Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Rogue DPS just isn't up to scratch right now. Compared to other melee

Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    There are tons of combinations which are valid, some better than others for some fights. Personally though, I only run with Sanctified Wrath and Final Verdict. No extra reliance on RNG (like Divine Purpose), no weird priorities (like pooling a ton of HP for seraphim or seal twisting for empowered seals). SW+FV is definitely not top performer in terms of theoretical dps, but it's the easiest one to play and it's super reliable. In terms of handling movement it makes even more sense, since when you pop Avenging Wrath, you only use hammer of wrath, judgement and final verdict, all of which have decent range.

I would recommend any new retribution player to stick with SW+FV until they are comfortable with it and feel like they want to mix it up, possibly to min/max some encounter.
    Thank you for the info! I might try my MM hunter as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Thra View Post
    Rogue's are fantastic, being melee sucks. But as a rogue with the Elusiveness talent I take 80% reduced damage from most Boss mecahnics. Cleave? I am combat, if my tank stacks stuff properly my dps goes through the roof.

Add in Cloak of Shadows + stoneform (dwarf) and I can ignore alot of mechanics all together, which gives me more uptime on the boss, and uptime as melee is a huge factor.

With Shroud of concealment I can help my guild race through trash (not so much in raids but for CMs)

Oh and Burst of Speed, because 70% movespeed and being able to keep it up 100% of the time. Its nice to have the option, I can ignore mitigation and spend all energy on dps or I can mitigate and only hinder my dps by a small % due to losing energy through Feint and Burst of Speed.
    What tier are you raiding that you feel that you are doing competitive DPS as combat with Burst of Speed talent choice? What was your dps on Kargath and Butcher this week?

Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    I love how everyone is bashing on rogues.... Yet combat has strong cleave, and sub burst / dps is really good.... Those who say rogues are on the low end probably play with bad rogues....
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/6

Yeah, so good, what with that 1 parse in the top 10 on any fight. Remember last time when you claimed to be doing 90k burst DPS and like 5 of us looked at your logs and you were outside the top 10 on almost every boss you killed? Good times, good times.

If you look at the long run and not just what's the current feat of the moment I would go with rogue or warrior, during all the years I have been playing they have been good most of the time while all the other melees have spent a lot of the time in the bottom parts when it comes to dps.

Right now Windwalkers is op, but sims for ilvl 695 has a bunch of classes doing higher dps then them so they might not get nerfed. Sims should not be taken as facts, they just give a hint of how it will be and might contain bugs.
    Last edited by Ater; 2014-12-15 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    I love how everyone is bashing on rogues.... Yet combat has strong cleave, and sub burst / dps is really good.... Those who say rogues are on the low end probably play with bad rogues....
    Are we all just bad rogues then? Are there no good rogues left in the world? Because looking through logs the best rogues in the world are not even on the same level as the best WW/Ret/Ferals. So either there is something wrong with Rouges or Watcher was correct and we really are all terrible and still trying to adjust to the combo point change.

Either way to answer OP's question, don't play a Rogue. Yes you have additional survivability tools and if you sincerely believe you need them to stay alive then, sure, play a Rogue. Otherwise do yourself a favor and just play a WW. You will use the same gear as a Rogue, still have pretty good mobility, survivability, but do anywhere from 10%(Butcher) - 35% (Twins) more damage than than the appropriate Rogue specs for those fights. Considering most of the other Mythic Rogues I know are already preparing to abandon the Rogue train, I would not jump on it right this moment.

Rogues are not dumpster tier just because Monk damage is OP right now. Also, if history is any indication Rogues will be the most favored melee class once again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaithis View Post
    What tier are you raiding that you feel that you are doing competitive DPS as combat with Burst of Speed talent choice? What was your dps on Kargath and Butcher this week?
    We are 7/7 Norm and 5/7 Heroic.

This week I did 20.5k on Kargath(H) and 18.5k on Butcher(H). iLvl 647

The other combat rogue in my raid did 19.5k on Kargath(H) and 20.2k on Butcher(H) (he runs shadowstep) ilvl 653

10+ Year Old Account
    Feral or monk at this point. Rogues are lackluster.