Deleted

Ashran conquest points

I can't find this info anywhere since I'm not very smart. How do you gain conquest points for winning ashran? I got 350 points once, but do you always get this amount? Or do you get for the first time you win it and never after that? Do you get weekly or what? I'm totally confused.

First kill each day rewards 350 conquest and the epic quality reward box.

Um...I thought 200 was the max you could get from Asran. Anyway, you get conquest points from quests, some of them give cp anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    the box is a daily reward? always thought it was a weekly. well, nvm... with queques of 2-3 hours and upwards I'll never again see Ashran from the inside.... really really really looking forward to getting my "Warlord of Draenor" title soley by doing open world pvp........ thank you so much, mr holinka
    Last edited by finn; 2014-12-16 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    A chance at a conquest item every day? Horde on my realm hasn't won in weeks, like the Alliance needed a bigger advantage...
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Ashran can be won?!

Even on my heavily Alliance dominated server, it goes like this. The Alliance slowly pushes the Horde back to their starting base, then that troll boss comes out and aoe one shots everybody. Then the Alliance is pushed back to the flag, then we push the Horde back slowly to their base and the boss comes out and aoe one shots everybody.

Rinse and repeat till you realize you have better things to do.

All you need is a competent tank to hold the boss slightly off to the side where his whirlwind won't smack anyone just walking off the bridge, but enough so you're still in line-of-sight of the idiots who refuse to run off the bridge and into the base. The biggest problem here is the other morons who will try to taunt the boss onto the bridge and reset him.

My general run to winning an Ashran game is Find the artifact, push up the middle as Ret, respec Prot once Emberfall is captured, and then attempt to rocket boots to the boss to pull him while blowing every cooldown to ensure I don't die. If Kronus is spawned along the way, I swap over to Prot to tank him as well.

The artifact is pretty key to this for me; that 200% bonus damage makes it so only a taunt will lose me threat, makes Light's Hammer kill anything that comes into melee range of me, and doubles hp so I last a little longer for healers to hopefully notice me and keep me topped.

If I can find the artifact and keep it (or find it twice in a row), I'll generally win Ashran within a 30 mins outside of some tricky horde pulling shenanigans to counter me.

Quote Originally Posted by Random Word View Post
    Ashran can be won?!

Even on my heavily Alliance dominated server, it goes like this. The Alliance slowly pushes the Horde back to their starting base, then that troll boss comes out and aoe one shots everybody. Then the Alliance is pushed back to the flag, then we push the Horde back slowly to their base and the boss comes out and aoe one shots everybody.

Rinse and repeat till you realize you have better things to do.
    The boss' aoe is silly easy to avoid...
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Ashran Conquest is as follows:
    Daily win = 350 (+ epic box which a chance at conq gear)
    Side objectives = 125 each
    Kill opposing faction summon boss = 25
    Kill Ogre king bodyguard = 25

If you do all of the above in a day that's 900 points.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maekito View Post
    Ashran Conquest is as follows:
    Daily win = 350 (+ epic box which a chance at conq gear)
    Side objectives = 125 each
    Kill opposing faction summon boss = 25
    Kill Ogre king bodyguard = 25

If you do all of the above in a day that's 900 points.
    Thanks for the clear answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    damn i was thinking that box is weekly not daily :/
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Did you guys ever get a conquest gear from that box?

Quote Originally Posted by Random Word View Post
    Um...I thought 200 was the max you could get from Asran. Anyway, you get conquest points from quests, some of them give cp anyway.
    200 is what you have to get from Ashran for your cap, but you CAN get more than 200 from asharan overall in a week.

Chance at conquest gear should be removed until they actually fix trashcan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumaw View Post
    Did you guys ever get a conquest gear from that box?
    Took me 50 minutes from queuing to earning 450 odd conquest points and winning a 660 belt (not the one I ideally wanted but still better than 620).

Was a pretty good start to the week
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmmmmmBacon View Post
    All you need is a competent tank to hold the boss slightly off to the side where his whirlwind won't smack anyone just walking off the bridge, but enough so you're still in line-of-sight of the idiots who refuse to run off the bridge and into the base. The biggest problem here is the other morons who will try to taunt the boss onto the bridge and reset him.

My general run to winning an Ashran game is Find the artifact, push up the middle as Ret, respec Prot once Emberfall is captured, and then attempt to rocket boots to the boss to pull him while blowing every cooldown to ensure I don't die. If Kronus is spawned along the way, I swap over to Prot to tank him as well.

The artifact is pretty key to this for me; that 200% bonus damage makes it so only a taunt will lose me threat, makes Light's Hammer kill anything that comes into melee range of me, and doubles hp so I last a little longer for healers to hopefully notice me and keep me topped.

If I can find the artifact and keep it (or find it twice in a row), I'll generally win Ashran within a 30 mins outside of some tricky horde pulling shenanigans to counter me.
    As a tank it's just not that easy if the opposing team as any idea of what to do. All the enemy faction has to do is either deathgrip you deeper in and kill you, hit you with sinister spores a couple times in a row and watch your HP dip as you receive no heals or cyclone you so the boss loses agro and start dismantling everyone else. I haven't seen either side win Ashran in at least two weeks.

You can get the epic box everyday from a win, but it'll only contain a conquest piece once per week, rest of the week it'll hold shit blue items.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect