Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Can I finish Glory of the ICC 10 Raider?

Hello. I'm wondering if the following is possible solo:

Killing Valithria (Heroic Forstwing Halls)
    and more importantly, how does Portal Jockey work? How many portals spawn/how many people do I need?

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You simply heal her before the portals open.

Literally, as a 100 Ret Pally, I can heal her to full in 25HC before portals open.

I don't know what class you are. But if you're a hybrid it's fairly easy now. As long as you heal her up before the portals actually spawn you can get the achievment. Which if I remember correctly is about 45 seconds to a minute which with the squish is more then enough for a level 100. I did it on my ele shaman and ret pally without a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    3 Portals spawn in 10 player mode. All portals that spawn must be entered or you will not receive the achievement. Therefore the only way for you to solo the encounter is to heal Val to full health before any portals spawn.

Deleted
    i did this recently on 25-man with myself and a friend both on healers, we just nuked her with heals before she could spawn any portals. Neither of us are very refined/geared healers, so it should be more than easy to solo on 10-man for anybody with a healer!

Edit: Just to add, this was before WoD release, so both of us were level 90 at the time too!
    Last edited by mmoc1ab6a42728; 2014-12-15 at 10:37 PM.

AFAIK, you can't solo it due to Once bitten Twice Shy and Portal Jockey. When I did ICC a few weeks ago it basically let me skip Valithria, there wasn't a chance to go into the portals. And for Once bitten, Twice Shy, you have to bite someone so if you are alone, this cannot be done either. I'm fairly certain all other achievements are soloable, but I know those two would be the problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    You simply heal her before the portals open.

Literally, as a 100 Ret Pally, I can heal her to full in 25HC before portals open.
    So pretty just go 2 man and get a guildie to heal it? Okay, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Galaxy MV4478-87, Vontos cluster, Alpha Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Portal Jocky can be solo'd
    With the condition your class can actually heal.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, was reading the thread as if the cock block was Portal Jockey, and the trick to soloing it is healing her BEFORE the portals open. Otherwise you need, I believe it's a minimum of 3 people, one for each?

As for the rest, Once Bitten, Twice Shy will require a second person, since killing her without being bitten may not be possible. Or maybe it is on 10m normal at 100? Depends if you can kill her before she bites.

Definitely not on 25m

The hardest thing about all of the metas ever since 6.0, I found, was the "Been waiting a long time for that". Making sure enough ghouls were up to keep the stacks going until 30.

But I finished both the 10 and 25m version since 6.0 with my wife, so yeah, it's very possible with a second person at most.

Although be careful on the Full House one, since you need to sand bag the boss until you have the 5 types out, because she mind controls if there is more than 1 person.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbleach View Post
    AFAIK, you can't solo it due to Once bitten Twice Shy and Portal Jockey. When I did ICC a few weeks ago it basically let me skip Valithria, there wasn't a chance to go into the portals. And for Once bitten, Twice Shy, you have to bite someone so if you are alone, this cannot be done either. I'm fairly certain all other achievements are soloable, but I know those two would be the problem.
    You can solo both assuming you've got enough damage to kill blood queen before she bites you and enough healing to top up Dreamwalker before she opens portals.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    You can solo both assuming you've got enough damage to kill blood queen before she bites you and enough healing to top up Dreamwalker before she opens portals.
    I don't think that is possible. The first bite happens in a matter of seconds after you pull her. Your DPS would have to be in the millions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Once bitten twice shy can be solo'd if you're a pet class I believe.
    You can't bite pets or get bitten by pets.

AKAIK - it's the only achievement that cannot be solo'd (for the unbitten portion - you can solo the bitten half). It's also the only one that will take two kills to complete.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post

AKAIK - it's the only achievement that cannot be solo'd (for the unbitten portion - you can solo the bitten half). It's also the only one that will take two kills to complete.
    You can solo it on 10man, there is enough time to burn her down before she bites. Doing the 25 achivement non-bitten part solo is still not possible though, not yet at least.
    Last edited by Yuyuli; 2014-12-15 at 11:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuyuli View Post
    You can solo it on 10man, there is enough time to burn her down before she bites. Doing the 25 achivement non-bitten part solo is still not possible though, not yet at least.
    I don't disbelieve you, but that is pretty surprising since she bites only a few seconds into the fight.

I haven't done ICC on 10man normal though. Maybe post squish she's one-shottable. Who knows.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    You have about 10 seconds to down her before being bitten, and with the huge damage modifier, its possible
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

If you get your pet to attack first and stand by the door, she will bite your pet. Making the achievement very easy. I soloed Been Waiting A Long Time For This... as a Brewmaster. The statue can tank everything until you get enough mobs up.

it was possible to bubble the bite before 6.0 AFAIK. Not sure now

Deleted
    I Killed the queen in 6.0 at lvl 90 with 587 ilvl quite easily before i got bitten, so i don't see why it couldn't be done now at lvl 100.

Also on the portal jockey achi, it is enough if you heal her full before the portals become active, so when you see them spawn, but they are not active yet, you still have some time to heal the boss.

i came back ot the game in WoD on a fresh account and i just did both 10m and 25m meta acheivements for the frostwyrm mounts 100% solo. She will bite your pet, i did it with water elemental just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracos View Post
    I don't think that is possible. The first bite happens in a matter of seconds after you pull her. Your DPS would have to be in the millions.
    On 10M normal it's easy, did it this week. You have more than a few seconds. 25 would be pretty though though.