View Poll Results: Should blizzard address the secondary stat issues for gear in HM

Voters
87. This poll is closed
  • Yes

44 50.57%
  • No

43 49.43%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Angry Is everyone overlooking the horrible gear available for warriors?!

I dont get whats up with all of the haste on gear in HM. i mean str is priority over crit but at this point haste is 50 points away from topping my crit. i know there is other gear out there with crit but the ilvl on it is way less than what you can get in HM which makes it not really worth it(str>crit).

so where im getting at it: am i missing something here? it would be nice to see a blue post in here to at least see that they are aware of this issue. i know there are a lot of classes out there with the same issue, but they dont see the difference in dps as much as a warrior will(does..).

We're all suffering in Versatilitymaul, friend.

The first raid instance always has terrible itemization. You aren't supposed to have good stats right out of the gate. Your tier pieces in particular all likely have awful itemization, this is true for most classes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruulintent View Post
    I dont get whats up with all of the haste on gear in HM. i mean str is priority over crit but at this point haste is 50 points away from topping my crit. i know there is other gear out there with crit but the ilvl on it is way less than what you can get in HM which makes it not really worth it(str>crit).

so where im getting at it: am i missing something here? it would be nice to see a blue post in here to at least see that they are aware of this issue. i know there are a lot of classes out there with the same issue, but they dont see the difference in dps as much as a warrior will(does..).
    What you're overlooking is that there won't always be the perfect itemized piece for each slot. Blizzard does this on purpose. So find the item with the best secondary stats and hope for it to drop. Strength and stamina don't factor in since they are the same on equal ilevel items.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    The first raid instance always has terrible itemization. You aren't supposed to have good stats right out of the gate. Your tier pieces in particular all likely have awful itemization, this is true for most classes.
    The issue with this is when specs are tied to crit such as a Fury Warrior or Fire Mage. Badly optimized gear = non-viability or needing sweeping buffs.

Deleted
    Hi. I'm a rogue. Highmaul drops 1 dagger. That dagger has haste/versatility = the two worst stats for Assassination and Sub.
    I'm using a Garrisson mission dagger til Mythic :/

Deleted
    IIRC you can get crit on all slots but 2h weapon, shield, legs, chest, cloak and head. You can buy a crit/multi cloak with apexis, crit/multi legs with conquest and craft the head, chest and possible shield for gladiators. It would be extremely unfair for other classes if all the plate in Highmaul had crit and/or multistrike on it. There's a lot of classes and specs that are in the exact same situation as us.

But on the other hand, the itemization is decent for arms.

Focus on avoiding gear that has haste + versatility. Accept versatility were crit is present. Buy the apexis crit/multristrike cloak and craft legs, neck and head. Don't think you can avoid versatility altogether. Lastly, the Butcher drops 1H crit and mastery which is a very good 3rd behind multistrike.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

15+ Year Old Account
    First tier is never itemized very well. I have crit on most of my pieces so i cant complain either.

Quote Originally Posted by MMKing View Post
    Focus on avoiding gear that has haste
    Absolutely brilliant advice to give a person talking about how they don't like haste gear! Problem solved OP!

Deleted
    I dont really see the point in complaining about this. I mean they wont change the stats just because you make a post on mmoc.

And we're still doing amazing dps regardless of the gear not having optimal stats so once again, why complain? When I OS dpsed as gladiator in my prot gear that had nearly maxed mastery with a few pieces of crit I was still rolling out the dps with no issues and mastery is even worse than haste for glad right?

Once again, if we're doing well on the meters there's no reason to complain about proper itemization.

I think it's like this for most classes, only seven bosses limits the amount of gear for different slots, fore a bunch of them it only drops one item in the whole raid. My main is a paladin, we want mastery, but in our Highmaul BiS-gear we only have mastery in six slots.

