Mage log question

I'm noticing ALOT... ALOT, of Mages that are ranking top for their spec in heroic or Mythic Highmaul either as Arcane or Frost are somehow dropping to 0 dps before their last HUGE burst spike to close off the fight with a higher DPS.

5 minute fight 70k burst.. sustained to 20-25k dps.. then last minute of the fight, they literally Fall-off the graph to 0 dps.. Then spike up to 70k and try to hold that DPS before the end of the fight. How are they doing that so their log would register them completely absent like that? I know with recount you can't just Greater invis until out of combat then re-open and cheese the logs, so how are they able to do 3-4million damage at 20-25k dps... then spike to 70k dps even considering the big amount of damage they have to break to get that high DPS spike. I've been wrapping my head around it all day.

I know for fights like Kargath, a frost mage would go up each time and maybe their group is cheesing for them to pull all adds and pop Crystal + CDs and burst cleave for a HUGE high ending DPS....But fights Like Brackenspore Heroic? I dont see how that can happen. There really isn't aoe, although there is Cleave. But I cant see how a 2 maybe 3 target cleave could spike a Arcane mage from 22k dps.. to 36k dps after dealing out 4 million damage.... Even with the blue mushroom being up the whole time (+mana regen and haste = awesome for arcane blast spam) the best I could do as a 655 arcane/frost mage is a 29k burst from 25k with 6 M damage, cleaving only 1 add aside from the boss.

Maybe there's a trick they are doing? lol not sure.

Do you have an example of the behaviour you're seeing? Because I can't find any.

tectus, kargath, and butcher logs

Quote Originally Posted by prestilence View Post
    tectus, kargath, and butcher logs
    Tectus I could kind of understand because there will be a period of time where there's nothing to attack (first Shatter), or when it's just padding the meters (attacking the shard when you're not supposed to yet), though it doesn't make a lot of sense in the context you described. Kargath and Butcher makes no sense regardless though.

Could you post the actual logs?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Can you link to the logs?