Possible to macro blood tap to death strike?

Title, is it possible to macro it so that if I have blood tap charges it uses them then casts death strike, or just casts death strike if I have no charges?

If so, could any one show what said macro would look like?
    Last edited by IIamaKing; 2014-12-15 at 05:57 PM.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Wow.

/cast blood tap
    /cast death strike

and if you really want to get fancy and leet macroing

#showtooltip Death Strike
    /cast Blood Tap
    /stopcasting
    /cast Death Strike

careful using this macro will make you very pro.
    Last edited by tkbaby13; 2014-12-15 at 06:22 PM.

Well you can do that, but it's a terrible terrible idea, if you mean rune tap, which is the one with charges. You want to have it for the small burst windows of high damage, right before it hits, while you want to use deathstrike right AFTER it hits.
    With that setup you ensure that one of the abilities is wasted.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    Well you can do that, but it's a terrible terrible idea, if you mean rune tap, which is the one with charges. You want to have it for the small burst windows of high damage, right before it hits, while you want to use deathstrike right AFTER it hits.
    With that setup you ensure that one of the abilities is wasted.
    I'm guessing this topic was edited, because he's not talking about rune tap currently. Macroing Blood Tap to Death Strike doesn't seem like it would really have any major downside other than you no longer have to keep two keybinds. So if you like hitting extra buttons then you are out of luck with a super pro macro like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tkbaby13 View Post
    /cast blood tap
    /cast death strike
    I haven't tested it since 6.0, but I suspect this macro could fail when Blood Tap cannot be used (due to not having 5 stacks of Blood Charge). I always put Blood Tap after the attack for that reason.

/cast Blood Tap
    /cast Frost Strike

^Works just fine even when you don't have enough charges, not sure why it wouldn't work with DS.
    "I will say, I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act."

Ahh. It used to fail, once upon a time. I guess they fixed it at some point.

Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by tibben View Post
    I'm guessing this topic was edited, because he's not talking about rune tap currently. Macroing Blood Tap to Death Strike doesn't seem like it would really have any major downside other than you no longer have to keep two keybinds. So if you like hitting extra buttons then you are out of luck with a super pro macro like this.
    There is a pretty major downside to this. All of you're blood tap runes are belong to death strike. Blood tap should be used strategically.

Quote Originally Posted by tkbaby13 View Post
    There is a pretty major downside to this. All of you're blood tap runes are belong to death strike. Blood tap should be used strategically.
    Not necessarily, You would have to hit the bind 2 times to cast DS. First hit uses the charges then you can use em however. I find I use most of the charges on DS any way. But Im still pretty noob at dk.

What else would I be spending the death runes on?

Rune Tap, primarily.

That's why you're best off macroing BT to Death Coil.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Rune Tap, primarily.

That's why you're best off macroing BT to Death Coil.
    Ahh ok. that makes sense thank you.