Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    And rightfully so.
    you sure? you killed any chance at a reasonable discussion about this. even after he reworded his post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smackyslap View Post
    you sure? you killed any chance at a reasonable discussion about this. even after he reworded his post.
    The op did it by proposing that shooting Poachers on sight in all of Africa could somehow help to catch organ thieves.

Its an old issue not really breaking news.

Deleted
    Yeah.....Humbugged is a fluent English speaker. It helps to know even the basics of who you defend. As it's a good way to prevent yourself from looking stupid in the future.
    Why would I know he's a fluent English speaker? Is that information present anywhere on his profile? It's actually much smarter to assume any given person isn't, since as I mentioned - this is a website with posters from many different backgrounds. Also realise that "poaching" perfectly conveys the essential message in as few words as possible. Most people will make the link from animal poaching for parts to it meaning the same thing in a human context, without him needing to write "murdered and harvested for body parts".

You're just being a spack prick, not to mention how sad you actually look right now. THIS IS THE IMPORTANT DEBATE GUYS. I'm out, it's 7.45am and I've finished breakfast. There are better things to be doing than dancing this dance with you.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2014-12-13 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smackyslap View Post
    Then we should close the thread, if that's the case. Or is phony concern over what could be easily rectified with a single post by those "outraged", too difficult?
    Last edited by Booshman; 2014-12-13 at 07:47 AM.

There's a reason even moderately intelligent people stress proper word usage. If you're too mentally lazy for it, then that's your own problem. Some of us have basic standards. I suggest you step your game up.
    Intelligent people stress attempting to understand what is being communicated, not bitching for 7 pages about word choice. It is important in that it makes it easier to communicate, but the communication was pretty fucking clear in this case.

I did the same thing if you don't know what "the same thing" actually means. Which pretty apparent.

And I suggest that you try to sound "tough" over the internet with the use of the word "fuck" in your suggestion, to someone else. Maybe some child on a PBS forums.
    You did the same thing in that you attacked somebody for using a label while then labeling them. In case you need more evidence of your hypocrism.

Wait...me not liking that someone incorrectly associated human victims of violence with being animals means that "I'm a Social Justice Retard". Do you have autism, or something?
    I suggest using the word 'autism' as an insult elsewhere, like a PBS forum or something!

Now, I'm going to stop arguing with you so that I will stop contributing to this derailment. Hopefully you can do the same.
    Last edited by v2prwsmb45yhuq3wj23vpjk; 2014-12-13 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Intelligent people stress attempting to understand what is being communicated, not bitching for 7 pages about word choice. It is important in that it makes it easier to communicate, but the communication was pretty fucking clear in this case.

You did the same thing in that you attacked somebody for using a label while then labeling them. In case you need more evidence of your hypocrism.

I suggest using the word 'autism' as an insult elsewhere, like a PBS forum or something!

Now, I'm going to stop arguing with you so that I will stop contributing to this derailment. Hopefully you can do the same.
    When you can figure out the difference between an inquiry over a medical condition and a direct command that involves low functioning profanity come back at me.

And rightfully so.
    Maybe you could just save everyone some time and make a list of demands so the Op can edit his posts, and other posters can post retractions to previous statements , so that at long last you can just #$%& off out of this thread.
    Every man is born as many men and dies as a single one

-Martin Heidegger

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Why would I know he's a fluent English speaker? Is that information present anywhere on his profile? It's actually much smarter to assume any given person isn't, since as I mentioned - this is a website with posters from many different backgrounds. Also realise that "poaching" perfectly conveys the essential message in as few words as possible. Most people will make the link from animal poaching for parts to it meaning the same thing in a human context, without him needing to write "murdered and harvested for body parts".

