Thread: Freshly build

Deleted

Freshly build

Hey All,

You will probably be shooting me down right now, but im gaming for about 6 years on mac right now ^^(had the macs before i started gaming) And i feel its time for a change. Im hating the low graphics and fps issues i have in games.

Therefor i would like to get myself a real gaming pc, problem is that i don't know what to take for what i want to do with it. Witch is purely using it for playing games on ultra settings (wow, sc, lol,......) I hope some eu users are on, cause i have a budget from about 2000€. Hope someone here can make me a decent build 1 requirement though, has to be one with intel graphics and processor, cause ive been reading that AMD cause some fps issues in raids etc... Dunno if this is true?

Thnx in advance
    Raei

2000 is a massive budget for blizzard/light games that you play.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.98 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($134.97 @ OutletPC)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($81.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($109.99 @ Adorama)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($79.28 @ SuperBiiz)
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card ($349.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: Corsair 500R Black ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $1126.18
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-16 09:33 EST-0500

Generally this is enough to play everything ultra that exists right now, therefor its a massive overkill for Blizzard games.

Dont waste your money.. And i know thats dollars, prices US/EU are usually one to one so it helps give you an image, maybe 100e more since the GPU might cost more, or your country has everything +5+10euro.. but generally 1.2k euro is more than enough, and thats with an expensive case so can even save 50e.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I recommend tacking on a CPU Cooler to that and overclocking it to max out its potential since WoW is so reliable on single thread performance.

Something like a Dark Rock 3 (or Pro 3) or even a Noctua NH-D14 (Hyper 212 EVO would be a cheaper buy for mild overclocks). Can easily drop the case down to a 200R or something unless the OP just really likes the case, but honestly in the $100 price range something like a Phanteks Enthoo Pro would be a better buy.

If you'd rather not overclock the 4790k is always an option since it's well within your budget which comes stock at 4.4Ghz turbo boost. The hyperthreading bonus itself is useless for WoW but the stock clock speed would provide at least a 10% boost over a 4690k at stock. It's possible you may find a use out of the hyperthreading sometime during it's lifespan.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Deleted
    And thinking about the future, wouldn't i7 processor, extra memory and cooler be helpful?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RaecRaec View Post
    And thinking about the future, wouldn't i7 processor, extra memory and cooler be helpful?
    Extra memory can always be added. 8GB is all you'd need for gaming alone, but it's possible it could change a year or so from now. We typically can't predict the future.

i7 has no direct performance increase in gaming as of now as games don't use hyperthreading. The added stock voltage is the only real benefit at the moment which may or may not be worth the added money for you. Would help with streaming and video editing if you chose to do that in the future.

For the cooler, aftermarket coolers will run cooler and usually do it more quietly than stock. Also usually lasts longer. You NEED an aftermarket cooler if you're going to be doing any overclocking because the stock cooler sucks for the added heat, even if it's a basic Hyper 212 EVO. You don't need one if you aren't ever going to overclock but then again you don't really need a K series CPU or a Z97 board if you 100% completely refuse to ever overclock. If you're going to go for an i7, there isn't much reason not to go with the K series though because the non K series doesn't have the higher stock clock.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Man, 2K for a gaming system is a sweet budget. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor (£167.50 @ Amazon UK)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (£24.95 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Motherboard: MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£111.56 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£132.33 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£102.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£39.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card
    Case: Antec Twelve Hundred V3 ATX Full Tower Case (£149.72 @ Amazon UK)
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (£62.71 @ Amazon UK)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer (£10.46 @ Aria PC)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) (£71.60 @ Amazon UK)
    Total: £873.81
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-18 02:35 GMT+0000
    Last edited by skitszo; 2014-12-18 at 02:36 AM.

Your budget is a lot but perhaps it is good to let us know if you also require a monitor (or maybe 2), mouse, keyboard etc.
    Since most mac's come with a monitor/are a giant monitor