Currently my garrison is set up as follows:

Lvl 3 War Mill
    Lvl 2 Barracks
    Lvl 3 Lumber Mill
    Lvl 2 Inn
    Lvl 3 Tannery
    Lvl 2 Alchemy Lab
    Lvl 2 Storehouse

I'm a leather worker and am finding it tedious to collect the hides needed for work orders and daily cooldowns. Generally I'll go spend a couple of hours and collect about 200 to fill up my 21 work orders and have 2-3 days worth of the daily cooldowns. Rinse. Repeat.

I'm thinking of replacing the inn with a barn so I can trap beasts for leather, which will require a bit more ramp up time, but overall less farming, and after awhile, a consistent source of savage blood for upgrades. I'm about halfway through the meta to upgrade to the lvl 3 Inn and I'm not sure exactly how profitable the treasure missions are. Don't really care too much about the toys/flavor items or the dailies (mostly ignored).

I guess my main question would be this: Are the treasure hunter missions from the inn more or less valuable than the potential for hides/savage blood from the barn?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    The max amount of gold you can get from the treasure mission is 150g....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

That's terrible. Is that really all a level 3 inn gets you? Occasional repair money for resources?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by questmaster360 View Post
    That's terrible. Is that really all a level 3 inn gets you? Occasional repair money for resources?
    No, the level 3 Inn gives you more than that, treasure missions however, does not.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I don't like the barn because of how it works. Trapping animals is done in one of the needlessly busiwork-type ways compared to everything else it's just frustrating.

It takes like 10-20 minutes to get a full days worth of cages, LOL. How is that frustrating? I was forced to go Inn due to no scavengers at all, now I have 4, and just made the Barn about 5 days ago give or take? obviously level 2.

The best thing about the inn is the reusable flask (updated one from timeless isle). The treasure missions just give gold.

If you think that's terrible, what about the level 630 follower missions that reward 75 gold and cost 30 garrison resources to run?

10+ Year Old Account
    Upgrade everything to level 3.
    Replace Lumber Mill with Barn.
    Keep Inn.
    Problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by Hayro1 View Post
    It takes like 10-20 minutes to get a full days worth of cages, LOL. How is that frustrating?
    Takes a weeee bit longer to farm a weeks worth of Barn lvl 3 Cages.
    I usually kill 20-25 elites = 40-50 Work orders with the double trap method. Takes about an hour or more with a 640 shadowpriest and a bodyguard.
    Last edited by Melancolie; 2014-12-11 at 06:49 PM.
    "I like big pulls and i cannot lie, you other brothers cant deny, when a mob walks in, or maybe 10, all lined up for a spell, you press 2!"..

Quote Originally Posted by Aktec View Post
    The best thing about the inn is the reusable flask (updated one from timeless isle). The treasure missions just give gold.
    Also, you keep the flask even if you get rid of the Inn.

Yeah I have the flask/crystal already, and after being resource starved forever, I do not want to drop the lumber mill lol.

I had no idea how finite resources would end up, because they just toss them at you at first. Spent too much time 91-99 just cycling followers through every mission that popped up. Hit 100 with several level 100 followers but no resources to upgrade to lvl 3, took me an entire day of treasure hunting and grinding rares to hit 2000. And now i'm looking at several lvl 3 building upgrades in the near future.

Really wish the Barn was a large building. I'd replace the Barracks no problem.
    Last edited by questmaster360; 2014-12-11 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Melancolie View Post
    Upgrade everything to level 3.
    Replace Lumber Mill with Barn.
    Keep Inn.
    Problem solved

I usually kill 20-25 elites = 40-50 Work orders with the double trap method. Takes about an hour or more with a 640 shadowpriest and a bodyguard.
    he said a days worth not a week's worth. Also you are comlaining that you have to spend 1 hour a week for mats to make >10k gold?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I have the flask/crystal already, and after being resource starved forever, I do not want to drop the lumber mill lol.

I had no idea how finite resources would end up, because they just toss them at you at first. Spent too much time 91-99 just cycling followers through every mission that popped up. Hit 100 with several level 100 followers but no resources to upgrade to lvl 3, took me an entire day of treasure hunting and grinding rares to hit 2000. And now i'm looking at several lvl 3 building upgrades in the near future.

Really wish the Barn was a large building. I'd replace the Barracks no problem.
    same thing happened to me i lost almost 2 days worth of lvl 3 barn ques at peak material price times.

I usually kill 20-25 elites = 40-50 Work orders with the double trap method.
    Please enlighten me, I'm obviously new to this.

Also, I can see the busywork angle, but skinning is really annoying, because for some reason, only half the animals are skinnable, only the "adult" animals. So while there's mobs everywhere that you could easily mow down, you have to chase and pick and choose between locations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    he said a days worth not a week's worth. Also you are comlaining that you have to spend 1 hour a week for mats to make >10k gold?
    I wasnt complaining, i was informing

Please enlighten me, I'm obviously new to this.

Also, I can see the busywork angle, but skinning is really annoying, because for some reason, only half the animals are skinnable, only the "adult" animals. So while there's mobs everywhere that you could easily mow down, you have to chase and pick and choose between locations.
    Traps lasts 30 secs, but you can place a trap every 15 secs.
    Bring mob to 65% or so.
    Place trap.
    Place trap #2 15 secs later.
    Wait 5 secs for it to arm.
    Make sure mob is below 50% Health and drag it over both traps = 2 caged beasts.
    "I like big pulls and i cannot lie, you other brothers cant deny, when a mob walks in, or maybe 10, all lined up for a spell, you press 2!"..

Deleted
    No salvage yard ? that is pretty insane...

If you have no plans to drop skinning, I would probably not go with a barn. I found the barn to be about the least fun thing to farm for. The caged animals d not stack, so you better have some free inventory space unless you want to have to go trap animals every day. As a marks hunter, I have to take care not to outright kill the animals I'm trying to cage. It's a bit frustrating to have to put my pet on passive and pretty much use explosive trap / autoshot to damage the mob to "wounded" so the trap will fire. Obviously it's not "hard" - just frustrating.

It's not like the lumber mill where you can go on a massive farming spree and stack 250 resources that will last a few days. A few days worth of caged animals is going to eat quite a few inventory slots.

It may be possible that a L2 and L3 barn kicks up the output but I wasn't getting a very large amount of fur/hides per work order either. It felt like I could farm them much faster. I might be biased though because I was only looking at the barn (on my main) for savage bloods. I finally just plowed the barn for a different building and bought out the savage bloods. It seems easier to farm gold, at least for me.

For what it's worth, my mage alt has the tailor shop and I've sent her at least 400 furs that I've got from my main from just killing animals (without skinning). This is part of what just made the barn feel underpowered (along with the trapping mechanic/inventory issue) to me.

Personally, I think the barn's work orders should work differently than they do. It's a barn, not a butcher shop.

That's less than 9 minutes per day. So you're actually faster than him, not slower.

I wasnt complaining, i was informing

Traps lasts 30 secs, but you can place a trap every 15 secs.
    Bring mob to 65% or so.
    Place trap.
    Place trap #2 15 secs later.
    Wait 5 secs for it to arm.
    Make sure mob is below 50% Health and drag it over both traps = 2 caged beasts.

You sir are my new favorite persone in the world... I have 8 lvl 3 barns.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I run barn and inn, and I'll be swapping out the inn once I do the quests. Honestly, just get some scavengers in your line up and ditch the lumber mill. Trading post maybe, but not for resources, for auctioneer and buying mats with resources. Or glad sanctum on PvP servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayro1 View Post
    It takes like 10-20 minutes to get a full days worth of cages, LOL. How is that frustrating? I was forced to go Inn due to no scavengers at all, now I have 4, and just made the Barn about 5 days ago give or take? obviously level 2.
    now if only those cages would stack...