Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Enhancement Talents for Highmaul

Hey everyone. I am trying to find a place where we can discuss which talents seem the best for certain fights in Highmaul. Sadly I am the only enhancement shaman in my guild and have no one to bounce back with feedback.

Honestly for most of the instance I have been running, Elemental Mastery, Primal Elementalist and Liquid Magma. For trash I will swap PE to Unleashed just bc I am not dropping my fire ele all the time.

These seem to work best for me most of the time by using all my CDs, pots etc... with my fire ele and wolves up making me do a lot of damage in that small window of time. Obviously after that I taper off, but in the whole grand scheme, this seems to do the most damage for me.

What are others using? What should I be shooting for on Heroic Butcher dps wise (item level 647+/-), and whats the best way to map out that fight with your abilities?

You should use Simcraft with a 240 second duration for Butcher DPS. Ideally you'll be within 5% of that number. Ballpark I'd say you should be doing around 22k - 24k DPS depending on how good the DPS in your guild is (fight length).

My guild facerolled through heroic, so I didn't deviate from EM / PE / LM, however for Mythic:

Kargath : EM / PE / LM
    Tectus : Echo / UF / LM
    Butcher : EM / PE / SE (FET Glyph)
    Brackenspore: EM / PE / LM
    Ko'Ragh : EM / PE / LM
    Imperator : Echo / UF / LM

Storm Elemental and Elemental Fusion are incredibly underwhelming, and if you have the Lucky Double Sided Coin, EM / PE is a very very strong combination. Liquid Magma is mandatory for any fight with AoE or cleave, and you can delay your Storm Elemental on Mythic Butcher to line up with Coin for more DPS.
    Last edited by Glyphtics; 2014-12-18 at 01:54 AM.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

10+ Year Old Account
    Elemental Fusion is one those talents that has the vibe that it shouldn't really be talent but something baseline

Why do you use UF for the two aoe heavy bosses?
    Because of the multistrike - does this have a such a big impact on aoe?

Do you let your elemental attack on their own or do you use the dmg increasing channeling spell of them?

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure you never let your fire elemental channel on you. It will do more damage on its own than you would with the channel on yourself.

From my simming, SE is complete trash. It gets thoroughly beaten by LM even on single target. It really sucks that you can't stack FE and SE as you can only get one of them out during heroism/procs.

I also think that echo on tectus and imperator is correct over AS. It is the superior aoe talent and on those fights when you AoE it is the most important thing going on. Just make sure you don't burn your procs on SS and LL if you know AoE is about to happen. Sometimes when FN is on CD you need to hold SS and LL so you don't eat the proc.

One thing to consider with EM vs. AS on single target is to ask yourself how much time you have to spend away from the boss or if there are any dps burst phases. In either case you definitely want EM because as long as you are stuck to the boss for EM's full duration you get 100% of the effect. Whereas AS's value = % uptime on boss and is far less affect by burn phases.
    Last edited by Ryethe; 2014-12-16 at 08:59 PM.

Deleted
    As for Kargath I go with: EotE/ UF / LM

At the current state enhancement shamans are not the best choice if it comes to single target fights, however Kar'gath is a great opportunity to shine. In this encounter it is actually best if you go up with the 4 other poor souls and nova (eote be with ya!) the hell out of the guys, do not forget to buff it with UF first . I finished the fight with 43k-44k, second spot and right behind the balance owl which is 10 ilvls higher.

Bottom line is that talent combo stated above is the best choice for fights with multiple adds - Kargath, Tectus and Imperator.
    Eote is awesome if you're lucky and unleash 4 Novas in a row or 2-3 Stormstrikes.

Ko'ragh is an exception and EM/PE/LM or SE might be a better choice, because the adds simply do not live long enough. You can try EotE as well, but make sure to use it only on your Stormstrike ability, as it is the only source of physical damage next to your auto attacks.
    Brakenspore is a different kind of thing. It really depends (at least for heroic, haven't tried Mythic yet) what the movement of the whole raid is. In ours range dds are focusing the spores and melees focus on the boss and kick the small add. So EotE doesn't not make sense here, just burst through. In this situation EM/PE with FE glyph or UF/LM are a better choice. If your raid decides to move the boss to every shooter or fungus EotE might be good though.
    Butcher is simply Patchwerk: EM/PE with FE Glyph/LM. I love the Storm Elemental but from my experience the PE skill isn't really working with SE from time to time. It might be a bug or I'm missing something here... anyway, LM provides the better burst and can be cast every 45 seconds. Also works with FE, of course.

