Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Well, it's much more expensive than life in jail, an easy way out, state sanctioned killing, takes years to process, often leads to agonizing pain, and kills innocent people. Other than that I can't see any reason not to, it's all worth it just so he doesn't have the luxury of spending his life in jail.
    That's because of the US justice system. If you're willing to make a few mistakes it gets a whole lot cheaper. I'm in favor of the death penalty in extraordinary cases like the one OP posted. Not so much your every day murders, like a spouse killing a spouse.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I'm brazilian and I enjoy people's view on my country haha.

Anyway, there indeed is a 30 year max jailtime as our Constitution forbids both perpetual punishment and the death penalty (in line with multiple international human rights treaties that Brazil is part of).

Getting convicted for more time than that has implications on several benefits like parole, going for a brander (is that a word?) regime, etc.

However, if the person is found mentally ill he can stay in jail for pretty any amount of time as his release is tied to psychological evaluation.

And trust me, 30 years in one of our prisons is waaaay worse than a lifetime in one of yours.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

10+ Year Old Account
    30 years in a Brazilian prison while having murdered 41 people including children. He will be lucky if he is still alive once that sentence ends.

Deleted
    It's Brazil, the law is optional. Since he's not some mob boss, his ass is already in the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    I'm pretty sure it doesn't work like that, you probably remember Breivik? Well he only got 21 years, will he ever get out of jail? No, there are ways to keep people in jail for the rest of their life even with a max sentence of 21 years.
    Doesn't happen that way in south American countries, he will be out in 30 or less. And to all those thinking he will be killed in prison, unfortunately he won't be. This isn't the movies, he'll most likely survive and we will hear about him murdering more people 30-40 years from now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Litter View Post
    It's Brazil, the law is optional. Since he's not some mob boss, his ass is already in the ground.
    Keep dreaming, this isn't a movie. I would bet my life savings that he survives the 30 years.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    I'm pretty sure it doesn't work like that, you probably remember Breivik? Well he only got 21 years, will he ever get out of jail? No, there are ways to keep people in jail for the rest of their life even with a max sentence of 21 years.
    Yeah, thought maybe Brazil was similar but guess not.. If he's alive after 30 years in prison there they could always just send him to a mental institution though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Oh crap...targeted mostly white women. Feminists inc.
    Targeted Mostly white people, incoming grief from none whites about it being racist that he only killed whites.

Seriously though, He Killed a Child. I suspect whilst his prison term may only be 30 years, the chances of him lasting that long after killing a child is at best, slim to none. Normally I don't agree with prison justice but in the case of child killers, then I am perfectly happy to know that at some point he will be dealt with.

Deleted
    He was going for the Nemesis title !
    He wont live to see his next birthday in Brazilian prisons

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    and why do you think he did that?
    Because he's a deranged lunatic maybe?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Answering the question: 30 is the limit. João Acácio Pereira da Costa (best know as "bandido da luz vermelha", red light bandit - same nickname as an american serial killer) was convicted to 351 year, 9 months and 3 days of prison (4 murderers, 7 murder attempts and 77 robberies). He walked free after 30 years of prison (he was killed later, in a bar fight).

On the topic: Since this guy murdered children if he goes to jail (which he is going to, unless he pleas insanity), he will get murdered there pretty quickly.

Deleted
    Feminism vs political correctness who will win!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    Feminism vs political correctness who will win!
    Black guy murdering white females, SJW's greatest moral dilemma in history.

Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    On the topic: Since this guy murdered children if he goes to jail (which he is going to, unless he pleas insanity), he will get murdered there pretty quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreiBD View Post
    He wont live to see his next birthday in Brazilian prisons

Either of you want to put some money on that? Because I would be happy to take that bet. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this is not like the movies. The other prisoners don't have some crazy vendetta against baby killers or mass murderers. You forget, they are also rapists, pedophiles, murderers.

Like I said, I'm happy to put my money where my mouth is, are you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luis_Garavito

raped, tortured, and murdered hundreds of children, has been in Colombian prison for 15 years, still not dead yet. He'll be out in 7 more.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedro_L...rial_killer%29

Killed supposedly 300 people, served 20 years in prison, surprise! he wasn't murdered by the inmate justice squad. He's already out living free amongst the rest of us.

