Can someone help me with this?

I am not that great with computers. I know a little more than the average person but not much else.

I know to update my drivers regularly. Now when I go to my display adapters I have an Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 and an Nvidia GeForce GT 555m.

Do games like WoW use both of these to run or does it use one or the other?

Also, when I search for updates none are found, but WoW has told me I need to update my Nvidia driver...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BRO90X View Post
    I am not that great with computers. I know a little more than the average person but not much else.

I know to update my drivers regularly. Now when I go to my display adapters I have an Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 and an Nvidia GeForce GT 555m.

Do games like WoW use both of these to run or does it use one or the other?
    Wow will run on the dedicated card, the Geforce. When updating laptops with multiple gpus I'd recommend getting the drivers from your laptop maker's official website.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    Wow will run on the dedicated card, the Geforce. When updating laptops with multiple gpus I'd recommend getting the drivers from your laptop maker's official website.
    I have a 4 year old Alienware so I just check on Dells site?

- - - Updated - - -

Went to their site and Dell scanned my computer and it came back with only "Intel Management Engine Interface, v.7.0.4.1197 , A01"

Which said last updated November of 2011...

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard to say without knowing the actual model number of the laptop. Provide that. There should be nvidia drivers there. Also your OS (Win 7,8, 32 or 64bit)
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab