Deleted

Prot warriors and food

I'm new to the forums so I'll start off by saying..

Hello fellow warriors!

I just wanted to see what kind of food and flasks you warrior tanks are using in Highmaul right now.

My guild and I are on Heroic highmaul and all through Normal I've been using the Greater Stamina Flask and the Talidor Surf and Turf (stamina buff). This is from the advice of several guides I have used successfully to be a good main tank for my guild... but are they correct? I'm at the point where my health is so high that I'm very far away from ever being 2 or 3 shot from any of the highmaul bosses as my TMI is quite good also.

So why should I continue stacking stamina with Flasks and Food? All it's doing is giving me more health that I don't really need anyway, should I not be using Strength Flasks and Mastery/Crit food (depending on how your stats are prioritised) to actually REDUCE the damage and help my mitigation as well as increasing my DPS rather than just giving me more health?

I've heard mmo-champion is a great place to theorycraft so I'm looking forward to hearing some opinions on this.

yes.

10 char.

-Please refrain from posting spam, Infracted-
    Last edited by mmocae83d35844; 2014-12-16 at 09:46 AM.

Deleted
    Interesting question, at what point is enough health enough? I have no idea, but I am curious.

Deleted
    Honestly I doubt we'll ever find a definitive answer to this question. The value of stamina varies depending on a lot of factors.

Does the additional stamina push you above another breakpoint where you can survive another hit from the boss? Do your healers tend to overheal, and/or are your healers classes with a tendency to overheal (crit-stacking healers for instance)? More HP allows you to hover at near-full HP more often and draw more benefit from healers' HoTs and crits.

However the general consensus seems to be that reducing damage taken is better than more HP. The less damage you take, the more time your healers can spend on healing others. At some point you'll even be able to swap out a healer for another damage dealer.

Deleted
    Greater stam flask + mastery food for progression.

Greater strength flask + crit food for farm.

Never use stamina food above crit or mastery unless you're in a cutting edge guild who need extra HP to survive fights they are undergeared for.

Deleted
    For CMs I really think dps food and flask is the way to go. Well, I did stick with tank stats on gear though

Quote Originally Posted by kamran View Post
    For CMs I really think dps food and flask is the way to go. Well, I did stick with tank stats on gear though
    In MoP I built heavy on the offensive stats but still went with stam flasks most of the time (food I don't remember). You never know when you'll take a sudden spike in CMs, unless you're after realm first times I'd advise playing it safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Stamina increases (lol) baseline shield barriers and blood craze heal tick amounts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    Stamina increases (lol) baseline shield barriers and blood craze heal tick amounts.
    Wich is largely irrelevant. The fact that they do is about as useful as my heroic leap resetting taunt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexyn-eu View Post
    Wich is largely irrelevant. The fact that they do is about as useful as my heroic leap resetting taunt.
    It does? O.o

edit: Wow, that's pointless. But good to know, I guess.
    Last edited by mmoc0a04ed3db8; 2014-12-16 at 08:41 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mest View Post
    It does? O.o

edit: Wow, that's pointless. But good to know, I guess.
    Yeh tbh I dont know what the hell they were thinking with that perk, the others make sense with no CD on heroic throw to pick up adds without taunt and the other 2 are purely defensive. But the leaping perk? Feels like a 700 pound sumo wrestler punching you in the face.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexyn-eu View Post
    Greater stam flask + mastery food for progression.

Greater strength flask + crit food for farm.

Never use stamina food above crit or mastery unless you're in a cutting edge guild who need extra HP to survive fights they are undergeared for.
    I've tested out a few ways and this is by far the best for me, thanks. Didn't realise the DPS increase I'd get when buffing Str/Crit. I've also been getting ONLY crit drops in high maul that's replaced all my mastery so I'm sitting at almost 1k crit and almost 800 BA which has increased my DPS a lot with not a massive impact on mitigation from what I can see...

Deleted
    Increasing health to become more durable would only really work if you'd increase your health by such an amount that it works out over the long run via bloodcraze and enraged regeneration which it wont. I believe taking multistrike bufffood could even be more viable than stamina food because it increases your bloodcraze more than stamina increases your selfhealing.
    I'd go with mastery or crit but probably mastery.