Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account

Ideas for new multipurpose laptop

Hey everybody. Im looking for a new laptop which can pull games like Dayz, Wow, League of Legends and Witcher 2 among other games.
    I need something that is not too bulky, but rather something that I can drag onto a train or use while in a study hall or someting.
    This will be a laptop primarily used for gaming, but later down the line it will also be used as a computer for everyday life.

My budget is around 1500 dollars, but I can be convinced to use a maximum of 2000 dollars.
    The problem lies in that I have very limited knowledge of what to look for in a computer so help is much appreciated.
    Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    What country are you buying it in? As your location says Norway, but your use of dollars for your budget implies elsewhere.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure of the prices or availability in Norway, but for a combination of performance and portability, I'd go with the Lenovo Y50.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834317539

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops...nu-id=y_series

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    I just used Dollars as a currency, so you guys could have some kind of idea of what pricerange I was looking for
    You would think that everything in this country is super expensive, but computers are usually around the same price as the US, atleast as far i have seen.

Thanks for the Tip, I have however heard some bad things about the lenovo Y50 series when it comes to the 4k screen.
    Do you guys have any experience when it comes to the MSI GE60 or the Asus ROG series?
    Been looking at a lot of Asus laptops, since I have good experience with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkonion View Post
    Thanks for the Tip, I have however heard some bad things about the lenovo Y50 series when it comes to the 4k screen.
    Do you guys have any experience when it comes to the MSI GE60 or the Asus ROG series?
    Been looking at a lot of Asus laptops, since I have good experience with them.
    I personally haven't been real impressed with Asus. My previous laptop was from them. Their warranty service was horrible. It took them 6 weeks to do a motherboard swap. And then after the warranty expired, the charge controller developed issues.

I also warranty swapped an Asus router twice for requiring constant reboots before I gave up on it and bought a Netgear one, which I've had 0 problems with.

Though the Asus monitor I'm using works well, so that's 1 out of 3 products from them that work properly.

I'm personally a fan of Clevo machines. I personally own a 17" one sold by Sager. Buying from them wouldn't be an option for you (it would cost about $300 to ship it across the ocean), but there's a shop in the UK that also builds out Clevo machines and ships Europe-wide.

Mine, which Clevo calls the P170SM-A, Sager sells at the NP8278-S, and the UK shop calls the 17.3" Vortex IV, is a 17" monster that tips the scales at more than 10lbs with the power brick, and so it probably larger than you want. I personally find it manageable to haul around daily in my nice backpack, but you may differ on that.

One you may look at is the new P650, which the UK shop calls the 15.6" Defiance. It just came out last month and offers the latest graphics and SSD capability. With 8GB RAM, 970M graphics, 1TB hard drive, 256GB SSD, along with open spaces for up to 32GB RAM, another hard drive, and another SSD, comes to $1796, though I don't think that's including VAT, as it's showing the same price for with and without VAT. I'd guess they don't have Norwegian tax rates entered into their system.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    That 15.6'' Defiance and that site in perticular looks really interesting. Thanks for all the help mate =))