Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Secondary Stat Priorities (Loot Council)

Hi, we are running a Loot Council in our guildraids. Seeing as there are even more people sharing gear pieces now due to the main stat switcharoodingelydoodaa on most main pieces, I've decided to try and make a basic list of all specc secondary stat priorities:

Class (Spec) : Priorities
    (Comment)

Warrior (Fury) : Crit > Multistrike > Mastery > Haste > Versatility
    Warrior (Arms) : Crit > Multistrike > Mastery > Haste > Versatility
    Warrior (Protection) : Bonus Armor > Mastery > Crit > Versatility > Haste > Multistrike
    Warrior (Gladiator) : Bonus Armor > Haste > Multistrike > Versatility ~= Mastery

Warlock (Destruction) : Crit > Mastery > Multistrike > Haste > Versatility
    Warlock (Demonology) : Mastery > Haste > Crit = Multistrike > Versatility
    Warlock (Affliction) : Mastery = Haste > Multistrike > Crit > Versatility

Shaman (Restoration) : Spirit > Mastery > Haste > Multistrike = Crit > Versatility
    Shaman (Enhancement) : Haste > Mastery > Multistrike > Versatility > Crit
    Shaman (Elemental) : Multistrike > Crit = Mastery > Haste > Versatility

Rogue (Subtlety) : Mastery = Multistrike > Crit = Versatility > Haste
    Rogue (Combat) : Haste > Multistrike > Versatility = Mastery > Crit
    Rogue (Assasination) : Mastery = Crit > Versatility = Multistrike > Haste

Priest (Shadow) : Haste > Multistrike > Crit > Versatility > Mastery
    Priest (Holy) : Spirit > Multistrike > Haste > Crit = Versatility> Mastery
    (Many renews: Mastery = Bad, Few Renews: Mastery = Multistrike, seem to be abit controversy whether crit or versatility is best)
    Priest (Discipline) : Spirit > Crit > Mastery > Haste > Multistrike > Versatility

Paladin (Retribution) : Mastery > Multistrike ~= Haste > Crit > Versatility
    Paladin (Protection) : Bonus Armor > Mastery > Versatility > Crit > Multistrike > Haste
    (Crit might be better if the specc is played with Seraphim instead of Holy Shield)
    Paladin (Holy) : Spirit > Crit > Haste = Mastery > Multistrike > Versatility

Monk (Windwalker) : Multistrike > Crit > Haste > Versatility > Mastery
    Monk (Mistweaver) : Spirit > Multistrike > Crit > Versatility > Haste > Mastery
    Monk (Brewmaster) : Bonus Armor > Mastery = Crit > Versatility = Multistrike > Haste

Mage (Frost) : Multistrike > Versatility = Crit > Mastery > Haste
    Mage (Fire) : Crit > Mastery > Multistrike = Haste > Versatility
    Mage (Arcane) : Mastery > MUltistrike = Haste > Crit > Versatility

Hunter (Survival) : Multistrike > Crit > Mastery > Versatility > Haste
    Hunter (Marksmanship) : Crit > Multistrike > Versatility > Haste > Mastery
    Hunter (Beast Mastery) : Multistrike > Crit = Mastery > Haste > Versatility

Druid (Restoration) : Spirit > Mastery > Haste > Multistrike > Crit > Versatility
    Druid (Guardian) : Bonus Armor > Mastery > Versatility > Multistrike > Haste > Crit
    Druid (Feral) : Crit > Mastery > Multistrike >= Versatility > Haste
    Druid (Balance) : Mastery >= Crit > Haste > Multistrike > Versatility

Death Knight (Unholy) : Multistrike > Mastery > Crit > Versatility > Haste
    Death Knight (Frost "DW") : Mastery > Multistrike > Versatility > Haste > Crit
    Death Knight (Frost "2-hand) : Multistrike > Versatility > Mastery > Haste > Crit
    Death Knight (Blood) : Bonus Armor > Mastery = Multistrike > Versatility > Haste > Crit

So what I'm asking is if there is any major flaws in the priorities that you can spot and point out.

Help is much appreciated, thanks i advance!
    Last edited by Libertiner; 2014-12-12 at 03:07 PM.

The latest theorycrafting I've seen says prot paladins who do a Seraphim build should like crit a whole lot more than versatility. Some people are saying that it outstrips mastery. But something with a higher item level will give you more strength and stamina so even if the secondaries are somewhat crappy the general recommendation is, unless you're losing a ton of bonus armor, go with the ilvl upgrade because STR/STA > all.

Deleted
    For most classes the secondary stats (except bonus armor or spirit) are within 0.1 points of each other meaning that, disregarding sockets, any ilvl upgrade is usually a big upgrade.

Also for MM Hunters Multistrike becomes better than crit at some point and for Fury Warriors Mastery eventually gets better than Multistrike.

There will be a point when gearing up when mastery pulls well ahead of crit, but at the moment they're pretty close.

