Deleted

(My) very weak performance (Holy) - Help :(

Just some background first, I mained Holy Paladin in Vanilla and TBC securing numerous World top 15 kills and have decided to return to the class and spec for WoD. Progression is we have Mythic Kargath down and are working on Twins.

However, my performance feels insipid, weak and painful. Whilst I see other paladins dominating the meter on streams and logs i'm not performing well. I feel this has to be down to playstyle really, I feel horrible and somewhat a burden to my group in the healing throughput. At first I thought it was due to my gear as the others were significantly better geared than me, yet I have picked up some upgrades and things are the same. I do have some new toys that I haven't raided with yet though.

I may be in my "5-man" talent spec, but I have been running Eternal Flame, Beacon of Faith and Holy Prism in raids, am heavily contemplating shifting to Sacred Shield though.

Here are logs:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...4&type=healing - First raid on normal (where I seemed to do ok, beacons were not active on Tectus for some reason)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/B4FtbHCGR1zvpYmP - Heroic up to Imperator

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/qC761xzj9B4anLGc - Kargath Mythic and initial Ogron tries

I'd really appreciate any insights and thoughts - my burst is off, I wonder if i'm selecting heal targets incorrectly too, probably a mountain of playstyle issues.

I'm using Vuhdo as raid frames, can see EF/SS, Shield strength etc.

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot Armoury - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/tarren-mill/Ormie/simple

Deleted
    Remember the meters measure healing done so if someone beats you to the heal then you wont see any improvement unless other healers are dead and you are healing everyone on your own - lets ask those logs show 2 different chars - one log you are on one character and the other log shows a different char yet you only mention one char called Ormie ?

Did you name change ?

Ormoran / Ormie
    Last edited by mmocd76284f6fb; 2014-12-13 at 04:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMarshall View Post
    Remember the meters measure healing done so if someone beats you to the heal then you wont see any improvement unless other healers are dead and you are healing everyone on your own - lets ask those logs show 2 different chars - one log you are on one character and the other log shows a different char yet you only mention one char called Ormie ?

Did you name change ?

Ormoran / Ormie
    Server transferred, so Ormoran on the first log and Ormie on the other two.

Take a peak over mine. Nothing amazing, but I feel I do very well for myself.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...aling&source=6

Biggest think I noticed, you're casts of Holy Shock are really weak, should be casting this on CD. I am running more Crit, my Holy Lights healing is doubling, almost tripling your output. Change to Beacon of Light so you're healing both tanks through out the fight.
    Last edited by Papi; 2014-12-13 at 06:08 PM.
    Excellence, completed by Shyama!

Deleted
    Can't see Lillykins armory but from quikcly glancing lillykins is just casting more then you. Check your holy light vs flash of light usage and holy prism. On some fights i saw lillykins using AW earlier and thus more often then you.

top right compare. bookmark the page. when it reloads compare and click on the bookmark. you end up like this: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...9,29&spell=100

and then just select the fights you are both and check casts/resources/healing

Maybe somebody else can figure out something more specific but i just took a quick look.

Deleted
    That comparison is really useful, I can use that on every fight we've done to evaluate.

My Holy Shock uptime is really weak so i've made a (large) weakaura to track that and simply need to position myself better in order to cast more. I've also been casting directly on the beacons too much, thus losing so much efficiency.

Your input has been most helpful Papi and Narsilon - i've compiled logs of three or four paladins to compare against and i'm going to use your too Papi - your Butcher log was very useful as our kills were virtually the same time.

Thanks again, your help has been really appreciated.

Deleted
    As was stated, your Holy Shock uptime needs a lot of work. Aside from the benefits of being cheap, HS is also quite a large HPS increase due to IoL procs.

Time your Holy Prisms better. They can be used just after the cleave, for maximum effect.

On your 27H Butcher kill. You Holy Shocked 37 times (A gain of 37 HoPo), yet cast LoD 15 times, so, somewhere, you were casting two / one point LoD's.

Your Beacon was only healing one target, which means you're either not using BoF (bad idea), or, you forgot to put the second Beacon on somebody. That's a large HPS loss.

For reference, with one more ilvl than you, I did 46k HPS on Butcher HC, last reset. So you definately have a lot you can be doing.

Deleted
    First thing - Armory. Looks solid. It doesn't look like gear is the issue.

Now the logs.

1:Holy Shock usage a bit low. While by itself it doesn't heal much it's our most solid Holy Power generator so should be used on CD.

2:You seem to be forgetting to use your trinket a lot. If tracking it is difficult for you then for starters you can use the VuhDo option to use trinket on CD. It won't be optimal but you will still see solid HPS increase.

