Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    This right here is the real problem. Doesn't it seem odd to anyone that running the best computer money has to buy you couldn't maintain 60 fps in a raid? And this is a 10 year old game too.
    Well I can guarantee you the solution to a shitty problem isn't to make it even more shitty, which is what you're recommending. It still doesn't excuse AMDs sub par single threaded performance. WoW didn't cause this problem, AMD did when they were well aware how important single threaded performance still is today...and you would think a company that built it's name around gaming hardware would take more time to get the most performance out of games.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2014-12-16 at 08:04 PM.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

This

Quote Originally Posted by Spalding View Post
    three letters. A M D
    ATi could never make drivers long term! I've been in computers and gaming for a long time. AMD has always been known to support things at first, then not as much down the road, much of this is because of proprietary chip-sets. The Mach and Wonder cards were this way, and it never really changed as Voodoo took it all. MS would release a table of the order of hardware that was "tested and fully working". This list would start Intel..Western Digital..Sound Blaster and down the line in order of what was tested and working as priority. Many times the Windows list would not contain newer AMD or ATi hardware at all at the time they were relevant.

There was a time where Nvidia had problems with a port that Intel was using in Windows, but this did not last long and could be changed in Windows.

Many people who built computers like myself, would sell and upgrade them more often than most users. AMD builders would have long sold most machines before the 8th chipset driver package update was needed for any new Windows SP that usually needed to be completely fresh installed. Most builders did not really care about the long term, only about being fast for cheap and making money. Many builders could not support them for long, but their costumers usually wanted faster for cheap in the time things would break down anyway. I would bandage these machines as I could, but sometimes it was not possible because of the lack of driver support.

7+ Year Old Account
    I didn't read ALL the posts but as others said (quite too boldly imo) is the fact you are using and AMD CPU. I myself have one, but for them to be as efficient as their i5/i7 counterparts, they need to be overclocked, which needs the right knowledge and the right hardware.

I'm running an "old" FX-8120 @4.3ghz and a AMD HD6870. I turn my shadows down and the rest is at Ultra 30fps+ in raids of 20 people and world fps is above 60 most the time.

I'm an AMD fanboy. Their core/out of the box performance is lower, but if you like overclocking, and dont mind the high watts, AMD can go far, like really far. For a fraction of the price too