Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Crafted Epic Upgrades Tier3 655 -> 665 or 670 ?? (CONFIRMED 670)

I apologise in advance for the distinct lack of links. First time poster and unfortunately it's just against the rules

This post will be focusing on Greater Hexweave Essence, but it's essentially the same deal for all professions, so...

I'm running into conflicting information here about whether Greater Hexweave Essence upgrades to 670 or 665.
    I can find very few people giving confirmation either way (?perhaps suggesting that anyone upgrading to 670 is keeping it hush-hush lest they get caught ;p)

Fore:
    • In the Warlords of Draenor Tailoring Guide on Wowhead (under the subsection of modifying epic crafted gear), you will find that it says Greater Hexweave Essence upgrades an item from 655 to 670. It also notes that the tooltip is outdated, and how to get your website to display a wowhead link with the correct 670 one. It's all the same, no matter which profession you look at.
    • Under the Greater Hexweave Essence item listing, in the most recent comment section, there are 2 people claiming that they have both had items upgraded to 670 level. I have also read on another site somebody saying they think they read a blue.
    • If you look up any kind of hexweave crafted epic, and slide it up to tier 3, it will have a 670 ilevel.

Evidence against:
    • Meanwhile, Blizzards own official database only states 665, and Wowhead doesn't include an updated tooltip of any kind that can be linked to in-game.
    • I can't find a blue post anywhere about this, or anything on MMO forums. I've been through everything I can find.
    • Nobody is talking about it. All I can find is people talking about the depreciating value of tailored epics, and how little the the 665 gear is going to be worth now that Highmaul is out dropping 670. This is on MMO, as of a few days ago.

So what is the deal? can anyone pls point me in the direction of a blue or some other kind of evidence?
    If this turns out to be the case, a link to any in game link-able version of the tooltip would also be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Tsu.
    Last edited by Tsuannan; 2014-12-11 at 07:25 PM. Reason: title change

From November 25 Hotfixes:

Professions

[Still in testing] Crafted gear and weapons received an item level boost. Tooltips for the items will still display the incorrect (older) item level.
    Crafted Tier-2 weapons now have an item level of 645 (up from 640).
    Crafted Tier-3 weapons now have an item level of 660 (up from 655).
    Crafted Tier-3 gear now have an item level of 670 (up from 665).

Fairly sure this was pushed out since the other change in testing at the time was the mat reduction for the heal/tank enchants, which is live, and I thought I recalled hearing about 660 weapons recently.

Upgraded my engineering helm to tier 3 yesterday and it was indeed 670. I'd imagine people aren't talking about it much because with highmaul out and boe's/world boss drops everywhere people probably aren't bothering upgrading their crafted gear anymore.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Wintermist so much for tracking that down. I don't know why my searches didn't turn it up?? It's great having all the blue hotfixes in one list like that, which I guess what i was hoping when I tried using the blue tracker.

So... what does still in testing mean? That it may be withdrawn? That it is yet to be decided if it will be implemented? I know the drop in enchant mats required for the healer and tank weapon enchants were very much not being tested.

How do I know if these things even exist? Nobody talks about it. You don't see the items on the AH. You see essences. I asked in trade, and everyone just read off the tooltip, completely oblivious.

Thanks Lethargy, I finally had this confirmed myself after asking in trade. NOBODY knew about it. And yet, the price of the essences (and weaponry) is taking a dive because everyone is talking about the tooltip. Nobody is selling it up and everyone is talking it down.

Truth be told though, if you aren't mythic raiding, this stuff is BIS guaranteed. You can make it. At 350G a re-roll on my server a few hours ago it wouldn't even be that much extra out of pocket.

So my next question is.... is there ANY WAY to get a link, that reflects the correct upgrade into game for selling?

Jewelcrafting stuff is still 640->655->665 ... if other professions got the hotfix then that is bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by getupkid55 View Post
    Jewelcrafting stuff is still 640->655->665 ... if other professions got the hotfix then that is bullshit.
    Have you actually tested it or are you going by the tooltip?

Quote Originally Posted by Caelia View Post
    Have you actually tested it or are you going by the tooltip?
    I have a tier 2 neck. The tooltips all say 655, the item is budgeted as a 655 in the tooltip (similar stats to normal drops), the stats are matching the tooltip when I equip it.

You seem to be assuming they were intentionally left out. Either a bug or an oversight, most likely. It'll get taken care of, don't worry.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    I have a tier 2 neck. The tooltips all say 655, the item is budgeted as a 655 in the tooltip (similar stats to normal drops), the stats are matching the tooltip when I equip it.
    Tier 2 remains unchanged. They only buffed tier 3 for gear.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps you misunderstood? The only difference for crafted non-main hand/off-hand items is from tier 2 up to tier 3. So your neck piece is exactly where it is supposed to be, at 655. It will level to 670 like all the others though.

Only Main-hand/Off-hand crafted items have had both the 2nd AND 3rd tiers changed, but still end up only at 665 iirc.

10+ Year Old Account
    tooltips aren't updated. i crafted my tier 3 shield upgrade item last night, said boost to 655, my shield is in fact ilvl 660.
    This is a signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mteq View Post
    tooltips aren't updated. i crafted my tier 3 shield upgrade item last night, said boost to 655, my shield is in fact ilvl 660.
    Weapons / Shields as t3 are supposed to be 660.

Apparently they want the best weaps/shields as drops...which is frankly bullshit. Let me craft heroic-level gear for any slot please...

Sorry if i missed that topic, but i got a bs crafted legs with ilvl 640, i have bs with my other char. So can i send that item to my alt an upgrade it, or it becomes soulbind when i do that ?

u can send the upgrade token to your main , and use it then. And as far as i i know upgraiding doesnt make it soulbound.

upgraded my jewelcrafting ring to 3/3 & it is 670 ilvl

Seems wow progress is all screwed up as well. It's showing my crafted jewelry as 670 but my crafted armor as 665 and factoring that into my ilvl even though blizzards armory shows the correct ilvl. Real shame that it's the standard between that and the way they give guilds credit for kills that haven't even killed a boss yet as a guild.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    most of times tooltip updates require a client update, and in this case it's not worth to release an update for such a tiny change

Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    most of times tooltip updates require a client update, and in this case it's not worth to release an update for such a tiny change
    this.

when they do a hotfix the tooltips don't get changed until a patch release. the tier 3 upgrade brings items up to 670 even though the tooltip says 665. the tooltip is fixed for 6.1 though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I think many people use the word "scale" the same way the smurfs use "smurf".