Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Sure some people may like MM, just like some people like justin bieber music.
    Sure some people may like BM/SV, just like some people like justin bieber music.

Quote Originally Posted by PewpewNL View Post
    And yes, MM should be the top dps spec due to the sniper training.
    Does not work like this, never did, never will.
    Let me illustrate:

Early LK Affliction warlock
    (unable to perform w/o addons, high amount of abilities, high concentration required all the time, high error cost)
    -------------- ^^^ COMPLEX Above

MODERATE (MOST SPECS)

-------------- vvv EASYBelow
    (minimal error cost, small amount of abilities influencing the outcome)
    Sunwell Destro Warlock

!!! Setting aside the important issue of "top dps on WHAT" !!!

What I gathered from Dev interviews and comments (mostly GC, have no idea of Celestalon impact):
    - EASY spec should never be top dps
    - COMPLEX spec may but should not be top DPS
    - Between Easy and Complexany MODERATE spec can be top DPS, the goal is that all specs are close together

The reasoning behind this is (while it may NOT be true for you):
    - If easy spec is the top DPS the player perception is that the game requires no skill
    - If complex spec is the top dps, serious raiders burn out much quicker
    - Playing Moderate spec on the complex end is rewarding in its own right, psychologically - no need to make it top dog

So yes, MM is definitely on the Complex end of Moderate while SV (from what I hear) is on the easy end of MODERATE, but that does not mean that MM should be top.

Deleted
    I would literally bet my irl bank account the VAST majority of people would prefer MM's mastery to be changed. People will of course disagree with me on a forum cause hey thats what forums are for (people will argue about anything, even if they know they are wrong cause their lives are so empty they need to fill it with something....ANYTHING). But you hook these people up to a lie detector.....well the story would change. MM mastery is awful, no one enjoys this playstyle.
    Your argument is terrible, why is mastery that just increases damage of abilities more interesting, it adds nothing to game play apart from maybe prioritizing those abilities. With Sniper Training there is some meaningful game play added to really excel.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickdiculous View Post
    They just won't bring you to raid, because you are gimping yourself, and therefore the raid, but not playing the optimal spec.
    If anyone does that, they shouldn't be bringing a hunter anyway. They have no need to with 4 classes with higher dps plus heals and tanks to cover all buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Madrail View Post
    If anyone does that, they shouldn't be bringing a hunter anyway. They have no need to with 4 classes with higher dps plus heals and tanks to cover all buffs.
    Except that Hunters are the kings of Highmaul bitch jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Madrail View Post
    Hunters are great at doing bitch jobs you know.

Besides, demanding that one plays his class as well as possible is different from demanding that someone play a completely different class.

Only one specc can be in the top at any given time. Deal with it.

Not sure what makes everyone think that hunters are somehow amazing for bitch jobs - at least moreso than other classes.

Kargath: Stands are hardly a bitch job. Hunters can do them, but not really better than any other class at it. Kind of the opposite if you play MM, actually.
    Butcher: Plenty better "soak" classes for the Bounding Cleave here than hunters. Classes with way more (and versatile) defensives/simply high survivability.
    Tectus: Potential "bitch job" here is to double-Deterrence (or just single) and have all the Barrage fire land in one spot/more confined space. Other than that, no better.
    Brackenspore: Good flamethrowers.
    Ko'ragh: Hunters can soak here, not much better at it than mages/warlocks/balances/any class with a helpful bop. That goes for Butcher too.
    Twin Ogron: Rarely have to leave range. Hardly bitch job.
    Mar'gok: No bitch jobs.

Decent for bitch jobs. Not absolutely required. Fox is immense, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Ko'ragh: Hunters can soak here, not much better at it than mages/warlocks/balances/any class with a helpful bop. That goes for Butcher too.

Mar'gok: No bitch jobs.
    Margok as debuff dealer hunters are great. DPS while moving with your partner, also deterrance to take high stacked debuff.
    Ko'ragh you lose way less dps then others, when you move around to soak bubbles.

Quote Originally Posted by boonoob View Post
    Margok as debuff dealer hunters are great. DPS while moving with your partner, also deterrance to take high stacked debuff.
    Ko'ragh you lose way less dps then others, when you move around to soak bubbles.
    You'd be dumb to run out with the debuff (at least on Norm/HC) when you can just stand around, let it stack to low enough range, and then have a single person leave the grp and drop it with a defensive.

Sure, but the fight is hardly a DPS race, and we still have a narrower set of defensives.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Still waiting for them to re-tune the level-100 talents. Shouldn't it be getting obvious to the devs by now that there's a problem when every raiding hunter, regardless of spec, is using Lone Wolf/Adaptation?

I enjoy MM and SV pretty equally and will happily play either. But I want my friggin' pet back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    You'd be dumb to run out with the debuff (at least on Norm/HC) when you can just stand around, let it stack to low enough range, and then have a single person leave the grp and drop it with a defensive.
    Phase 3 or 4(the phase boss does 3 novas in a row?) the range on the debuff is ridiculously long when it is even at 7 stacks, so hunter and mage that can blink/disengage are great for that. I think we managed to do that phase with low number of the debuffs so I used both of my deterrances just to make sure the debuff doesn't deal damage at high stacks and so that it is not near anyone else at high stacks.
    Last edited by mmoc70389194d2; 2014-12-16 at 02:42 PM.

Deleted
    Well, I'm still going BM for the rest of the xpac even if its subpar. Can't take aimed shot or SV lack of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by boonoob View Post
    Phase 3 or 4(the phase boss does 3 novas in a row?) the range on the debuff is ridiculously long when it is even at 7 stacks, so hunter and mage that can blink/disengage are great for that.
    It's not a bitch job, it's just something you do.

Flamethrowing is the ultimate bitch job. Nothing else matters.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Not anymore. It's actually a great way to rank according to a few people here, the buff you get from clearing stacks decays 2x slower (every 4 sec instead of 2) and gives 30% more dmg per stack (13% instead of 10%).

Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    I used to love Survival but yall are kidding yourselves if you think Survival's going to be fun without Rapid Fire and Kill Shot. Literally no change, no big burst, nothing. You can't even properly multi-dot anymore.
    Yeah, boggles my mind how people can say SV is less boring than MM, where at least MM has KS and different priorities based on the boss HP. There is nothing to SV.

I find it easy to tell who I would never want in a raid when they refer to anything that assists in a kill as a "bitch job".

The only "bitch jobs" are ones people cheese to get someone higher on logs. Artificially stacking mobs and taking higher damage forcing more reactions from others to get higher aoe numbers makes them bitch jobs because they aren't contributing to anything but someone's vanity. Doing a necessary mechanic in a fight that only one or two people do throughout is not.
    Last edited by Jehosephat; 2014-12-16 at 05:38 PM.

What are you babbling about? MM is not fun cause you are mentally rooted in place, simple as that.
    No you're not, with Disengage you're decently mobile, especially if you have PH, and if Fox is rolling when you decide to move.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    I've done it in Mythic yesterday (don't know about the rate of decay being 2 or 4 sec yesterday, it was before hotfixes).
    I was first DPS with 37k dps.
    I like this bitch job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atirador View Post
    Well...

I know we need buffs on the other specs... But honestly after seeing the answer the blue gave... I got a bit skeptical about Blizzard plans for hunters.

So they want what with this? Casuals playing BM...? They know Raiders will still play the best spec.
    Where is this post at you're talking about? I'd actually like to read it.