Did they nerf drop rates from salvage crates?

I was getting a 665 BoE every day for the first few days (6 days) I had a level 3 salvage yard, but in the past week I haven't gotten a single one. Did they nerf drop rates from salvage crates?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercarcher View Post
    I was getting a 665 BoE every day for the first few days (6 days)
    You had insanely good luck. Most people I know haven't picked up any world epics from there. And those that have picked up anything haven't seen that many epics either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, basically everyone was constantly getting 665's out of crates.

Sarcasm.
    Last edited by foxHeart; 2014-12-12 at 11:56 PM.
    Look! Words!

Why pretend you are asking a real question when all you are doing is sticking out your tongue and going nah nah nah nah.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    Why pretend you are asking a real question when all you are doing is sticking out your tongue and going nah nah nah nah.
    What he said. Personally I don't even believe it. The odds of getting 6 epics in a row, while not impossible... let's just say you should have been buying lotto tickets that week instead.

Mmm, clearly it was intended that you get 665 BoEs every day and not incredible luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Mmm, clearly it was intended that you get 665 BoEs every day and not incredible luck.
    It wasn't just me. All my guildies that got it ASAP were getting quite a few 665s as well. We basically all had it by the beginning of the 2nd week of the expansion and it was dropping epics like candy, and not just 665s. I would get 4-5 level 60-90 epics every day, and I don't get them anymore either.

Deleted
    opened at least 15 boxes per day since exp launch and no epics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rerecros View Post
    opened at least 15 boxes per day since exp launch and no epics.
    Yeah same here, The most I've gotten was 2 610 blue staves. Other then that it's trash/greens
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

Lvl 100 day 2. Salvage yard before that, upgraded to lvl 3 asap, dling every poasible quest. Got the 1k quests completed last week and am well above that now. 0 epics, all of my followers are 645 or close to it with tons of leftovers so meh im fine with that

Quote Originally Posted by Mercarcher View Post
    I was getting a 665 BoE every day for the first few days (6 days) I had a level 3 salvage yard, but in the past week I haven't gotten a single one. Did they nerf drop rates from salvage crates?
    I don't this this is intended. You and the rest of the people who got a handful of boe epics out of salvage crates should have them taken away or the gold you made of them taken away. This won't happen of course. Mods should just remove this thread and get you for trolling because clearly that is what you are doing.

- - - Updated - - -

I've never seen epics drop from a salvage box and I've do a shit ton of missions daily. Didn't even know they could. Yes, I have lvl 3 salvage yard.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have had 4 drop from crates so far. And I do the Garrision of 5, lvl 100;s all with lvl 3 SY.

Yes they do drop but its not common and I have just reached the achievement One a Metric Ton of Missions. completed 1000 missions so far.
    A friend is not far off the same mission and has never had a boe from a crate.
    Another friend who is on around 300 missions got a 655 boe for the first time.

It can happen, its just real luck, rng. I wouldnt rely on it, but does happen.
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

Havent seen one for a week or two, got some really nice boes that booster my character wallet a lot the first week I installed the lvl 3 scrapyard.

Quote Originally Posted by tuesday the paladin View Post
    You had insanely good luck.
    We all thought those things cost 80k because no one knew they dropped out of every salvage crate.

I've opened a few hundred crates, never gotten anything better than an ivl 610 blue. It's very rare to get anything better.

According to wowhead, the easiest epics are at a 0.06% drop rate. If you got one every day, I'd say you have used up all your luck for this millennia.

Edit: Actually, it's less than that. The epics I saw on wowhead were ilvl 200
    Last edited by Danner; 2014-12-13 at 09:42 AM.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Ever since Blizzard fired their first shot in the War on Salavge Yards, nothing... NOTHING higher than a 615 has ever, ever dropped for me. At least I have a stable source of income for my ES.

Deleted
    Opening level 3 boxes on 3 chars now. Have yet to see one 665 epic to drop. Did see some epic follower items though.

Deleted
    my guildy had his 7th boe yesterday, i'm still at zero despite having 4 chars running missions/salvaging everyday... rng

And I thought I was lucky getting one last week out of a total of maybe 30 crates opened at my new level 3 yard