How does Halo DR work?

Does it estimate how many it's going to hit and then splits the healing based on that? A bit confused to say the least.

There was a big post in the theorycrafting forums with details on it. If you want the long version its there.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/3...ssion/#post433

Short version. It builds a list of all targets it could possibly hit at cast time, each one of those targets gets a calculation based on how many other targets are within its radius (clump size on the post there). In the case of halo the radius is 30 yds, Measured targets are all within 40. If the amount of clumped targets is over the DR limit, then that heal will be DR'd accordingly. It doesn't actually have to heal a target for it to DR off them.

Divine star is also 40 yards measurement, but only 18 yards clumped.

Quote Originally Posted by Nestar View Post
    There was a big post in the theorycrafting forums with details on it. If you want the long version its there.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/3...ssion/#post433

Short version. It builds a list of all targets it could possibly hit at cast time, each one of those targets gets a calculation based on how many other targets are within its radius (clump size on the post there). In the case of halo the radius is 30 yds, Measured targets are all within 40. If the amount of clumped targets is over the DR limit, then that heal will be DR'd accordingly. It doesn't actually have to heal a target for it to DR off them.

Divine star is also 40 yards measurement, but only 18 yards clumped.
    So at what target will it base its healing on? Let's say Halo heals for 5k on targets stacks on me and 20k when 25y away. I'm stacking on ranged and 25y from melee, is the healing going to be 6*5k/amount_of_players and heal the melee by that amount aswell? Is it some sort of average?

Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    So at what target will it base its healing on? Let's say Halo heals for 5k on targets stacks on me and 20k when 25y away. I'm stacking on ranged and 25y from melee, is the healing going to be 6*5k/amount_of_players and heal the melee by that amount aswell? Is it some sort of average?
    6/amount_of_players*healing_calculation_for_single_players

I'd assume; DR is just a prefactor to the healing per target.

- - - Updated - - -

6/amount_of_players*healing_calculation_for_single_players

I'd assume; DR is just a prefactor to the healing per target.
    I hope the first number is not actually a '6' though, sine it counts potential targets.

Every target will calculate individually based on how many others are nearby. If you have 2 groups but they're all still within 30 yards then you'd pretty much be DR on everyone from everyone. If you had a few people behind you and everyone in front of you, those people behind you would only be DR'd based on themselves and you, While you and the group in front would see full DR.