Using someone else's profession buildings?

I was under the impression that it was possible to use someone else's profession buildings. I have some mats stacked up from a level 1 building in my own garrison, and when I went to use a guildie's level 3 building, the NPC only offered a line of dialogue and no profession tab.

Was I mistaken that you could use someone else's buildings? Did I do something wrong?

10+ Year Old Account
    You were, yes. You can DE items in somebody else's garrison though so that may be what you're thinking of. They fixed players ability to pick herbs and ores from other garrisons. Other than that, dunno what you could possibly want out of somebody else's garrison.

Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    You were, yes. You can DE items in somebody else's garrison though so that may be what you're thinking of. They fixed players ability to pick herbs and ores from other garrisons. Other than that, dunno what you could possibly want out of somebody else's garrison.

I assume one of the vanity enchants. They can not be put on scrolls and sold in the AH for some odd reason.

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    If they have someone assigned to their Enchanter's Study you can buy the weapon chant transmogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    I was (apparently mistakenly) under the impression that you could use someone else's profession buildings for crafting, aside from just disenchanting. I have a level 1 tailor hut I have been using to craft hexweave with my excess fur. I now have 100 hexweave, and thought I could use a guildmate's level 3 tailor hut to craft an item, and avoid needing to spend the time, gold, and GR on a level 3 tailor hut for a belt I will only use for another week or two.

I'm just posting here to confirm that I was wrong, and not simply doing something wrong.