Thread: Combat AOE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I like the option to either go full AOE with CT spam, OR in situations where you have one large mob and a pack of lower prio mobs.
    just put up one CT on the pack, FoK and proceed to funnel all those CPs into that big mob by pouring eviscerates into it with FW up.
    Seems like nice flexibility.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdance View Post
    Subtely with with a mastery build is also very strong AoE. I would say it is probably better than combat's on around 8 targets.

These are the top logs for Tectus, they are all the same strategy where you kill both mediums at the same time and form 8 small adds:

If our logs weren't private I would hold the #1 parse as Sub for all rogues. Video here:
    Crimson tempest is ticking for 200k+, mastery is very potent with crimson tempest.
    Nice vid! I also checked your twins fight and im wondering why you use fok on 2 targets ? is it worth loosing the dmg from bacckstab as bckstb multistrikes do more bleed dmg aswell?

Quote Originally Posted by moshira View Post
    Nice vid! I also checked your twins fight and im wondering why you use fok on 2 targets ? is it worth loosing the dmg from bacckstab as bckstb multistrikes do more bleed dmg aswell?
    Extra combo point generation leads to more eviscerates. However, assassination with venom rush is definitely a better spec for that fight.

Subtely with with a mastery build is also very strong AoE. I would say it is probably better than combat's on around 8 targets.

These are the top logs for Tectus, they are all the same strategy where you kill both mediums at the same time and form 8 small adds:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...22&class=Rogue

If our logs weren't private I would hold the #1 parse as Sub for all rogues. Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2zntNpvn0M
    Crimson tempest is ticking for 200k+, mastery is very potent with crimson tempest.
    Nice video. My plan is to get as many multi/mastery pieces as i can - our biggest gripe right now is the bad itemizatio status where nearly all pieces have soemthing wrong on.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I almost wish Kargath hadn't dropped a bladefist for me D: It's so much better than my lousy daggers that I pretty much "have to" go combat now... Or would it be a decent idea to wield a 630 dagger in MH and 670 slow weapon in offhand as sub?

Deleted
    I'm not sure if I'm missing something here, but having done some quick napkin maths based on the damage my abilities do with my stat weights:

CT: 9,434
    Evis: 14,971
    IP: 1,650
    MG: 1,231 (avg off-hand weapon damage * 1.4)

For the sake of maths to add averages to the damage to Eviscerate, as IP has a 30% chance to proc, add (1650 * 0.3) damage to each target hit, and add (14,971 * 0.35) damage to all targets hit with Blade Flurry, and an additional (1,231 * 0.2336) damage to the main target for MG.

So on two targets, CT deals 18,868 damage over its duration, and Evis deals 21,488 damage (14,971 + 5,240 + (495 * 2) + 287)
    And on three targets, CT deals 28,302, and Evis deals 27,223 (14,971 + (5,240 * 2) + (495 * 3) + 287)

So when you average out the poison and Main Gauche procs, CT still works out better on three targets, and will continue to best Eviscerate the more targets you have, right?
    Last edited by mmocc85087d34c; 2014-12-18 at 12:16 PM.

Deleted
    Extra combo point generation leads to more eviscerates. However, assassination with venom rush is definitely a better spec for that fight.
    I know FoK gives ectra cp. But is it worth it ? as like I said Bckstab does more then 2 times it dmg costs less and multistrike proccs extra bleed dmg. I dont even know if FoK can multistrike.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeruge View Post
    I'm not sure if I'm missing something here, but having done some quick napkin maths based on the damage my abilities do with my stat weights:

CT: 9,434
    Evis: 14,971
    IP: 1,650
    MG: 1,231 (avg off-hand weapon damage * 1.4)

For the sake of maths to add averages to the damage to Eviscerate, as IP has a 30% chance to proc, add (1650 * 0.3) damage to each target hit, and add (14,971 * 0.35) damage to all targets hit with Blade Flurry, and an additional (1,231 * 0.2336) damage to the main target for MG.

So on two targets, CT deals 18,868 damage over its duration, and Evis deals 21,488 damage (14,971 + 5,240 + (495 * 2) + 287)
    And on three targets, CT deals 28,302, and Evis deals 27,223 (14,971 + (5,240 * 2) + (495 * 3) + 287)

So when you average out the poison and Main Gauche procs, CT still works out better on three targets, and will continue to best Eviscerate the more targets you have, right?
    someone with good rogue knowledge explain! im curious too

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripax View Post
    I almost wish Kargath hadn't dropped a bladefist for me D: It's so much better than my lousy daggers that I pretty much "have to" go combat now... Or would it be a decent idea to wield a 630 dagger in MH and 670 slow weapon in offhand as sub?
    Yes it is, it is few hundred dps boost - even having slow OH with the same ilvl is only ~80 dps loss, so almost nothing.