I know we all want to believe that there will be justice for these animals, but the reality is that there just isn't. There is no magic crew of vengeful inmates who kill off serial killers and child killers. That's in the movies, that's not in real life.
    Last edited by Beat5beat; 2014-12-12 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zurtle View Post
    Either of you want to put some money on that? Because I would be happy to take that bet. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this is not like the movies. The other prisoners don't have some crazy vendetta against baby killers or mass murderers. You forget, they are also rapists, pedophiles, murderers.

I assume you are not from Brazil =)
    Last week there was a robbery in a hotel, one of the robbers raped a maid who was working there. When they arrested the robbers they informed the police that the raper was dead, his body was found this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    I assume you are not from Brazil =)
    You assume incorrectly. I even currently have family living in Brazil.

News is a business, you see what they think will make the most money, doesn't make it reality to what happens to most criminals.
    Is there a random case every now and there where some prison justice is dealt out? Sure, but it's far far far far far less than the media and movies would have you believe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luis_Garavito

raped, tortured, and murdered hundreds of children, has been in Colombian prison for 15 years, still not dead yet. He'll be out in 7 more.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedro_L...rial_killer%29

Killed supposedly 300 people, served 20 years in prison, surprise! he wasn't murdered by the inmate justice squad. He's already out living free amongst the rest of us.

I know we all want to believe that there will be justice for these animals, but the reality is that there just isn't. There is no magic crew of vengeful inmates who kill off serial killers and child killers. That's in the movies, that's not in real life.
    I'd link you a video of some prisoners getting beheaded that raped and/or killed children in brazil prison by inmates but that would be too graphic for this site and I don't want an infraction from the mods. You can google it yourself though. A lot of things happen during prison riots.

In Brazil the limit is 30 years in jail however you only need to stay 1/6 of the time that you were condemned to be able to leave prison for the whole day to work and go back at night only to sleep, it's called "Regime Semi-Aberto". So if he stays in jail for 5 years he can use the "Regime Semi-Aberto" and simply escape. They don't use that thing in their leg to track them.

So yes, after 5 years he can easily escape with no problem. Isn't it nice to have left parties ruling this country for more than 26 years?

You assume incorrectly. I even currently have family living in Brazil.

News is a business, you see what they think will make the most money, doesn't make it reality to what happens to most criminals.
    Is there a random case every now and there where some prison justice is dealt out? Sure, but it's far far far far far less than the media and movies would have you believe.
    Have you ever seen Drauzio Varella's enterview on Roda Viva? He talks about the "justice" system running on the jails he worked as a doctor. While I don't see this guy being murdered in prison due to his murders on the white women, crimes against children are not well seen there.

Quote Originally Posted by draganid View Post
    does anyone remember hearing about the guy who went to jail for molesting kids in brazil and he got gang raped by like 20 guys? then after the prison doctor stitched his asshole back together they did it again? this guy probably wont be getting off easy just because its jail and not death sentence lol
    In most cases of rape and brutal crimes against children on Brazil, they throw these criminals on special prisons that only hold these type of people to avoid things like you described and some way more worst to happens to then. Probably the police will throw him on that prison in São Paulo that holds infamous and brutal criminals like the Nardoni couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    It this guy is telling the truth, that works out to just under 9 months per kill.

Brazilian criminal justice system, seems legit.

Though he'll probably get his head kicked 41 times by a group of larger inmates.
    Have a limit on the amount of years that a person can stay jailed on Brazil. If this guy said is really true, he will get 200+ years easily on paper. Let's hope that he will be proven be a real crazy or in 6 years after being a "good boy" he will be released...

But yes, our criminal justice system is a joke. And maybe never will be fixed since if start to works, 99% of our politicians will be arrested asap lol

PS: sorry for any english mistake

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bloody251 View Post
    In Brazil the limit is 30 years in jail however you only need to stay 1/6 of the time that you were condemned to be able to leave prison for the whole day to work and go back at night only to sleep, it's called "Regime Semi-Aberto". So if he stays in jail for 5 years he can use the "Regime Semi-Aberto" and simply escape. They don't use that thing in their leg to track them.

So yes, after 5 years he can easily escape with no problem. Isn't it nice to have left parties ruling this country for more than 26 years?
    Yes, I'm pretty sure they treat every criminal the same, regardless of the crime

Isn't it nice to have criminals actually contributing to society, instead of being a tax burden to everyone?