Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Does your family have a traditional Christmas Eve or Christmas Day meal?

Just curious about what that meal is. And gathering information.

If you don't celebrate Christmas, post anyway.
    Last edited by belfpala; 2014-12-15 at 01:24 AM.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Not really. There's a chance I'm at my grandparent's in FL for Christmas just cause that's when (my mom (who is a teacher)) school break is. Maybe we make a roast or something but lol we aren't Christian so Christmas is whatever.

We do have some family though who likes to throw a gathering so they do cook. But it's not like we have a formal thanksgiving meal and it's not like we even eat their food. They kind of just put it out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    No Christmas is a day off we generally make something easy and do whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    For us, Christmas eve is a family party with deviled eggs, summer sausage, cheese, crackers, and sausage balls with plenty of booze. Christmas day is chicken and sausage gumbo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes....and I hate it every year. >.>

I don't know what we're eating, when we're eating, and sometimes where we're eating.......

10+ Year Old Account
    Normally yes, I don't now about this year though because my sister won't be home for Christmas so we might have a big meal on Jan 1st instead as she'll be home then and it's my brother's birthday. Usually we have 2 ducks with all the trimmings, and for breakfast a fry up with home made croissants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Just curious about what that meal is. And gathering information.

If you don't celebrate Christmas, post anyway.
    Basically the same thing as Thanksgiving. Turkey, ham, all the trimmings, fixings, and sides then pie for dessert. My grandmother used to make a Strawberry Rhubarb... Been 10 years since I've had it =(

Edit: Christmas with my family usually involved 30-50 people depending on who was coming btw... so from 2p-8p it was eating, drinking, gifts, and laughter

A more recent thing my family has been doing is cooking a Beef Wellington on Christmas Day.

We have always done Christmas eve with a bunch of finger foods like deviled eggs, bagel bites, chicken/fish sticks, meat/cheese/cracker platter, egg rolls and what ever else they could throw in. For Christmas day it's always a nice spiral ham, potatoes (mashed and sweet) and such.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Nothing here, I just try to make sure I will have something to eat the next day so, since christmas eve and day wil be a miserable 36 hours of boredom with nothing to do.

Other than seeing me dead my family does not want to see me anyway.
    Last edited by drwelfare; 2014-12-15 at 01:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The rest of the clan who all live up north in the same 300 mile radius do meet up every Christmas week and do have a Christmas meal. I haven't ever gone to it due to living anywhere from 1400 miles to 4000 miles away over the past twenty years.

The family does, I don't and couldn't tell you what they have.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

10+ Year Old Account
    We used to, but since my grandparents are now gone and my mom decided to cut ties with her sister it's just my immediate family now so we usually just go out for Chinese. Which is food I like, but I miss the old dinners at home. (Christmas day.)
    Last edited by OzoAndIndi; 2014-12-15 at 01:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We go over my grandparents on Xmas eve. What we do has shuffled around since I hit adulthood since older relatives has passed on includeing the one who used to hold xmas dinner. So we kinda drifted apart from extended family for it and just do our own thing with my maternal grandparents and my mother's brother's family.

I think we're having fried chicken for dinner though. And mini hot dogs.

We used to do a tradional ham and stuff, but alot of family has since developed health issues that prevents them from eating such a dish, or were one of the ones that didn't care for it. I think there are only 2 of us that can, and want, to eat such a dish.
    Last edited by Time Sage; 2014-12-15 at 02:31 AM.

Typically, we have a ton of pancakes and sausage and eggs for breakfast on Christmas. Other than that, nothing of note.

My sister and I have started making spiked hot chocolate and watching Christmas movies on Christmas eve tho.

Usually do, just depends were I personally go. Usually either pork or duck. Duck this year.

Yup, will be going to my mother's house like every year as will my sister and her husband, my bro and his wife, an aunt and uncle with associated cousins and probably a few random old people my mum was feeling sorry for (nice that they don't have to spend christmas alone) and she will be cooking a traditional british christmas dinner, I wish she wouldn't because it's also her birthday but she insists and I can't cook so that's that

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Glazed Ham Roast, Bacon and Potato Hash, Roast Chicken, Potato/Pasta Salad, Prawns.

'Straya.

10+ Year Old Account
    Christmas was wonderful when I was little. Music, food,and family coming together it was the one time of the year where all the bullshit was forgotten. I remember this song in that hazy bit of my mind and it warms my soul...

I miss those days badly

Yes, same every year...boat loads of ice cream and TV marathons.

10+ Year Old Account
    we have ham. i hate ham.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.