Will probably get better when Foundry is released and the amount of bosses this tier goes from 7 to 17.
    Last edited by Ater; 2014-12-15 at 10:19 AM.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Haste reduces the CD on Mortal Strike, Bloodthirst, Shield Slam and Thunderclap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well in my case i am lucky with follower 645ilvl missions. I got crit/multi or mastery on every item besides head and ring where i got crit/haste.
    Looking at raid drops makes me focus more on PvP as our guild cant clean normal not to mention HC. So all gear i can get is from normals or LFR so.... good itemized 645or AWESOME itemized 660 pvp gear > most raid droops

Lets look what we got:
    2h crafted 660ilvl crit mastery > normal raid
    2h very lucky roll from mission 651 with 271 crit on it !!! > normal raid
    Neck crafted JC crit/multistrike > > normal raid mastery\versality
    Back Apexis crystal one > normal raid mastery multistrike
    Chest mission crit/mastery with socked 50crit > normal raid haste multistrike
    Legs pvp 660 crit/multistrike > normal raid haste mastery
    Shoulder crafted crit/multistrike < normal raid crit multistrike
    Bracer mission 645 crit/multistrike > normal raid Crit haste
    Boots 660 pvp crit\mastery > normal raid crit versality

Hands and waist from raid seem ok
    Trinkiets hmmm i got dungeon ones with sockets + crit in them but so far 4 kills and 4 coins not a single trinkiet from boss drop....
    Last edited by lordzed83; 2014-12-15 at 12:42 PM.
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post
    Trinkiets hmmm i got dungeon ones with sockets + crit in them but so far 4 kills and 4 coins not a single trinkiet from boss drop....
    Sad that you didnt raid with me last time on heroic, we had 2/1wf str/crit trinkets drop from tectus and we had no dps warriors so it went to our ret pally, my off spec and a disenchant :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbert the View Post
    Absolutely brilliant advice to give a person talking about how they don't like haste gear! Problem solved OP!
    Why the hell do you quote 7 words out of 3 sentences!? Let me simplify it in a way your tiny brain can comprehend.

1. Avoid gear that has haste + varsatility. Only 1 piece of loot in Highmaul has both of these stats, the head from first boss. Craft a new head from engineering or BS.

2. Accept versatility were crit is present. Craft away from gear that has Versatility but not crit. The neck in highmaul has versatility but not crit, so craft a neck to avoid this. One of the two rings in highmaul has versatility but not crit, however the legendary questline offers crit+multistrike so you don't have to craft a ring.

3. Buy the apexis cloak. The Highmaul one has OK stats but the Apexis one has crit/multistrike and does not count as a crafted item.

4. Craft neck and head for the reasons stated above. Craft legs because of all the loot left, this piece of armor is the least stat efficient for us with haste+mastery on it.

Thus none of your gear should have haste AND versatility, the gear that has versatility also have critical strike. Regrettably, your chest piece will have the least efficiency with haste + multistrike.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

Deleted
    People don't get that the "worst stat" argument is total bogus. There are no bad stats and generally the weighting is rather close.

ilvl > all usually, does not matter if it is haste and versatility. Strength is by far more important than anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    quizzlemanizzle ye but if u got fuck all crit you can just watch how u char auto attacks most of the time... Now thats proper fun init ??
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post
    quizzlemanizzle ye but if u got fuck all crit you can just watch how u char auto attacks most of the time... Now thats proper fun init ??
    You'll still have to go with what the instance offers when you get on Heroic/Mythic or else you'll lose out on way too much strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexyn-eu View Post
    I dont really see the point in complaining about this. I mean they wont change the stats just because you make a post on mmoc.

And we're still doing amazing dps regardless of the gear not having optimal stats so once again, why complain? When I OS dpsed as gladiator in my prot gear that had nearly maxed mastery with a few pieces of crit I was still rolling out the dps with no issues and mastery is even worse than haste for glad right?

Once again, if we're doing well on the meters there's no reason to complain about proper itemization.
    please show me where i was complaining. i was just stating that in order for a fury warrior to be competitive in heroic HM we HAVE to have crit. haste on every plate piece imaginable is stupid..i mean show me what plate wearing class benefits from that much haste? i get kicked on butcher when i severely out gear most other classes. that shouldnt happen. yeah all classes have crap stats on their gear to but they wont see as much of a difference as a fury warrior will.

also, most of you didnt read my original post. str>crit so i am choosing my higher ilvl items over items with crit/mastery. i appreciate the gear tips but im not going to downgrade from a 670 to a 645. i wouldnt be gaining any dps from that.

all im saying is my fury warrior who ive been playing on for years should at least be able to compete with the other classes is sustained single target dps.