Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Better people maybe, but not all pros are good at offering balance suggestions. The only thing they do have is insight, that's about it.

Developing and balancing a game is a different tool set than merely playing the game at a competitive level. There is obviously overlap sometimes, but there are absolutely terrible arena players who might be better at balancing the game than *some* of the most competitive ones.

Basically what I'm saying is that being good at the game doesn't necessarily mean you're good at making them.
    It really does actually. Being good at the game means you know what is good and what is not based on your experience. HS, they hired a pro to help out because he knew a whole lot.

Deleted
    No. Because they would make sure their class is king.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    While it's fun to assume that hiring top PvPers to balance PvP would be a successful and good idea, it's not a safe assumption at all.

Just as a fun experience, have you watched some of the top PvPers stream? Have you read their thoughts on forums? These are honestly not the same type of people that you'd want to hire to work in a professional work environment. Ask them for feedback? Absolutely, and that's what Blizzard already does. Hire them? Hahaha, no.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

they need to do this, they need to do that. oh gee i think this multimillion-profit-company for over a decade doesnt know what the heck they are doing, huh guys?
    they totally need to listen to unsuccessful couchpotatoes, whose biggest accomplishment in life is to kill a guy in a game first worldwide, or be good at pushing macrobuttons!
    i think you guys may be on to something and we need to start a petition to get blizzard to listen to those people.
    maybe we should even design a website fully dedicated to the subject of getting people, whose only skill is to follow a certain pattern very well, into the company! im sure this will improve the game tenfold and everyone would stop blaming blizzard for bad gamebalance and instead just blame themselves for not playing good enough. i mean, the "pros" said its fine as it is, so it cant be blizzards fault, right?

8> 8> 8>

Quote Originally Posted by Ghul View Post
    they need to do this, they need to do that. oh gee i think this multimillion-profit-company for over a decade doesnt know what the heck they are doing, huh guys?
    they totally need to listen to unsuccessful couchpotatoes, whose biggest accomplishment in life is to kill a guy in a game first worldwide. i think you guys may be on to something and we need to start a petition to get blizzard to listen to those people.
    maybe we should even design a website fully dedicated to the subject of getting people, whose only skill is to follow a certain pattern very well, into the company! im sure this will improve the game tenfold and everyone would stop blaming blizzard for bad gamebalance and instead just blame themselves for not playing good enough. i mean, the "pros" said its fine as it is, so it cant be blizzards fault, right?

8> 8> 8>
    The condescending attitude here is idiotic. Blizzard does hire people who play at the level you're so endearingly mocking like a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubalicious View Post
    An end boss in Mythic should be impossible the first week... and I'm fairly certain a lot of Blizz devs *THOUGHT* it was impossile - which is the main issue.
    No, see, here's the thing. This is your opinion on how it should be. Not how it is, or how they want it to be. If they didn't want Imperator dying, they could've added some absurd dps requirements and then stealth nerfed it. It's not like they haven't done it before...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

They already have people like that "working" for them. There's even a special hidden forum that only top players have access to where they can interact and talk with Blizzard directly, do you not remember when Braindeadly linked the picture of it on twitter and got in trouble over it? Clearly, the top players agree with their decisions and it's you that is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    They already have people like that "working" for them. There's even a special hidden forum that only top players have access to where they can interact and talk with Blizzard directly, do you not remember when Braindeadly linked the picture of it on twitter and got in trouble over it? Clearly, the top players agree with their decisions and it's you that is the problem.
    You are making things up. I have only seen the top players complain that blizz does not listen to them. I have only seen the players quit the game because blizz made it in a rough spot. THEY ARE NO WAY IN SHAPE OR FORM communicating with the developers. You see all these tweets from the top players to the devs requesting this or that to be changed. They do not listen. THey have NO ONE working with them.

- - - Updated - - -
    PLEASE EVERYONE, before you say they have people already working with them, go ask the top players on twitch.tv, ask them about this, and your thoughts about them helping blizzard. They will say mean things to the devs, because they deserve it. Looks at regionals the past 2 years. The top players wanted that more than anything, yet they didn't get it, nor an explaination for it. The top players will be better at developing because they aren't lazy, and know what hard work is. Unlike the current devs.

Quote Originally Posted by beastdboy1 View Post
    You are making things up. I have only seen the top players complain that blizz does not listen to them. I have only seen the players quit the game because blizz made it in a rough spot. THEY ARE NO WAY IN SHAPE OR FORM communicating with the developers. You see all these tweets from the top players to the devs requesting this or that to be changed. They do not listen. THey have NO ONE working with them.

- - - Updated - - -
    PLEASE EVERYONE, before you say they have people already working with them, go ask the top players on twitch.tv, ask them about this, and your thoughts about them helping blizzard. They will say mean things to the devs, because they deserve it. Looks at regionals the past 2 years. The top players wanted that more than anything, yet they didn't get it, nor an explaination for it. The top players will be better at developing because they aren't lazy, and know what hard work is. Unlike the current devs.
    You seem to be confusing "listening" and "doing what they want, when they want" - Blizzard listens to people, whether or not they take the advice and do what those people want is another story altogether. The top end may have some great ideas for balance changes, but if it doesn't fit blizzard's idea for end game/balance, it's not going to be brought to fruition.

In short, they listen, they don't necessarily obey. You should stop confusing the two.

Let's face it, Blizzard doesn't care for our thoughts, and what is better for the community.
    Hearthstone hired a Pro gamer from the current game to help out with the game in general.
    You've immediately contradicted yourself here.

Also consider that it's very possible to listen and simply not agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    They had "top pvp players" help with the pvp. They came up with assram and this garbage season where every melee shits on healers and casters. No doubt retardin "balance" is vanguards creation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gingerlemon View Post
    You've immediately contradicted yourself here.

Also consider that it's very possible to listen and simply not agree.
    Don't even bother, this person is the worst type of forum troll there is, they speak from an imaginary fountains of knowledge sourcing youtube videos, and when people discredit his argument he resorts to contradictions and insults. What a sad existence.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

While it certainly wouldn't hurt to consult some pros I don't think it would change just as little as in their other titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubalicious View Post
    No, they just need to stop underestimating the capabilities of the best players. Or stop low-balling their "predictions".

I can't believe the HARDEST content in the game can be completed without farming it at all. The last boss (or 2, or 3) should require a fair amount of gear from the instance that they are in. An end boss in Mythic should be impossible the first week... and I'm fairly certain a lot of Blizz devs *THOUGHT* it was impossile - which is the main issue.
    Well, is it the first of two raids. Judging it a bit early aren't we?

That's exactly Blizzard's problem, listening too much the 5% people.

PvP is pure garbage, i don't play it anymore.

What blizzard needs is a complete new approach to PvP before it dies completely.

They took the wrong road trying to keep the same set for PvP and PvE, now it's time to rethink.

Homogenization did not help either.

Unless you want PvP to be that arena bullshit we all know in Blizzcon, like we care right? I play WoW and watch SC2, go figure!
    Everyone having an Artifact equals nobody having one.

10+ Year Old Account
    A thread suggesting that Blizzard hire someone from the gaming community isn't a bad thread. A thread like this, however, full of misinformation and complete subjective feelings passed off as fact is very non-constructive and just baits the forum.