Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    Guys be honest. How could we possibly handle so many combo points anyway.
    Thank you for that reply. It honestly made my day better.

Deleted
    Whilst it's obvious that DFA is pretty bad, this was a bug, not an intended effect that just needed to be nerfed. Leaving a bug in the game purely to address balance issues is not only horrible practice from a software engineering perspective, it's a farcical game design idea, where the correct solution is to have the ability working as intended (which it now is), and then to increase its damage or update its effect to become competitive.

Fixing the bug is good, leaving the numbers uncompetitive is bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by nihna View Post
    DfA currently returns me 1 CP regardless of number of enemy targets hit.

It was nice while it lasted. Also displays how much they care about rogues to let it go live like that and remove it during mythic progression.
    When they were repeatedly asked by the theory crafting community how exactly it was supposed to work they said it was working as intended.

I for one will miss it because it substantially increased combat skill cap.

Ohh cry me a fucking river will you? Your class is still top dps anyway, want to whine? Get in line behind the idiotic warlocks who finally gets to feel what it
    has been like for shadow priests which has been on the lower charts for years.

Infracted: flaming.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2014-12-12 at 01:14 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syrith View Post
    shadow priests which has been on the lower charts for years.
    This made me lol =D if you can't see how stupid that statement is then I have some really bad news for you.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    Guys be honest. How could we possibly handle so many combo points anyway.
    OK, now i'm going slightly above the line, and i'll post a link only. Uber paint skills.

http://i.imgur.com/8g9Iaw9.jpg
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    It's over 9000!!

Deleted
    So this is my reaction to the ''nerf''.

... oh and, good thing it got fixed, this is actually a buff in disguise because the pressure of all those combo points was really taxing on my dumbass brains.

Deleted
    I genuinely think this talent is fun and interesting. I think there is room for some added complexity in our easy cycles. Even if it is as simple as utilizing anticipation to sit on 5cps/pool energy to use this ability on CD. I just wish it was worth it.

It looks cool. It feels cool. It has some small potential utility use in regards to gap closer and boss movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeruge View Post
    Whilst it's obvious that DFA is pretty bad, this was a bug, not an intended effect that just needed to be nerfed. Leaving a bug in the game purely to address balance issues is not only horrible practice from a software engineering perspective, it's a farcical game design idea, where the correct solution is to have the ability working as intended (which it now is), and then to increase its damage or update its effect to become competitive.

Fixing the bug is good, leaving the numbers uncompetitive is bad.
    Destruction warlocks execute granting 2 embers was a bug but decided leave it the way it is because it felt right and more fun. So I don't see the problem with keeping this bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Deleted
    Exactly, they created something fun by mistake. Let's make it into a feature and everyone is happy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aylie View Post
    Exactly, they created something fun by mistake. Let's make it into a feature and everyone is happy.

Wow, really cool picture. As a software engineer that often fixes "bugs", mind if I use it sometimes? ;-)

Deleted
    It's not mine sadly, but as a software engineer I couldn't help myself and I had to post it.

Deleted
    Blizz doesn't want talents to be only useful for one spec, that's why we were never allowed Cloak and Dagger to work during shadow dance as Sub. I'm not surprised this got fixed although I still would like to see some buffs to our 100 talents, they're extremely low impact.

Deleted
    Then make it work for all specs, I have no problem with that.

Deleted
    I've never played a warlock so I'm not sure of the background of that bug. For a game it is definitely less relevant in terms of effects, but I work with payment solutions and when there's a bug in those systems you know about it, and the humerous "Bug vs Feature" doesn't quite work xD

As I said I'm not sure of the background of the warlock bug, but I'd expect one of two things happened:

- Either 1) that's a simple case of someone pressed "2" instead of "1", or accidentally called a generateEmbers(1) function twice, so although that's not intended, it's an instance where there is no other solution to resolve it if it turns out to be good gameplay.
    - Or 2) The bug was fixed and the correct implementation was written, tested and applied without you even noticing.

With DFA I expect it to be a bit different because of the multiple components involved, so if it turns out that this is good gameplay and they want it back, it is highly likely that there is a better, cleaner way of implementing it than leaving CP generation in an unintentional place. You don't leave bugs in your code due to unintended beneficial side effects - you fix them and implement it properly.

FYI: I'm not arguing about DFA, it totally needs improving, I just like my code to work as I expected it to when I wrote it xD
    Last edited by mmocc85087d34c; 2014-12-12 at 03:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    Blizz doesn't want talents to be only useful for one spec, that's why we were never allowed Cloak and Dagger to work during shadow dance as Sub. I'm not surprised this got fixed although I still would like to see some buffs to our 100 talents, they're extremely low impact.
    They actually "fixed it" so hard for Sub that even if you are out of combat, but SD is still up (you killed a low-lvl mob quickly), CaD doesn't work till SD ends. Once again Blizzard proves that they are able to "hotfix" only the issues that are beneficial to the players in some regard. I mean, if DfA was bugged so it wouldn't grant you any CP from Ruthlessness, it would never have been fixed...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxic View Post
    Tbh I'm not fuzzed with the combo point nerf, but I'd rather see them nerf the energy used with it, for me it's just dreadful spending all your energy building CP's and then having to wait half a year to actually use DfA due to the energy cost it has.

Am I alone here?
    Im with u on that.

I think most finishers use too much energy. U spend such a looooooong time smashing the finisher button waiting for the energy regen.

Im pretty sure that once my Rogue has full heroic gear then the energy regen will be correct.... but hey not everyone is lucky enough to get bis gear!!!!!

Why the hell should 'casual' Rogues suffer from unplayable/frustrating class mechanics?

While nerfing it, did they happen to fix the bug where DfA randomly fizzles and does no damage? Haven't gotten my rogue to 100 yet, been monking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delano View Post
    While nerfing it, did they happen to fix the bug where DfA randomly fizzles and does no damage?
    I don't think so, sometimes on my Assassination Rogue when I use it it does the animation but yet I end up with 5 CP's on my target (single target) so I still think there is a bug where it deal no damage but also doesn't consume any CP's.

Blizzard doesnt want us to have anything coool........ DFA was a cool talent, now we got the 2 boring ones wooooo