Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    Yeah I have been slowly losing weight while gaining muscle for the last year or 2 (lost about 25-30kg) so far it just slowed down a lot and the drastic change in what I do now just maybe shocked my body so thats why I lost 3.5kg in 1 week. I have been trying to replace pepsi max with green tea as well.
    Just replace it with water, also what do you mean with green tea? real green tea you make yourself or bottled green tea which is not green tea at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Yuyuli View Post
    Just replace it with water, also what do you mean with green tea? real green tea you make yourself or bottled green tea which is not green tea at all?
    I already drink water if you couldn't read, I just enjoy drinking pepsi max as well since it's no calories and has no sugar unlike coke and normal pepsi etc etc, plus it didnt seem to effect my weight loss when I still drank it. The green tea is sachets from nutrition place where I get my protein powder and pre-workout you just add it to water and it has no sugar etc etc

You're not eating nearly enough, even for weight loss.

Quote Originally Posted by mashed94 View Post
    I'd be careful with how fast you lose weight. While cutting weight rapidly may help you achieve your goals in the short-term, slower weight-loss will help you more in sustaining a healthy lifestyle.

Also, I'd ditch soda completely. >Daily consumption of Diet Soda is linked to an increase in the likelihood of metabolic syndrome (36% ^) and type 2 diabetes (67% ^) when compared with non-consumption (Nettleton et al, 2009). Not only that, Soda's bad for your teeth. May as well fully commit to the healthy lifestyle
    At least post the full article if you are going to cherry pick information to conform to your own opinion

Diet Soda Intake and Risk of Incident Metabolic Syndrome and Type 2 Diabetes in the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis (MESA)*
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2660468/

"only high waist circumference (men ≥102 cm and women ≥88 cm) and high fasting glucose (≥100 mg/dl) were prospectively associated with diet soda consumption."
    The research was done on people who were already obese and suffering from health issues already and this has nothing to do with weight loss at all.

Op, just eat less, get some exercise and youll be fine.
    Last edited by xpose; 2014-12-29 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    The research was done on people who were already obese and suffering from health issues already and this has nothing to do with weight loss at all.
    So what if it doesn't relate to weight loss? The guy is trying to lose weight and, I assume, lead a healthier lifestyle. The research clearly shows the health implications of regular diet soda consumption.

Also, I can't post the full article because I've not posted enough. Unless, of course, you want to me copy and paste the entire thing.

If you want to relate diet soda to weight loss.. here's one example (among others) from an article by Qing Jang, titled "Gain weight by “going diet?” Artificial sweeteners and the neurobiology of sugar cravings";

"Several large scale prospective cohort studies found positive correlation between artificial sweetener use and weight gain. The San Antonio Heart Study examined 3,682 adults over a seven- to eight-year period in the 1980s [18]. When matched for initial body mass index (BMI), gender, ethnicity, and diet, drinkers of artificially sweetened beverages consistently had higher BMIs at the follow-up, with dose dependence on the amount of consumption. Average BMI gain was +1.01 kg/m2 for control and 1.78 kg/m2 for people in the third quartile for artificially sweetened beverage consumption."
    Last edited by mashed94; 2014-12-30 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mashed94 View Post
    The research clearly shows the health implications of regular diet soda consumption.
    No, it really doesn't. It's a big mixed bag of fairly shitty correlative epidemiological studies. For individual advice, these are about as close to useless as anything you can find. Anyone that's interested in finding counter-studies that say the opposite can easily find them. Without some mechanistic science behind the claims, I'm going to remain agnostic about the effects of diet beverages, as it's trivially easy to come up with explanations for the correlations.