Poll: Is it "World first: (boss)" or "World first: (raid)"?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Not like you can kill Garrosh without clearing everything before it anyway.
    Pretty sure Method got all the "grats!" after killing both (since both are the final bosses. Don't forget to add Ra-Den into the mix)

note: Forgot to add the multi-quote. Post just to affirm your statement

15+ Year Old Account
    In past cases it was the last boss if I recall correctly:

AQ40: C'thun over full clear with Ouro for sure
    Ulduar: That one was tough, some said Stars, some Ensidia
    ToC: World first bosskill or world first Insanity?
    T11: Paragon got all anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    In most cases "World fist last boss" is the same as "World first raid clear".
    Yeah, in about 2/3 of cases it's the same, and in the cases where it's not the same, like Highmaul, the end boss is the prize.

15+ Year Old Account
    rarly can u kill the last boss while skipping other bosses, strange how blizz let us do this in highmaul.
    Will this be the case in blackrock aswell?, if im not mistaking, that Gore boss is optional (i think)

Im with the full clear is world first
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

the whole situation is awkward, by world first you usually mean guild kills the last boss, but imagine you could skip siegecrafter or klaxxi in soo. different people will think differently

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    I think that all world first have been removed?
    wot? There was never an achievement for "world first".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Both.

If you killed a boss first, than that is world first kill of that boss. If you cleared a whole raid first that is world first raid clear.

Not really a hard concept.
    This. I mean, how hard is it to understand.
    -K

I always inferred it as a full clear, but honestly I don't care who is first or last. If they don't help the community with data or videos and tips after the race, Fuck them all.

Full clear.

Also its important that all the top guilds should be on the same page, if 1 guild comes along and just slinks into the last boss when all others kills the other bosses, its rude and should be considered poor form.

Quote Originally Posted by Tapaj View Post
    I always inferred it as a full clear, but honestly I don't care who is first or last. If they don't help the community with data or videos and tips after the race, Fuck them all.
    Why should they, why can't people play the raids without being hand held with videos? If Paragon/Method/Whatever can kill a boss without a guide then so can player x from area y. It might take them longer but it can still be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Tapaj View Post
    Guess you missed the news about Method partnering with Wowhead to make mythic boss guides...
    Guild - Twitter - 7/7M Highmaul (US#87) - 10/10M Blackrock Foundry (US#49)

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    World First: Last Boss, as in the past guilds like Paragon for example released videos of the last boss kill, not of the whole raid.
    in hte past you needed to clear the raid on that dificulty to get to the last boss on that difficulty so ur point is invalid also im not a paragon or a method fanboy. i have always been a firm beleiver or your world 1st if your 1st to clear the entire raid

10+ Year Old Account
    Last boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Azaile- View Post
    Full clear.

Also its important that all the top guilds should be on the same page, if 1 guild comes along and just slinks into the last boss when all others kills the other bosses, its rude and should be considered poor form.
    Method said race is over. But I guess they don't know what they are talking about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilalia View Post
    Why should they, why can't people play the raids without being hand held with videos? If Paragon/Method/Whatever can kill a boss without a guide then so can player x from area y. It might take them longer but it can still be done.
    Paragons would have been impossible for 99% of all guilds if guides and vids didn't exist.
    There are 9 bosses that need to be killed in a roughly specific order to succeed, not to mention the huge number of mechanics that fight has.

Last boss is all that should matter.

Blizzard shouldn't have set this shit up in such a way that leaves it open to interpretation by fanboyism. I was hoping method would win, but they lost, case closed.

They should remove "optional" bosses in mythic and force you to kill them all to get to the final boss, or have a mythic-only boss like ra-den and have it require all bosses cleared. Something like that.

Then there can be no confusing, no fanboyism polluting perceptions on what should and shouldn't count.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Both.

If you killed a boss first, than that is world first kill of that boss. If you cleared a whole raid first that is world first raid clear.

Not really a hard concept.
    This, if you can't figure this out for yourself then you need to have your brain checked for Down syndrome

Infracted;
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2014-12-14 at 07:39 AM.

Deleted
    I'm not a fan of either guild, in fact I couldn't care less about who gets the world first kill.

that said, for me the world first that really matters is the last boss. It's always been 'world first Lich King', 'world first Kil'Jaeden' etc

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I'm not a fan of either guild, in fact I couldn't care less about who gets the world first kill.

that said, for me the world first that really matters is the last boss. It's always been 'world first Lich King', 'world first Kil'Jaeden' etc
    Because in those 2 tiers you mentioned, you had to kill everything before those 2 said bosses.

I think it was in this thread wherein someone said something about AQ40 having the option to skip some bosses and whoever killed Cthun was considered as the World First? If that's how we defined it before then I guess it should be the case now. But of course according to the late Garrosh Hellscream: "Times Change"

Method Fanboys = PJ Salt (no space)

I'm a Method fanboy, but Paragon got this world first. They got world first on the hardest boss, and that it, and it is the LAST BOSS too. Even Treckie from Method was saying on his stream how the debate is stupid, Paragon got world first in the eyes of the top guilds, and that's that.

There is a reason the other bosses are called "optional".