Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

highmaul kill order

Hey,
    so after 2 weeks* we finally managed to kill kargath normal with a avg ilvl of 633 across the group (highest 645, lowest 628) and the butcher was a B*TCH!

so my question is can we bypass butcher and go for bracken or tectus? im NOT! asking can we tactically/gear do it, im asking can we physically walk to them and attempt it or are they locked like LFR? as when we were there i didnt see the magic barriers but i thought i still come ask.

cant seem to find info on this anywhere (also the dungeon journal says tectus is 3rd but not in lfr?, feck up on blizzards side?).

*edited - sorry thoguh from expansion release.
    Last edited by mmocf38cb07386; 2014-12-12 at 09:16 PM.

Butcher, Tectus and Brackenspore are all optional, you don't need to do them at all. (Though you'll probably need the gear from them to do Ko'ragh/Imperator)
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri
    It's because of that thing you did that one time. We know. (source)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by greavous View Post
    Hey,
    so after a month
    A month?

But yeah, actually you can go directly to Twin Ogron if you guys want.

After Kargath you can do any boss except the last 2. (Butcher / Twins / Tectus / Brackenspore)

Not sure I get the "after a month" comment. The raid has been out less than 2 weeks.

Yes, you can do butcher, tectus or Bracken right now, or skip all three and do Twin Ogron.

Normal, difficulty-wise, I'd say it goes (from easiest to hardest) Kargath < Butcher < Twin Ogron < Bracken < Tectus <<Kor'Ragh <<<< Imperator

If your raid can dodge fire, there is little else to Ogron, so that is something you could do instead, I guess. But both Bracken and Tectus are more demanding as far as raid execution goes. If you're struggling on the Butcher, you're just going to be wasting your time on those two right now. Don't bother going to the last two bosses until you've got the first five down.

Deleted
    sorry ammended the OP, i was thinknig nov 13th when expansion released not 2nd for raid.

and no i wouldnt try the last 2 bosses, was just thinking on going to bracken rather than butcher as our team comp/ability may favor him over the butcher.
    Last edited by mmocf38cb07386; 2014-12-12 at 09:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    sorry ammended the OP, i was thinknig nov 13th when expansion released not 2nd for raid.

and no i wouldnt try the last 2 bosses, was just thinking on going to bracken rather than butcher as our team comp/ability may favor him over the butcher.
    From personal experience The Butcher is a lot simpler fight than Brackenspore. If you have trouble with him though, you should go clear Twin Ogron first. That shit is ridiculously easy.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    From personal experience The Butcher is a lot simpler fight than Brackenspore. If you have trouble with him though, you should go clear Twin Ogron first. That shit is ridiculously easy.
    thanks ill keep it in mind, im going to research the bosses and read out tactics to everyone and see what everyone thinks would be easiest for them.
    as you can guess we are casual raiders (probably extremly by the elitists standards) w edo take a lnog time to learn tactics, think we have 2-30 wipes on kargath before we killed him, too kalot of tactics changes and gearing/over gearing but it was done eventually.

im hoping to be on 6/7 normal by new year

The butcher is the DPS check boss. Give him a shot and see where you stand because once you can kill him, you know you have the gear to kill everyone else as well.

But to answer your question, yes, you can physically get to Brackenspore, Tectus, Twins even if you skip Butcher.

10+ Year Old Account
    For us, in order of easiest to hardest in normal/heroic was

Kargath > Brackenspore > Twins > Butcher > Tectus > Ko'Ragh > Imp

Depending on gear/skill, you may find Butcher to be easier than Brack because he takes less coordination to beat, he's more of a gear check.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

7+ Year Old Account
    im hoping to be on 6/7 normal by new year
    i know its probly not right of me, but i cringe when i see this.
    but best of luck in your endeavors

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawrzillasor View Post
    i know its probly not right of me, but i cringe when i see this.
    but best of luck in your endeavors
    you will stop cringing when you will got a job and a family

Brackenspore is the easiest mechanically after Kargath, but requires more raid DPS than Tectus or Twin Ogrons who have more forgiving enrages.

Quote Originally Posted by EvcRo View Post
    Implying you have to be bad at the game to be good in life.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    No. Ogrons are much harder than Butcher. If they stuggle with Bucther, they won't kill Twins for weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    No. Ogrons are much harder than Butcher. If they stuggle with Bucther, they won't kill Twins for weeks.
    I'm sticking to my word, Twin Ogron was retardedly easy. We wiped on him once (got him on 30%ish) because people stood in the fire. Then we got him down easily, because it's almost just that - don't stand in the fire.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

I have a job and a family, and I'm working on Mythic Ogron Twins progression. I raid 4 hours, 3 nights a week. A very small commitment. Don't try to insult other posters by accusing them of being jobless, family-less bums just because you're a sub-par player with a sub-par guild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    I have a job and a family, and I'm working on Mythic Ogron Twins progression. I raid 4 hours, 3 nights a week. A very small commitment. Don't try to insult other posters by accusing them of being jobless, family-less bums just because you're a sub-par player with a sub-par guild.
    how do you know what kind of player i am ? i laugh when i see superior attitude from "mythic" posters. stop cringing , you are ridiculous.

how do you know what kind of player i am ? i laugh when i see superior attitude from "mythic" posters. stop cringing , you are ridiculous.
    Because people who are actually good at the game don't need to talk about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know plenty of people who're raiding Mythic AND have a family and job..