Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

My problem with Ashran...

...is that the queue takes so long I get bored or fall asleep before it pops.

blizzard plz

There shouldn't be shorter DPS queues for LFR than for ashran. I really hope they decide to increase how many people can be in the zone at once, it was fine to start with, then they capped it and now it takes forever to get in so most people I know have given up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    ...is that the queue takes so long I get bored or fall asleep before it pops.

blizzard plz

There shouldn't be shorter DPS queues for LFR than for ashran. I really hope they decide to increase how many people can be in the zone at once, it was fine to start with, then they capped it and now it takes forever to get in so most people I know have given up on it.
    ehehehehheeh they cannot do shit with it, bcs its not instanced (you could run multiple instances) but normal zone (realmbased) so you can only allow 300 ppl here not more else "world server down" enjoy shit design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madus View Post
    ehehehehheeh they cannot do shit with it, bcs its not instanced (you could run multiple instances) but normal zone (realmbased) so you can only allow 300 ppl here not more else "world server down" enjoy shit design.
    When WoD first came out, it wasn't like that. They reduced how many people could be in after a week or two, then the queues got bad. Never had a problem with it crashing before the change or after. It didn't do anything but add a queue and help people playing on graphing calculators get a better framerate.

Deleted
    my problem with Ashran is that it exists.

seriously the queue times are a joke, i can only play a few hours most days, usually at least a 3 hour queue....

Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    When WoD first came out, it wasn't like that. They reduced how many people could be in after a week or two, then the queues got bad. Never had a problem with it crashing before the change or after. It didn't do anything but add a queue and help people playing on graphing calculators get a better framerate.
    Bcs avg joe didnt have lvl 100 . They reduced ppl bcs its crashed zone servers . Realms have usually over 10k+ people mains, now imagine that like half wanna go trashran, now reduce zone amount to 300 and do it for every realm... gg 3hours ques

Don't stand there like a lost puppy waiting to be fed, go out and do something else. I queue for Ashran and then instantly join a bg. You might get lucky in the bg and get the queue to pop or you will have to wait until you are on your 4th or something. Maybe even gamble and join an instance, It's 100% better than standing there doing nothing. I think after about 20min of queue I changed to the mentality that I will rarely get into Ashran just so I was not in a constant state of grumpy. Make it a rare pleasant surprise to look forward to instead of a reason to qq(qq semi-legit tho)

They simply need to give up on this "your server matters" nonsense and create more instances.

I got into Ashran today at 5:00. I started queueing in the Edwardian period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    They need to make Ashran more akin to a BG and allow more instances to be launched. Because I am doing PvP in a PvP oriented guild, Ashran is tied to my character progression, since I need 200 Conquest Points every week to be able to hit the weekly cap. It's just a terrible idea to force Ashran onto PvPers to begin with (PvPers will go to Ashran regardless, so why make it even more mandatory?), but if we have to deal with it then I expect to be able to get into the zone in a reasonable amount of time. 1-3 hour long queues are unacceptable and it just makes Ashran more cumbersome than it's worth.

Deleted
    ashran is shit.
    brian holinka wants his baby to be succesful wen its hated more than justin bieber
    FUCK ASHRAN

Our sever never wins trashran so I never get a chance for conquest gear

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    Don't stand there like a lost puppy waiting to be fed, go out and do something else. I queue for Ashran and then instantly join a bg. You might get lucky in the bg and get the queue to pop or you will have to wait until you are on your 4th or something. Maybe even gamble and join an instance, It's 100% better than standing there doing nothing. I think after about 20min of queue I changed to the mentality that I will rarely get into Ashran just so I was not in a constant state of grumpy. Make it a rare pleasant surprise to look forward to instead of a reason to qq(qq semi-legit tho)
    If you only get 2-3 hours of play per day, it's obviously retarded to have a main feature of an expansion that has a 2-3 hours queue. Fucking beyond retarded...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure nobody does that, nor does that excuse the excessively long queue times it has anyway.

Agreed. Had a 6.5 hour queue today. Gladiator Sanctum be damned...

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck assram. Whichever idiot thought of this garbage should be looking for a new job.

- - - Updated - - -

Wtf am I supposed to do bg for when already full geared? The only reason most do assram is because they HAVE TO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh they combined to many servers queue's are insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really not a fan of Ashran at all. To be completely honest, I haven't even really figured it all out yet. The only reason I've gone in thus far is in order to cap my conquest the past two weeks after doing arenas, and it just does not seem like much fun to me.