3:You have both Sanctified Wrath and Mericful Wrath taken and on some fights it looks solid but on some fights you don't use it at all. Nowdays there is rarely sudden unexpected damage so best way is to decide when you need it and if you can squeeze in a CD before that. (With Merciful Wrath chances are you can).

4:On Twin Ogron it seems one of beacons was missing for a while and on Butcher I see only one Beacon active. Having those at 100% uptime is mandatory so always check before the fight that both tanks have it.

5:Holy Prism could be used way more often. On same Tectus which is 8m fight you have 16 casts. In that time you could have had 26 casts. While that's squeezing it every cooldown might not be that good but missing out 1/3d of casts is a lot of healing.

6:With your current gear it's hard to itemize for Sacred Shield. With it not benefiting from Mastery coupled with your low Holy Shock usage while using Double Beacons that gain no benefit from it is a huge HPS loss.

7:Holy Radiance is not very useful now. You have used it several times, from what I can see to generate Holy Power since it hasn't hit more than 2 targets, instead of that use more Holy Shock and save the mana.

8:As mentioned before some of your finisher casts seem to be at 1-2 Holy Power. That's generally not worth it. You'd be better off using extra Flash of Light to top someone off until that Holy Shock comes off cooldown than casting Light of Dawn at 2 Holy Power.

Only 1 Beacon, as he is using Saved by the Light.
    Excellence, completed by Shyama!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Papi View Post
    Only 1 Beacon, as he is using Saved by the Light.
    No, was raiding using Beacon of Faith.

I noticed something during tonight's raid actually - where only one of my beacon's seemed to be receiving transfer. Have no idea what was causing it but seemed to rectify itself, very strange. Also had a tracker for it on my frames so easy to spot both were applied.

Worked really hard on tonight's raid and felt more competitive as the night went on, all the feedback has really helped.

All wipes tonight (Imperator HC because mines are bad) but https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/t9JVFhaHvM7qGQDk/

Deleted
    If you're using BoF, on the fight I looked at, then you forgot to put the second beacon on somebody! I've never personally had the issue of it not applying both beacon healing, but who knows, maybe it does.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisaadi View Post
    If you're using BoF, on the fight I looked at, then you forgot to put the second beacon on somebody! I've never personally had the issue of it not applying both beacon healing, but who knows, maybe it does.
    No really, I had a fellow raider actually checking to make sure they were applied.

Deleted
    The beacon disappearing from a tank has happened several times to me on warrior tanks, they could be doing something to themselves to remove it. I have had to reapply beacon at/after the pull because of this.

Deleted
    I've had it vanish off tanks, pre-pull. I just assumed that was them changing talents.

I've never definately had it on a target, and not had it heal though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisaadi View Post
    I've had it vanish off tanks, pre-pull. I just assumed that was them changing talents.

I've never definately had it on a target, and not had it heal though.
    I've also had the beacon disappear off tanks pre-pull and was really scratching my head about it. Thanks for the talent swapping idea. I thought something was glitching either with the spell or my Vuhdo frame.

Sorry to go off-topic slightly, but is there a way to track who has beacon of faith using Vuhdo? I've got a hot icon tracking beacon of light, but cannot seem to find one for faith; therefore, just have to remember who it's been cast on. Thank you.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Re: Beacons disappearing, yeah it'll be talent swapping or some such - one of our tanks loves doing it just before the pull. Not sure about Vuhdo - but if it allows custom auras just add a new one for Beacon of Faith (156910)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dopplebok View Post
    Sorry to go off-topic slightly, but is there a way to track who has beacon of faith using Vuhdo? I've got a hot icon tracking beacon of light, but cannot seem to find one for faith; therefore, just have to remember who it's been cast on. Thank you.
    The hot icon field is editable (you don't have to select from the drop-down menu), so you can just type in "[h] Beacon of Faith". Alternately you can make custom bouquet to have both beacons show on the same hot icon position with different color.

Quote Originally Posted by snoutmate View Post
    The hot icon field is editable (you don't have to select from the drop-down menu), so you can just type in "[h] Beacon of Faith". Alternately you can make custom bouquet to have both beacons show on the same hot icon position with different color.
    Spectacular! Thank you and Fermion for your responses!

15+ Year Old Account
    Hello!

To help consolidate information, please continue discussion at and visit the [Holy] Fix My Heals! thread.

What a thread like this does, is that it allows for similar questions and discussions to be had in a singular place, so that other topics and thread are not pushed out. It's the same system we used in MoP. If users find this isn't working, we can definitely reevaluate how we handle this!

Thanks!
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature