Can Supermans X-Ray Vision Give You Cancer?

What the Title Says?

Deleted
    Superman?

More like Superbully!

Since I am relatively certain that Supes X-Ray vision does not use actual X-rays for it's ability to see through stuff, I would go with no. However I am also unsure exactly what method it does use, so the possibility always exists I guess.

Deleted
    still laughing !

Or better yet, can it give you SUPER cancer??

10+ Year Old Account
    guess its just called x-ray Vision but we cant be sure, since he's powered by the sun and stuff. but i doubt he'd use it on People if that were the case so i say "no". also there was never a mentioned case of someone getting cancer after being "looked at" by supe

EDIT:
    well only if SUPER Cancer gives you SUPER powers. then i wouldnt care probably, even if it kills me. having power for a short period of time could be worth the risks :>

Deleted
    super class action lawsuits inc...

10+ Year Old Account
    "Do you suffer from supercancer because Superman was secretly spying on you? Better call Saul!"

Deleted
    Unless his eyes can actually emit harmful amounts of radiation and he is standing sufficiently close to his victim then I would say no.

No. Because Superman is fiction. XD

But within the fiction it is explained that Superman is not projecting "x-rays" from his eyes. Rather Superman's senses and organs are heightened and acute enough to discern nearly all manner of energy. Which makes it seem like Superman can see through object as if looking at an X-ray photograph, or radiograph as it is actually called.

It's really that Superman can see electromagnetic fields. He isn't outputting xrays from his eyes to stop the robot bank robbers.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2014-12-12 at 03:30 PM.

After like a long time, depending on the intensity of the X-Rays.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    No. Because Superman is fiction. XD

But within the fiction it is explained that Superman is not projecting "x-rays" from his eyes. Rather Superman's senses and organs are heightened and acute enough to discern nearly all manner of energy. Which makes it seem like Superman can see through object as if looking at an X-ray photograph, or radiograph as it is actually called.

It's really that Superman can see electromagnetic fields. He isn't outputting xrays from his eyes to stop the robot bank robbers.
    This is the correct answer. Superman don't cause cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny115 View Post
    So it can't?
    No. Because Superman doesn't "shoot" x-rays out his eyes. He can see the electromagnetic spectrum- that's why Supes can see through Lois Lane's clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    No. Because Superman doesn't "shoot" x-rays out his eyes. He can see the electromagnetic spectrum- that's why Supes can see through Lois Lane's clothes.
    There still needs to be light with very short wavelengths for him to see through objects. Since our environment isn't saturated with lots of harmful UV, x-ray, gamma ray radiation because people don't constantly get cancer, I'd say superman must have to have incredibly sensitive eyes to be able to detect x-rays at such a low intensity.

If he didn't, he shouldn't be able to use his x-ray vision without making more x-rays.

EDIT: Additionally, there's a possibility superman sees more colors than we do, unless his color spectrum is elongated to fit what he can see.
    Last edited by JasonWuzHear; 2014-12-13 at 03:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonWuzHear View Post
    I'd say superman must have to have incredibly sensitive eyes to be able to detect x-rays at such a low intensity.
    He does have very senstitive eyes. Depending on the era and power level Superman is at- he can see the fabric of the universe itself. Like Spacetime, imaginary comic book forces, other realities, etc.

He is a Super-man in the truest sense.

Additionally, there's a possibility superman sees more colors than we do, unless his color spectrum is elongated to fit what he can see.
    Again, he does. For example in Grant Morrison's award winning and highly regarded All Star Superman, Superman can see "everything" all at once. This is represented as Superman looking into innumerable wavy lines, colors, abstract shapes, etc overlaid on the typical comic book page.

Me? No.......not me.

"first every girl i've ever met, now you!"

Do you work for the Nova Express?