It's awesome that they put the ability to join a friend's Ashran by being in their party, but it's not working right at all. Last week, I joined a party with my husband to transfer my toon over to his server's Ashran only to find that it caused massive FPS problems on my computer, putting me down to 0-3 FPS when I was near the zerg. I went looking on the internet and discovered it was most likely due to something being wrong with the cross server. This week, I joined his party and waited in queue for quite some time before I finally said...let's try my server. We were able to get in without much issue on my server, but he then experienced the same issues I had the week before with his FPS dropping to unplayable levels.

I haven't figured out how to get conquest yet besides killing the opposite faction's boss or mini-bosses, or doing the side events. Is there some other way I'm missing? If I hadn't done the quests last week I would never have capped...this week was a fluke with my faction being able to kill the boss when we had Fangraal up and were nearing the base and instead of defending, 3/4 of the Horde took off to do a side event. Otherwise it just seems like a never-ending back and forth so long as one faction has their mini-boss up.

Finding it infuriating that if we want to reach full conquest cap, we have to do Ashran. Personally, I found Wintergrasp and Tol Barad to be better than this place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    I'm really not a fan of Ashran at all. To be completely honest, I haven't even really figured it all out yet. The only reason I've gone in thus far is in order to cap my conquest the past two weeks after doing arenas, and it just does not seem like much fun to me.

It's awesome that they put the ability to join a friend's Ashran by being in their party, but it's not working right at all. Last week, I joined a party with my husband to transfer my toon over to his server's Ashran only to find that it caused massive FPS problems on my computer, putting me down to 0-3 FPS when I was near the zerg. I went looking on the internet and discovered it was most likely due to something being wrong with the cross server. This week, I joined his party and waited in queue for quite some time before I finally said...let's try my server. We were able to get in without much issue on my server, but he then experienced the same issues I had the week before with his FPS dropping to unplayable levels.

I haven't figured out how to get conquest yet besides killing the opposite faction's boss or mini-bosses, or doing the side events. Is there some other way I'm missing? If I hadn't done the quests last week I would never have capped...this week was a fluke with my faction being able to kill the boss when we had Fangraal up and were nearing the base and instead of defending, 3/4 of the Horde took off to do a side event. Otherwise it just seems like a never-ending back and forth so long as one faction has their mini-boss up.

Finding it infuriating that if we want to reach full conquest cap, we have to do Ashran. Personally, I found Wintergrasp and Tol Barad to be better than this place.
    Yeah it's pretty much a huge group fight that "ends" when you kill the enemy leader. By ends I mean you run back to the previous cap point, re-cap it while the enemy leader respawns (it takes something like 30 seconds) and you push again. Most of the time it's either one side getting base camped or just a big fight in the middle with huge pve minibosses that one shot people if they aren't tanked and who run back and forth in a very annoying manner.

To my knowledge, killing the enemy boss is the only way to finish capping your conquest, which is completely ridiculous. If you could get in without sitting in a 6 hour queue it wouldn't be bad, but when I queue, do 3 battlegrounds and a couple dozen skirmishes and still don't get in, that's asinine. They either need to fix ashran or remove the conquest requirement from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't stand there like a lost puppy waiting to be fed, go out and do something else.
    Or

or

ORRR

and just stick with me for a moment here

we could have used beta testing for more than forts and follower pokemon. we're paying to beta test right now lol. it's why we always have the same CM for like 3 days in a row and classes are getting hit with drastic changes. because forts and pokemon were more important than delivering a quality product to us.

this expansion is so shit lol

i have never been as disappointed with an expansion as i am right now. crafting ruined, warriors got shit on, the only fun spec to play has been nerfed to fuck already, ashran eats a bowl of donkey chodes for breakfast and you can't transmogrify admiral taylor's quest reward weapons because they dont want horde players to wear them even though no one gives a fuck
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2014-12-14 at 12:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i can only play 1 or 2 hours a day because of work, kids etc. and what i want is at least an estimated time left on the green eye. this way, we can calculate if there is enough time to wait or give up on the queue for more patient / less busy players.

my 2 cents.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Queues will be gone instant when they remove the stupid 200 CP
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic