Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Did you guys see this?

Sparkuggz is just not human, first at dps using destro lock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-B1XYV6fRI

Impressive, though hopefully Blizzard don't expect regular players to perform at that level in order to dish out decent damage as a warlock...

Well, it's still all relative. He is a great player playing amongst other great players and still managed to stand out.

Quote Originally Posted by frangeek View Post
    Sparkuggz is just not human, first at dps using destro lock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-B1XYV6fRI
    Part of it is that the kitties take double damage. Havoc cleave from boss onto kitties would make Destro do a lot of damage.

Deleted
    monks & kreps behind cause of going up, increased damage and 2 targets where u can cleave down to the boss.
    Thats a fight perfectly designed for destrolocks.
    even tho he have few ilvl more than everyone else at the time.

but sparkuggz is obviously one of the best pve locks out there, no doubt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Part of it is that the kitties take double damage. Havoc cleave from boss onto kitties would make Destro do a lot of damage.
    This. Crowd buff is good too.
    #SargerasIsComingToSaveUs

Keep in Mind that Sparkuggz had by far the best gear of all dps'er by quite a few item levels. Plus you get more damage on mythic with the cheering crowd, you can havoc like crazy and last but not least you have some dps killing the crowd the whole fight and therefore not showing in den damage meter quite high.

Yet we can all expect people to take this as evidence that our class is fine as it is.

Whats more telling is the warrior and hunter were pretty much equal at the end despite being thrown up and having that 3-5 seconds of no dps on either side etc.

Spark is of course a great lock. But he had (maybe still has) really better gear than the rest of the DPS. Just sayin'

- - - Updated - - -

Man I like this guy. He never moved out of the bombs! I tried that as well and after ~1mil smg taken healers started to be annoying and were bugging me :P
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    Spark is of course a great lock. But he had (maybe still has) really better gear than the rest of the DPS. Just sayin'
    This, and this is only one fight, and here he's able to really use and abuse the strengths of the spec, meanwhile other DPS are on various bitch duties and still he's only just marginally ahead of them.

Certainly a prime example of Warlocks being 'fine'.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    From my napkin maths/gut instinct were going to scale reasonably well as we gear, better than most classes I think, which means.. obviously we will start to climb back up the damage charts. This is the reason that were not getting any buffs at the moment, Blizzard are taking a longer term view than the start of the progression race in the first tier. I think this is a lesson they may have learnt from MoP and the way our spells work, which makes you wonder why the hell they ever let RoF into our single target rotation at the start of WoD, maybe I give them too much credit, or maybe someone really does see the way we will work going forward. Yes the play style is quite basic for affli and destro, which only has snipe havoc as a fun/distinguishing feature.

It’s unfortunate that locks are taking a bit of stick at the moment, my guild dropped down from 3 to 2 locks this week, people are losing raid spots because of this, which I think will be their long term loss. We are a bit low at the moment at the current average ilvl, but that will change as we gear (I think). I was in the crowd with the sky is falling group till recently, hell if I loose my raid spot this week I’ll be back in it, but maybe I can see some light coming in the distance for the class, I don’t think anything could get any worse?

Gratz to Sparkuggz and all the other locks out there putting in a shift to keep the class represented at the pointy end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dissidence View Post
    From my napkin maths/gut instinct were going to scale reasonably well as we gear, better than most classes I think, which means.. obviously we will start to climb back up the damage charts. This is the reason that were not getting any buffs at the moment, Blizzard are taking a longer term view than the start of the progression race in the first tier. I think this is a lesson they may have learnt from MoP and the way our spells work, which makes you wonder why the hell they ever let RoF into our single target rotation at the start of WoD, maybe I give them too much credit, or maybe someone really does see the way we will work going forward. Yes the play style is quite basic for affli and destro, which only has snipe havoc as a fun/distinguishing feature.

It’s unfortunate that locks are taking a bit of stick at the moment, my guild dropped down from 3 to 2 locks this week, people are losing raid spots because of this, which I think will be their long term loss. We are a bit low at the moment at the current average ilvl, but that will change as we gear (I think). I was in the crowd with the sky is falling group till recently, hell if I loose my raid spot this week I’ll be back in it, but maybe I can see some light coming in the distance for the class, I don’t think anything could get any worse?

Gratz to Sparkuggz and all the other locks out there putting in a shift to keep the class represented at the pointy end.
    The whole purpose behind the removal of "base damage" and scaling directly from Spell/Attack power was to prevent this kind of thing occuring. Further, there's likely only 2 tiers this expansion, which in turn lessens the impact of scaling further still. I'm just not buying it as an argument. Besides, how is anyone supposed to get the gear, if they can't get to the bosses because they're underperforming and losing their spots and holding their guild back in order to make up for it later, on farm, when it no longer matters?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Right! I somehow missed that, watched the video while I was going to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    Whats more telling is the warrior and hunter were pretty much equal at the end despite being thrown up and having that 3-5 seconds of no dps on either side etc.
    Indeed

I don't know the future of the class, but I do know that I'm going to keep playing as warlock and I will keep trying to improve myself as one!

Right, being 5-15 ilvls higher than most of their other raiders had nothing to do with it.

Insane the guys is a godlock

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    The whole purpose behind the removal of "base damage" and scaling directly from Spell/Attack power was to prevent this kind of thing occuring.
    I don't think this was ever going to work with the way our resources are generated and expended to deal our major attacks, they are influenced strongly with our secondary stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Further, there's likely only 2 tiers this expansion, which in turn lessens the impact of scaling further still. I'm just not buying it as an argument. Besides, how is anyone supposed to get the gear, if they can't get to the bosses because they're underperforming and losing their spots and holding their guild back in order to make up for it later, on farm, when it no longer matters?
    Yes it's going to be painful, depends if raid/guild leaders keep the faith in the players not the class I guess, as I say in my post, I'm not counting my raid spot as a given, working my ass off to be as competitve as possible, all we can do at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think this was ever going to work with the way our resources are generated and expended to deal our major attacks, they are influenced strongly with our secondary stats.
    We are really not the only class where that's the case. By this logic, there are a number of other specs that should be slow starters, that really aren't proving to be.

Deleted
    Think you all forgot sparkuggz itemlevel is 676 and he has copelands. his gear is flipping redicilous. 20% flat crit aswell. holy cow.

Quote Originally Posted by Apero View Post
    Keep in Mind that Sparkuggz had by far the best gear of all dps'er by quite a few item levels. Plus you get more damage on mythic with the cheering crowd, you can havoc like crazy and last but not least you have some dps killing the crowd the whole fight and therefore not showing in den damage meter quite high.
    Add in the ability to shadowburn the adds netting more embers and you have a fight that destro can work. A single fight.