Hey thanks for replying,
    I do understnd that a higher itemlvl usually equals a better piece. But as it is the start of raiding most of our people got similar item lvl gear. So it's just to make it easier to determine whether the Fury warr with a Mastery/haste 630 bracer or the Ret pala with Mastery/Multistrike 630 bracer should get the upgrade which gives crit/haste.
    (I would roll with the fury warr there)

I'll take a closer look at the protection paladin priority, thanks!

It looks like you got your shadow priest stats from how to priest and the ones you have are "averaged t17 bis" stuff. It looks like a hodgepodge of all talents averaged but really only one level 100 talent is viable.

ALL priests (pretty much) play with CoP now so the stat prio should be

Int = 1.0000
    Spell Power = 0.8820
    Crit = 0.5522
    Haste = 0.5796
    Mastery = 0.5210
    Multistrike = 0.5749
    Versatility = 0.4863
    DPS (Pure Damage) = 0.1572

So haste > MS > crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post

So haste > MS > crit.
    Thanks edited that in.

For ret paladins, the stat weights are highly dependent on the gear of that paladin. Any place posting stat weights recommend doing your own sims over what they post (if they have any self-respect). The only reason they post stat weights to begin with is to be as helpful as possible to those who don't want to/don't know how to do sims.

IE. For my paladin at the moment (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tsuharu/simple) stat weights are: Mastery > Haste > Multistrike > Crit > Vers.

For prot paladins it depends a lot on current gear and playstyle and talents. Gearing for crit as main stat is a viable way of playing prot. In your current list you are forcing prot paladins into playing with Holy Shield.

Deleted
    For holy paladins mastery is better than first thought, on a par with haste, based on actual overhealing numbers - http://holybouch.com/2014/12/07/upda...-with-scaling/

10+ Year Old Account
    Your brewmaster one is horrendously wrong. Haste is our absolute worst stat. The consensus in the brew community is that mastery is top after bonus armor, haste is worst, and the other 3 float depending on the fights. I personally have been running BA>mastery>vers=crit>MS>haste.

Hey MestHoop thanks for replying

I'm not gonna "force" anyone to use something, as I said this was a basic overview, so if the people I'm raiding with comes with a reasonable argument to why it's different I'll take that into account. This was, again, only to help me determine who should get gear. It was also to adjust things like this I posted it here, because I don't know everything about every class and I don't intend to try that

Good thing we don't have a prot paladin at the moment, but I'll keep a note for what's best with the different playstyles.

Thanks for replying

10+ Year Old Account
    Think your glad stance one is wrong too. They want BA>haste to some breakpoint>crit>more haste>everything else.

- - - Updated - - -

Blood dk wrong too. Blood wants MS after mastery.

Hey Chuupag

I'll look into the brewmaster thing.

I know the Gladiator is a little wrong (I play warrior mainly myself), but as the amount of haste needed for the breakpoint is so low, a glad warrior usually already have the needed haste. But thanks for point it out

Holypriest:
    - You missed multistrike in the list. It's our best secondary stat (after spirit of course).
    - Versatility is worse than crit by a long shot (unless you count the survival aspect of the stat).
    - The value of mastery is very much playstyle dependent; it's either right up there with multistrike (if you never use renew) or a total waste of itemization (if you use renew a lot). Classifying it is hard. It's high overheal tend to push it down on people's subjective rankings though, but this differs from person to person. Ask your guild holypriests!
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertiner View Post
    Hey Chuupag

I'll look into the brewmaster thing.

I know the Gladiator is a little wrong (I play warrior mainly myself), but as the amount of haste needed for the breakpoint is so low, a glad warrior usually already have the needed haste. But thanks for point it out
    For glad and blood I was mainly pointing out you didn't even have crit and ms on their respective lists.

- - - Updated - - -

Brew theorycrafter post

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Holypriest:
    - You missed multistrike in the list. It's our best secondary stat (after spirit of course).
    - Versatility is worse than crit by a long shot (unless you count the survival aspect of the stat).
    - The value of mastery is very much playstyle dependent; it's either right up there with multistrike (if you never use renew) or a total waste of itemization (if you use renew a lot). Classifying it is hard. It's high overheal tend to push it down on people's subjective rankings though, but this differs from person to person. Ask your guild holypriests!
    Thanks for the reply Danner, I must have missed Multistrike when I wrote it up, whoopsies. changed it a bit seeing as our holy priest tend to use renew a lot.
    (Took at look at our logs) But does that then mean crit is higher than mastery, as I set it now?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    For glad and blood I was mainly pointing out you didn't even have crit and ms on their respective lists.

