Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Resto still needs a buff.

The other day, when a few buffs and nerfs were rolled out, resto got a ~3.5% buff to direct healing, but it was clearly not enough. Looking over the numbers that healers have been putting out on Heroic (the vast majority of the raiding player base hasn't moved into mythic beyond maybe kargath, yet), the shaman class representation is abysmal.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...s&difficulty=4

Out of all the top 10 ranks on all the heroic fights (70 spots up for grabs), we have _one_ shaman sitting in 10th place on Impregnator HC. That is a ~1.42% shaman representation on the leader boards. Not good enough.

Thread updated, links to average parses are in post #7, the numbers don't lie.
    Last edited by mmoc1ea225bcc9; 2014-12-13 at 04:27 PM.

who cares where they rank. theyre fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigga93 View Post
    who cares where they rank. theyre fine.
    Not taking the bait

The number of top ranks (which are by definition outliers) is not a good way to judge balance.

But we are basically dead last in median HPS on every fight of Heroic and Mythic where logs are available, so, yeah.

Deleted
    Hard to say if we are not on top because our healing spells sucks. Maybe no one is playing shaman atm because we suck in every other aspects ? I'm good with my resto right now. For sure, we need some bufs/mechanics change here and here but remember that everything depends on players.

Top rankings aren't a good indicator of anything for any spec. It's less about personal skill and more about having a raid that's just bad enough to take a lot of unnecessary damage (but not enough to wipe) and a healing team where others are making sure no one dies but leaving the bulk HPSing to you (so you can pad meters without having to waste mana on quick spot heals).

And I say that on someone who used to make a sport out of ranking on every fight (and did so successfully). It's a fun game, but it says absolutely nothing about your class or your personal skills at anything other than meter-padding.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    Top rankings aren't a good indicator of anything for any spec. It's less about personal skill and more about having a raid that's just bad enough to take a lot of unnecessary damage (but not enough to wipe) and a healing team where others are making sure no one dies but leaving the bulk HPSing to you (so you can pad meters without having to waste mana on quick spot heals).

And I say that on someone who used to make a sport out of ranking on every fight (and did so successfully). It's a fun game, but it says absolutely nothing about your class or your personal skills at anything other than meter-padding.
    I disagree, sure there are circumstances that warrant questioning the logs, but when the average throughput of shamans on recorded kills fall shorter than other healers, something must be up, there aren't any global conspiracies at play here.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/6#metric=hps <- Mythic - All bosses, across the board.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...s&difficulty=4 <- HC - All bosses, across the board.

Individual bosses:

Kargath HC: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...ty=4&boss=1721
    Butcher HC: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...ty=4&boss=1706 (woot for beating MWs)
    Brackenspore HC: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...ty=4&boss=1720 (woot for beating Hpriests, gimmick healer fight tho)
    Tectus HC: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...ty=4&boss=1722
    Twins HC: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...ty=4&boss=1719
    Ko'ragh HC: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...ty=4&boss=1723
    Impregnator: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...ty=4&boss=1705

Only a handful of mythic parses available, but on the few there are, we still show up on the bottom.

TL;DR The numbers speak for themselves, as much as the top 10s are possibly 'padded', the averages are impossible to manipulate at this stage. We DO need buffs.

IMHO a resto shaman is still the "hardest" class to heal. Using the right spell in the right Situation and also using our CDs wisely, makes this class harder to Play than the other healers (just my personal opinion!)
    I think, tough, that our biggest Problem is still our Chain-heal, which isn't where it should be. I think we could use a buff right there.
    In order to get Chain-heal to full Efficiency, you will Need to have riptide up on target, as well as on others, including the Talent High-Tide and chaining glyph. And with the right Timing u can get the Maximum out of that mana-eating-spell.
    Chain-heal is still our "strongest" spell, but atm it's just not fully efficient.

I do enjoy it a lot though, cos a shaman is more versatile than just e.g. "shielding ppl" or "spamming the same heal over and over".
    I did feel the buff a lil bit, so I guess we are getting there - however we aren't completely "there yet"

Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz View Post
    I disagree, sure there are circumstances that warrant questioning the logs, but when the average throughput of shamans on recorded kills fall shorter than other healers, something must be up, there aren't any global conspiracies at play here.
    I agree that the average class rankings are interesting; I'm just saying that the top logs are not, and those are the ones you linked at first.

Based on the average logs, resto does seem to need a 5-10% buff.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

The buff was very slight, the removal of smart heals hurts more shamans than others.

And if i use chain heal i find myself overhealing a lot.

Deleted
    I don't know how much more buffing us can do. I think that just buffing our restorative waves by 5% (or whatever that is called) wasn't enough. This is only a tiny buff to Healing Wave, Healing Surge and Chain Heal.
    Depending on the fight, and how much I need to move/other people are taking damage the healing meters can look very different. I assume this is mostly due to a lot of RNG added to healers.
    As soon as other healers start to go oom, or even worse: dying, I start climbing up the meters like a monkey, whilst mostly keeping the raid alive.
    I feel like we're not so much the raw output class anymore, but play more of a supporting role. My cooldowns are rarely included in any rotation, purely because tranq's, Divine Hymns and devotion aura's seem much stronger and more reliable.

As far as us needing a buff I do feel like we need one, but things are not a abysmal as you think. Im doing fine in our mythic runs comparable to our other healers. My upfront healing is not as great as everyone else but my CDs keep the raid alive and save other healers mana. Its not about our output, its nice to have output like some of the other healers but we have more cds and tools at our disposal then most others. And if we had the same numbers as other heals plus our cds I feel like we would be broken, but i feel like we are not in as terrible place as people say also.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyr84 View Post
    As far as us needing a buff I do feel like we need one, but things are not a abysmal as you think. Im doing fine in our mythic runs comparable to our other healers. My upfront healing is not as great as everyone else but my CDs keep the raid alive and save other healers mana. Its not about our output, its nice to have output like some of the other healers but we have more cds and tools at our disposal then most others. And if we had the same numbers as other heals plus our cds I feel like we would be broken, but i feel like we are not in as terrible place as people say also.
    I'm not in mythic just yet, but I am performing acceptably, especially on fights where the raid is stacked up a bit. However, tens of thousands of parses hold a lot more value to them, than however you or I can perform.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariandra View Post
    I don't know how much more buffing us can do. I think that just buffing our restorative waves by 5% (or whatever that is called) wasn't enough. This is only a tiny buff to Healing Wave, Healing Surge and Chain Heal.
    Depending on the fight, and how much I need to move/other people are taking damage the healing meters can look very different. I assume this is mostly due to a lot of RNG added to healers.
    As soon as other healers start to go oom, or even worse: dying, I start climbing up the meters like a monkey, whilst mostly keeping the raid alive.
    I feel like we're not so much the raw output class anymore, but play more of a supporting role. My cooldowns are rarely included in any rotation, purely because tranq's, Divine Hymns and devotion aura's seem much stronger and more reliable.
    The feeling that I get from blizzard right now, is that they've balanced us around our 2 and 4 set tier 17 bonuses, which will in fact make our healing absolutely explode, but foundry is still 6 weeks away, and at the moment we're just that extra class that is brought just because the player behind is decent, or other healers weren't available.
    Last edited by mmoc1ea225bcc9; 2014-12-14 at 09:37 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz View Post
    The feeling that I get from blizzard right now, is that they've balanced us around our 2 and 4 set tier 17 bonuses, which will in fact make our healing absolutely explode, but foundry is still 6 weeks away, and at the moment we're just that extra class that is brought just because the player behind is decent, or other healers weren't available.

You know this, but still want a buff?
    You cared enough to post.

I'd say we need another 15%/20% overall buff to everything to be brought to level with priests. Although maybe they should instead nerf PW:S and everything monk and we might be on par with most healers.

I wonder how much of a heal increase it would be if Healing Rain benefited from Unleash Life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    Please don't post in all colored text or custom fonts, as it's distracting and disruptive to the conversation. We give the tools of color and font to be used as accents, but they are not meant to be used for the complete post text.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do agree that we could use a slight buff up until we get our set bonuses I suppose. The problem is, up until then it's pretty difficult to prove myself.
    Sure, I haven't played Shaman until after BC, only to start a new one in WoD, but I'm not doing too much wrong (as much as I know). Up until then, I played a Holy Priest.

The thing I do notice is that right now I have no manner to compete against druid at all. Paladin... Or at least 'our' paladin, I'm usually on the same numbers.
    Right now I'd like a bit more raw output, but in general I'm not complaining. I can still heal, I'm at least not as useless as an Ele is in PvP.
    It's a shame that Shadowlands killed PvE twinking. Still I enjoy the game.
    Endgame: Main, Alt

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is scared of buffing Restoration due to not wanting a repeat of Season 11 where you'd top everybody off in a single Healing Surge due to mastery vs. health scaling so they're most likely looking for ways of buffing the PvE side of things while not touching the PvP side.
    Last edited by Blithe; 2014-12-15 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blithe View Post
    Blizzard is scared of buffing Restoration due to not wanting a repeat of Season 11 where you'd top everybody off in a single Healing Surge due to mastery vs. health scaling so they're most likely looking for ways of buffing the PvE side of things while not touching the PvP side.
    Easy fix to that - allow unleash life to interact with healing rain again. It's fairly pitiful already, and shaman AOE healing is probably (currently) the weakest thing I've seen (playing one as an alt in our split raids and watching our main shammy). It's sort of sad how shamans used to be the kings of stacked AOE healing, but now HR ticks for less than 1% of a fourth of the raid's HP.

Wouldn't affect PvP (one, it'd be easy to counter by just moving out of the zone, two, using UL on healing rain means you can't use it on a singletarget hard-hitting spell instead).