You're just being a spack prick, not to mention how sad you actually look right now. THIS IS THE IMPORTANT DEBATE GUYS. I'm out, it's 7.45am and I've finished breakfast. There are better things to be doing than dancing this dance with you.
    You could...you know...try using your head and come to that simple conclusion by merely reading a few of his posts. It's not hard to grasp how well someone speaks a language on an internet forums if it's foreign to them. Basic thinking. Try it sometime.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Intelligent people stress attempting to understand what is being communicated
    Shhh! Don't blow his mind. If it's not perfect English it's basically gibberish. How could anyone understand poaching to mean harvesting humans for parts, when you use it in a human context rather than an animal one? It must mean the humans are animals and you're a secret bigot?? TAKE EVERYTHING LITERALLY.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGuvna View Post
    They probably wouldn't poach if they had other options. People do horrible things when desperate.
    People do horrible things for lots of reasons and even when they have absolutely no need to do them out of religious, political, egoistic or any other motivation. Why is there always someone trying to excuse this kind of behavior?

Everyone needs to calm their hate boners take a moment and come back without having to insult every poster that doesn't agree with you this is silly.

Deleted
    You could...you know...try using your head and come to that simple conclusion by merely reading a few of his posts. It's not hard to grasp how well someone speaks a language on an internet forums if it's foreign to them. Basic thinking. Try it sometime.
    You're a spastic prick. I'm not going to waste my time anymore trying anything with you. Later, bitchtits.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2014-12-13 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    You're a spastic prick. I'm not going to waste my time anymore trying anything with you. Later, bitchtits.
    And you can barely articulate yourself better than a sloppy drunk, or a cliched angsty teenager, in the face of someone who scoffs at empty internet 4chan insults. That's why you aren't going to "waste time anymore". Maybe say "spastic prick" one more time. That might work.

No? Oh well. Have a good one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    People do horrible things for lots of reasons and even when they have absolutely no need to do them out of religious, political, egoistic or any other motivation. Why is there always someone trying to excuse this kind of behavior?
    Both the perpetrators of barbaric acts and their apologists are terrible people, imo.
    Last edited by Booshman; 2014-12-13 at 08:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    See the post below yours, and soak in why your cheerleading is both empty and has actually failed.

Um nope, not at all. You are just regurgitating your same old diatribe. good try though.

Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    Um nope, not at all. You are just regurgitating your same old diatribe. good try though.
    And since Davillage repeated the same exact point I made earlier, that would make your cheerleading over Humbugged's false claim pointless. Unless you were TRYING to be wrong. Then carry on.

But doubt you were, so stop with the goofy posturing and try reading more of the thread before you post in it.

And now this entire thread has gone to hell cuz of two trolls who are derailing this thread. Just report them for verbal abuse and derailing and carry on with discussing this thread.

Oh ya. Because this thread would have definitely contained an overall better conversation and series of comments. Unlike damn near every other thread over the years about Africa/black people/women/Arabs/Muslims/LGBT/something-not-about-straight-white-males on these boards which are riddled with insults.

No. This would have been the one to break the trend without the "derailment".

Oh ya. Because this thread would have definitely contained an overall better conversation and series of comments. Unlike damn near every other thread over the years about Africa/black people/women/Arabs/Muslims/LGBT/something-not-about-straight-white-males on these boards which are riddled with insults.

No. This would have been the one to break the trend without the "derailment".
    If you never expected this thread to lead to a productive discussion then why even take part in it?

Strawmanning your way to victory is a piss-poor tactic. And neither of your examples are called poaching. Which was the OP's incorrect terminology.
    Poaching has more meanings than the definition which supports the legal terminology for animal poaching.
    The term can also be used as an act for obtaining of appropriating something illegally, secretively or unfairly.

I'd imagine If you are obtaining body parts of an albino it will be done in a unfair, secretive, illegal manor or a combination of the three.

That being said words are something that evolve over time and as such even if you disagree with me over the current definition, I think its an apt use of the word especially as we are referring to the context of someone harvesting body parts.
    I think this point is strengthened that the terminology is also being used for plants and fossils and most likely other areas of illegal trade.

I think it was clear what the op was getting at, and unnecessary for your comments as it only derailed the thread and wasn't constructive.

What makes matters even worse you twisted the clear intentions of his words in an attempt to discredit him.

I'm not interested in going back and forth discussing this topic any further I just wanted to point out a few things to consider.

Africa, why can't you fix yourself?