Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

damage of all abilities nerfed by 15% -> WW monks playing at 2400+

how is it even possible? the damage of all abilities was nerfed by 15% and still there are WW monks playing at 2400+ in 3s and 2s(!). Voltariux or whatever his name is even has 2500+ rating in 2s!!! wtf?! The damage of our abilities was average in PvP and then it got nerfed by 15%(!!!) because of PvE. HOW in hell does he kill a healer. I play at 2.1 rating and I strugglled killing a healer in 2s PRE 15 nerf. Now it's impossible for me. And still there is this Voltariux going strong at 2500. I wish he wasnt up there because now Blizzard will always say: just play as good as Voltariux. Your class is fine.

How dare monks play at such high ratings?!

Deleted
    WW monks at 2400 rating after a 15% damage nerf are arguably the best players in-game right now. or rather most definitely the best players.

/bow Voltariux

- - - Updated - - -

in the history of PvP there has never been a 15% damage nerf within 2 weeks. ever.

Maybe you should just learn to play better then. If he can do it, why can't you? If it's lack of dedication, lack of skill, lack of practice, lack of motivation, lack of stable internet, etc... that's on you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    Maybe you should just learn to play better then. If he can do it, why can't you? If it's lack of dedication, lack of skill, lack of practice, lack of motivation, lack of stable internet, etc... that's on you.

It's just hilarious that WW monks have to use all of their skills, have perfect keybinds etc while a fury warrior just activates his cooldowns > bladestorm > Dead monk.

edit: Not even kidding, went up against a Fury warrior as a Brewmaster with 210k hp + activated guard (60k~) and he killed me in the bladestorm. what's the cooldown on that thing, 1 minute?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    Don't forget that players like Volariux also play with the best players and have played with them forever. I saw a 2s game of Voltariux and Jimjim vs Ziqo and Blazin I believe and they rotated CCs extremely well. What Voltariux also does is keeping CDs behind as added pressure. What I mean by this is that he slowly killed the rogue Ziqo was playing with, without using his Hurricane Strikes at all.

Voltariux is one of those players who knows exactly when he's OK and when he isn't. That's only something you can achieve when you've played an absolute shit ton and know your limits as well as know your partners.

Honestly, your response Ham on Rye is rather stupid as well. Just because a monk like Voltariux is doing OK playing with 2 OP classes, does not mean that WW monks are in a good spot right now. I dare say that the only real viable comp for WW monks IS the comp Voltariux is playing, which is WW/DK/Hpal.

2v2 is a different story. WW Monks have always been great in 2v2 and he's playing with an hpal who's an absolutely phenomenal player.

As for killing people with the damage nerfs. Don't forget that damage is not everything. Utilizing your CC and interrupts correctly as well as having your healer help you with interrupts/CC goes a really long way. On your own as a WW monk you can't kill a great healer. However with your own healer assisting you, you can EASILY kill a healer. The trick is however is to help your healer out with the DPS sticking on him so that he can help you.

But yeah, even so, if you'd play a feral druid or any other melee that's more viable than a WW monk in 2s, I guarantee you that you'll have a much, MUCH easier time getting rating in 2s at the very least lol

TL;DR Great partners with OP classes in OP comps like Melee/Death Knight/Healer plus generally a great player is the reason why some monks are so high rated.
    Last edited by Terahertz; 2014-12-16 at 05:33 PM.

Deleted
    Because he is good and he probably gets carried a little by the other dps and healer.

Deleted
    These people are always out there, the ones who can elevate their class above its general status, who also play with partners who know very well how to use them. It used to be the hunters who consistently got Glad back through TBC and WotLK despite 99% of all other hunters failing to get to 2k.

waiting for the day people realize skill > nerfs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voluntaire View Post
    waiting for the day people realize skill > nerfs
    u woot? there is Voltariux - then there are r1 WW monks - then there is the rest.

the nerf hurts the r1 WW monks A LOT! (r1 WW monks do have skill as far as I can remember)

Quote Originally Posted by Karrados View Post
    It's just hilarious that WW monks have to use all of their skills, have perfect keybinds etc while a fury warrior just activates his cooldowns > bladestorm > Dead monk.

edit: Not even kidding, went up against a Fury warrior as a Brewmaster with 210k hp + activated guard (60k~) and he killed me in the bladestorm. what's the cooldown on that thing, 1 minute?
    Because the game is balanced around 1v1 combat...
    Nowish <Envy> Washed up, classic hero - Feral + War dps/tank PoV-> http://sv.twitch.tv/viss3

1st they got their rating before the nerf, OR they do the more likely thing and play BwM since its better than WW

Seeing as WW is the worst pvp spec in wow by a huuuuuuuge margain, its not even close to viable even though its argueably one of the hardest melee (rofl @fury warrs 4 buttons/combat rogues 3 buttons)

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post

in the history of PvP there has never been a 15% damage nerf within 2 weeks. ever.
    you are wrong about this. And the problem windwalkers have in pvp isn't their damage, its their survivability and utility.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    you are wrong about this. And the problem windwalkers have in pvp isn't their damage, its their survivability and utility.
    try downing rdruid Fnoberz and then come back and tell me damage isn't the problem

So wrong.

Warriors s9
    Ferals s9
    DKs s9

Hunters s5
    DKs s5
    mages s5

We've already had it 2 weeks ago with prot warriors and before that it was 6.0 SoO most classes get 15% - 30% nerfs

15% is nothing when your class is a joke op

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeches View Post
    So wrong.

Warriors s9
    Ferals s9
    DKs s9

Hunters s5
    DKs s5
    mages s5

We've already had it 2 weeks ago with prot warriors and before that it was 6.0 SoO most classes get 15% - 30% nerfs

when did all def warrior damage get nerfed by 15? nope.

link the bluepost of every of these nerfs back in the seasons ty

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeches View Post

Those 15-30% were to specific moves, and even out at most to 3.5-5% damage nerf.

Monk have a 15% actual Damage decrease. It is much worse.

Also, Vol is not playing WW, he is playing Brewmaster.

when did all def warrior damage get nerfed by 15? nope.

link the bluepost of every of these nerfs back in the seasons ty
    "THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE" *doesnt link a source*

"no, it has, like 2 dozen times and probably more than that" "LINK YOUR SOURCE BRO"

I really like these kind of discussions

Quote Originally Posted by Karrados View Post

Why did you stand in an Enraged + Recklessness + Bladestorm combo?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Those 15-30% were to specific moves, and even out at most to 3.5-5% damage nerf.
    glad + prot was nerfed by 7% literally like 15 days ago. You didn't even have to look back that far to be proven wrong

If you guys wanna pretend you are literally the only OP class to ever be nerfed (or overnerfed) go ahead. Meanwhile us Warriors, mages, rogues, hunters, warlocks, priests, druids, shamans, DKs, and paladins will be over here in the previously nerfed / overnerfed bench

Shit, even your own class has been heavily nerfed before. MW 5.1