At the moment AS appears to be unnecessary when you reach about 23-25% haste. Otherwise it's great in CM or if you do not have enough haste yet. EM provides 30% additional haste, bloodlust does the same and the additional 5% base just seem to be meh (if you play a troll you have an additional 15% haste buff every 3 minutes...). So if you have the ability to burst, do so.
    A free cast of LB or CL might be fine, but its only fine and not really worth compared to the other Talents. Just my opinion, we can argue about that the whole day

Last thing, Glyphs: Personally I go with Glyph of Flame Shock, Glyph of Fire Nova and Glyph of Lava Spread as a standard setup.
    For Twin Ogron, Butcher and Brackenspore I usually switch to Glyph of Flame Shock, Glyph of Fire Elemental and Glyph of Frost Shock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone tried the wolves glyph? The reduced CD one?

Been trying it and using it, outside of the burn phases, with LM since they both often are up at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post

Been trying it and using it, outside of the burn phases, with LM since they both often are up at the same time.
    i think right now the glyph isnt bad but will shine even more in blackrock when we get 2pc tier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post

Well they are about 1 of 3 cases but they provide no synergy.

Quote Originally Posted by Glyphtics View Post
    You should use Simcraft with a 240 second duration for Butcher DPS. Ideally you'll be within 5% of that number. Ballpark I'd say you should be doing around 22k - 24k DPS depending on how good the DPS in your guild is (fight length).

My guild facerolled through heroic, so I didn't deviate from EM / PE / LM, however for Mythic:

Tectus : AS / UF / LM
    Imperator : AS / UF / LM

Storm Elemental and Elemental Fusion are incredibly underwhelming, and if you have the Lucky Double Sided Coin, EM / PE is a very very strong combination. Liquid Magma is mandatory for any fight with AoE or cleave, and you can delay your Storm Elemental on Mythic Butcher to line up with Coin for more DPS.
    may i ask you that why dont you prefer echo for tectus and imperator fights? or atleast for tectus.

Was a typo for Tectus. Absolutely run Echo for that.

Putting in more attempts on Mythic Imperator, likely going to use Echo.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer

Tectus : AS / UF / LM
    Imperator : AS / UF / LM

Can I ask why EM for Kargath and AS for Imperator? is it because Imperator is longer? I usually find LM is best in all situations I am just having trouble figuring out when its best to use either PE or UF and then AS or EM. I usually only use EM on Butcher/Ko'ragh for the burst dps.

EM for Kargath because the burst is often needed to push shield phases fast enough, it's personal preference of course, but the biggest reasoning behind using EM is because of its' synergy with Coin and Wolves.

Updated my OP / as aforementioned, Echo for Imperator and Tectus. LM is best in all situations, Storm Ele is fucking garbage and Fusion not buffing the dot portion of Flame Shock is pathetic and a massive oversight.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer

EM for Kargath because the burst is often needed to push shield phases fast enough, it's personal preference of course, but the biggest reasoning behind using EM is because of its' synergy with Coin and Wolves.

Updated my OP / as aforementioned, Echo for Imperator and Tectus. LM is best in all situations, Storm Ele is fucking garbage and Fusion not buffing the dot portion of Flame Shock is pathetic and a massive oversight.
    Is EM used just as much even if you don't have coin? Unfortunately I don't have 80k to drop on it so will probably never have it lol. And is UF only used for AOE fights?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have the coin, EM seems weak. I suppose it also depends on the fight length.

without coin, EM only really sync with wolves

with wolves on pull with EM ~ 130k
    without ~122k

my PE does around 455k damage with EM (with alch trinket/captive micro aberration)
    normal FE does 300k (captive micro aberration/ grandoise plans)

does not seem to be worth considering having to lose passive haste

I should have done tests with same trinkets but i just wanted to see my PE damage with a trinket use/proc

I wish I had the coin. With that said I feel like PE and EM just work in all situations and have come out on too for me every time (with LM)

I just cant get as much damage out of AS ever. Em with fire eke wolves and ascendence as much as u can seems to be the front runner. I can see eote for those fights though but its almost a bit overkill.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    What bout the Twin Ogrons ?

Deleted
    Last night (in Heroic) I used:

Kargath: EM, PE, LM
    Butcher: EM, PE, LM
    Brackenspore: EM, PE, LM
    Tectus: EE, PE, LM
    Twin Ogron: EM, PE, LM
    Ko'ragh: EM, PE, LM
    Imperator: EE, UF, LM

I will probably used similar talents for Mythic as well. Glyph choices seem more interesting than talents for this raid instance.
    Last edited by mmoc06f9f0d602; 2014-12-18 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Added mythic+glyph confirmation.

On kathath ( bladefist) mythic, I get sent up into the stands, where eote (with UF/LM) seems to shine.

For those that choose EM here, why EM when you gain a lot of crowd favour by killing the people In the stands fast. What are gaining by EM on this fight.

Am I missing something?

Esr.