- - - Updated - - -

Brew theorycrafter post
    Thanks mate was trying to find something like that, cheers! (btw also added Multistrike to DKs now (; )

Deleted
    Hi, we are running a Loot Council in our guildraids. Seeing as there are even more people sharing gear pieces now due to the main stat switcharoodingelydoodaa on most main pieces, I've decided to try and make a basic list of all specc secondary stat priorities:

Class (Spec) : Priorities
    (Comment)

Warrior (Fury) : Crit > Multistrike > Mastery > Haste > Versatility
    Warrior (Arms) : Crit > Multistrike > Mastery > Haste > Versatility
    Warrior (Protection) : Bonus Armor > Mastery > Crit > Versatility > Haste > Multistrike
    Warrior (Gladiator) : Bonus Armor > Haste > Multistrike > Versatility ~= Mastery

Warlock (Destruction) : Crit > Mastery > Multistrike > Haste > Versatility
    Warlock (Demonology) : Mastery > Haste > Crit = Multistrike > Versatility
    Warlock (Affliction) : Mastery = Haste > Multistrike > Crit > Versatility

Shaman (Restoration) : Spirit > Mastery > Haste > Multistrike = Crit > Versatility
    Shaman (Enhancement) : Haste > Mastery > Multistrike > Versatility > Crit
    Shaman (Elemental) : Multistrike > Crit = Mastery > Haste > Versatility

Rogue (Subtlety) : Mastery = Multistrike > Crit = Versatility > Haste
    Rogue (Combat) : Haste > Multistrike > Versatility = Mastery > Crit
    Rogue (Assasination) : Mastery = Crit > Versatility = Multistrike > Haste

Priest (Shadow) : Haste > Multistrike > Crit > Versatility > Mastery
    Priest (Holy) : Spirit > Multistrike > Haste > Crit > Mastery > Versatility
    (Many renews: Mastery = Bad, Few Renews: Mastery = Multistrike)
    Priest (Discipline) : Spirit > Crit > Mastery > Haste > Multistrike > Versatility

Paladin (Retribution) : Mastery > Multistrike ~= Haste > Crit > Versatility
    Paladin (Protection) : Bonus Armor > Mastery > Versatility > Crit > Multistrike > Haste
    (Crit might be better if the specc is played with Seraphim instead of Holy Shield)
    Paladin (Holy) : Spirit > Crit > Haste = Mastery > Multistrike > Versatility

Monk (Windwalker) : Multistrike > Crit > Haste > Versatility > Mastery
    Monk (Mistweaver) : Spirit > Multistrike > Crit > Versatility > Haste > Mastery
    Monk (Brewmaster) : Bonus Armor > Mastery = Crit > Versatility = Multistrike > Haste

Mage (Frost) : Multistrike > Versatility = Crit > Mastery > Haste
    Mage (Fire) : Crit > Mastery > Multistrike = Haste > Versatility
    Mage (Arcane) : Mastery > MUltistrike = Haste > Crit > Versatility

Hunter (Survival) : Multistrike > Crit > Mastery > Versatility > Haste
    Hunter (Marksmanship) : Crit > Multistrike > Versatility > Haste > Mastery
    Hunter (Beast Mastery) : Multistrike > Crit = Mastery > Haste > Versatility

Druid (Restoration) : Spirit > Mastery > Haste > Multistrike > Crit > Versatility
    Druid (Guardian) : Bonus Armor > Mastery > Versatility > Multistrike > Haste > Crit
    Druid (Feral) : Crit > Mastery > Multistrike >= Versatility > Haste
    Druid (Balance) : Mastery >= Crit > Haste > Multistrike > Versatility

Death Knight (Unholy) : Multistrike > Mastery > Crit > Versatility > Haste
    Death Knight (Frost "DW") : Mastery > Multistrike > Versatility > Haste > Crit
    Death Knight (Frost "2-hand) : Multistrike > Versatility > Mastery > Haste > Crit
    Death Knight (Blood) : Bonus Armor > Mastery = Multistrike > Versatility > Haste > Crit

So what I'm asking is if there is any major flaws in the priorities that you can spot and point out.

Help is much appreciated, thanks i advance!
    Holy priest entirely wrong, Spirit > Multistrike > Haste > Versatility > Crit > Mastery always in PvE.

Deleted
    The important thing to consider when it comes to Retribution Paladin stat priority is that it's very balanced for paladins, so while other classes might go "ugh, cloak has versatility on it, it's useless to me", pretty much any item is good for a paladin, the ilvl is FAR more important. A gear with crappy secondaries might be shit for a mage, but an item with crappy secondaries is not necessarily all that bad for a paladin, because the difference between even mastery and versatility is pretty small.

Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post
    Holy priest entirely wrong, Spirit > Multistrike > Haste > Versatility > Crit > Mastery always in PvE.
    I wasn't sure about the mastery thing, also why I asked into it on my reply to Danner.
    It also seem there is some disagree whether crit or versatility is better so I think I'll change that to be equal for now.
    Gonna have a chat with my holy priest sometime later.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    The important thing to consider when it comes to Retribution Paladin stat priority is that it's very balanced for paladins, so while other classes might go "ugh, cloak has versatility on it, it's useless to me", pretty much any item is good for a paladin, the ilvl is FAR more important. A gear with crappy secondaries might be shit for a mage, but an item with crappy secondaries is not necessarily all that bad for a paladin, because the difference between even mastery and versatility is pretty small.
    I also tend to agree that the one with the highest ilvl increase should get the item, this is just for the close call ones.
    But I'll keep this in mind when deciding, thanks for your reply!

Deleted
    This greatly depends on playstyle and if you're aiming for TMI, DTPS or DPS. ilvl > all currently as stated before however most common now is:

Bonus Armor > Crit == Versatility > Mastery > Multistrike > Haste