs out. So it is down to how your raid feels comfortable doing.

However I personally like to use it much more on the other damage sources such as Interrupting Shout, Arcane Volatility and Pulverize. Maybe on farm kills you can try speeding it up by maximizing the damage from fire stacks.
    As far as I recall you can also use the damage reduction talents in combination to do excessive damage.. Especially the -90% magic damage taken one combined with fire should be damn good.
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri
    It's because of that thing you did that one time. We know. (source)

I wouldn't advise taking fire damage on purpose for ToK. There are plenty of damage taken opportunities in Mythic for you to use it on that occur naturally during the fight.

Deleted
    On mythic, just using it for the 3rd pulverize (aka big void zone that you have to stand far from) will absorb 50% of your health. And I can assure you that you can't take stacks of fire that easily on mythic, even at 1 stack it hurts, 2 stacks you're in real danger.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd highly doubt that they are using ToK offensively as it is a very difficult fight as melee. As Scryms said, any stacks is extremely dangerous, more than 3 and you bet you're cycling Diffuse Magic and Zen Med to stay alive.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    I'd highly doubt that they are using ToK offensively as it is a very difficult fight as melee. As Scryms said, any stacks is extremely dangerous, more than 3 and you bet you're cycling Diffuse Magic and Zen Med to stay alive.
    Zen med is incredible, so long as you are alive, you can zen-med out of practically infinite stacks (I had a whirlwind keeping me in the fire, up to 6-7 stacks, diffuse > zenmed > walk away, under 100k damage taken)

10+ Year Old Account
    For Ogron, I'm 100% in the camp of using it defensively. Granted, I view it more as a defensive cooldown that does damage - so I don't necessarily use it on CD, but rather when I know I'm about to take a big hit.

It's very useful in relieving the already stiff healing for Mythic, that is for sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serzha View Post
    As far as I recall you can also use the damage reduction talents in combination to do excessive damage.. Especially the -90% magic damage taken one combined with fire should be damn good.
    However you only deal damage from what is left from the 90%.

Diffuse Magic also only lasts for 6 seconds and fire stacks last for 12. Each stack ticks for 12k on mythic, so pretty much 1 stack is enough for ToK to be used offensively, does not reach absolute maximum capacity.

For everyone else: Use Dampen Harm on mythic Twins.

Only two abilities you'd use Diffuse for and one is you standing in bad (fire stacks) and other is RNG (Arcane Volatility) meanwhile DH reduces damage from ALL the big hits like both shouts and the super big rock hitting the ground (hell, even with DH you get chunked for 25-30%, so if you are in a spot to use Zen Med, do it).

Interesting I've seen Tok used a lot in pvp offensively never really thought about attempting to min max it in raid

Quote Originally Posted by zeeAbe View Post

Yea sorry, I didn't mean 100k is its max. Just when you use it to mitigate damage as a CD instead of offensive over a multitude of pulls I found it was approximately 100k per use. If you intended to get full min max dps out of it you could easily do more. However as others have mentioned, on Twin Ogron I don't advise it during progression.