Bad guild or strat

Hello, I play Prot paladin in an unnamed guild. I was wondering if we were the only guild having trouble on normal Imperator.

We spent around 4 hours on Sunday trying to down him with 20 people (we did have 1 person drop out and 1 person GKicked in the middle of the raid).
    I did make my fair share of mistakes but none of them caused a wipe (I walked through a mine once...) but I dont think that wouldve caused us to have this much trouble.
    We did get to phase 4 once (on the last attempt) but we still wiped to the force novas due to only having 4 healers.

So basically im wondering if its a strat issue or a bad guild issue because i dont think normal imperator was supposed to be this difficult.

Without logs it's kinda hard to know what you are wiping to, but some tips i can give as a tank:

-Make sure you never tank the reaver near the mages (tank it near the small adds). The mages give a damage aura to every other unit near them, so the reaver will destroy you if he's near 1 or 2 of the mages
    -Bloodlust in the last intermission phase, and nuke the mages/reaver down asap. We focused the reaver first, and killed the 2 mages afterwards
    -Interrupt the mages as much as possible

The last phase shouldn't be too hard if you get there without too many dead. Just make sure people are dodging the mark of chaos orbs.

Ok thanks we were tanking the little adds near the boss during the 2nd and third intermission and mages are dying 10 seconds before the boss ends the intermission.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have pugged it quite a bit (havent found a guild yet) and have successfully beat him. Huge things are avoiding all mines, they are super easy to avoid and should never be triggered by anyone, (To tell who triggered look for the debuff). Phase 4 is easier than it feels, keep stacked like in all the other phases, move properly for mines and at 5 seconds till force nova have everyone (even melee) spread out, wait through the pulsing and then stack back up.

Gkicked during raid? Dam what happened, never seen that before.

I'm quickly coming to realise Imperator needs a higher number of healers than other fights. 5 in 20 sounds about right. I'm a big advocate of not taking too many healers but this fight seems to be the exception.

We tried to 5 heal HC imperator on HC last night with 23 people (which is definitely not impossible). However, when I nerded out over logs today theres a LOT of kills with 23 people and 6 healers and even 25 people and 7 isn't unusual.

Apart from that, "un-named guilds" and "no logs", get ready for lots of generic answers.

Normal Imperator is a big step up compared to the other normals who just kind of fall over after a few attempts. If you haven't (can't know bc you didn't say your guild) you should try some of the hc bosses, kargath is easy, butcher is just a pure numbers fight, either you have the dps/hps required or you don't, and twin ogron is very similar to the normal version.

gkick during the raid on NORMAL ? lol delusional GM much?

A lot of people have been saying this fight is a lot harder than most normal fights, and even some heroic fights. After about 2 hours of attempts our first night we were able to push him into P4, but were not able to secure the kill. On sunday we had an optional raid day and changed the strat a bit. Went in with 13 people (2 Tanks 3 healers) and were able to down him after the adjustments. I would say if your damage is competent and you guys stop taking mine hits, you should be able to get him down.

Here are my cliffnotes from another Imperator thread, might help you our strat wise. if you have more specific questions, let me know: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post31161807

Warrior - Twitch - Twitter Sig by: Isilrien

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    It also may be alot harder due to a bug that causes the mines to detonate on players that are not standing in them. So, kicking someone from the guild sounds like there was more issues between guildmaster and member then normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    It also may be alot harder due to a bug that causes the mines to detonate on players that are not standing in them. So, kicking someone from the guild sounds like there was more issues between guildmaster and member then normal.
    What bug is this? Where is it documented? Have not heard of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    I have not heard of any of this bug & OP considering your guild is struggling. Stepping into the mine either will wipe your raid or cause alot of strain on healer mana.

If anyone hits mines, they should be kicked. There is absolutely no excuse for it. Best strat for this is tank boss in center and have raid stack and rotate in a circle around the boss. Only way you can ever hit a mine is if you don't move when the group moves/mine spawns, or if you stand in a position where you're gonna get knocked back into them, which should only be a stupid melee issue as you'd have to be a REALLY stupid ranged to let that happen. if melee stay on his ass and boss is always facing away from raid, this never happens.

Hitting mines is inexcusable. Arcane wrath really doesn't do that much damage in normal to worry about. Just keep everyone stacked and when it makes it's 6th stack jump, whoever gets it runs away from raid and profit.

Biggest problem most people seem to have with the fight is the high healing requirement in the final phase. Bad healers are OOM at this point and can't keep up with the damage. If you wipe in the final phase, and people aren't doing something stupid like stacking during novas, it's a healing issue. Replace shit healers, profit.

The whole "theres a bug that pops mines when no one is standing in them" sounds like horse shit to me. At this point I have killed normal Imperator 8 times and heroic Imperator 12 times and have NEVER seen this happen once. Most likely some idiot melee got knocked into one after a force nova or add explosion in phase 2. People fuck up and don't own up to their mistakes all the time, there is no bug from what i've seen.

This is actually one of my biggest pet peeves about running with bad guilds/players to help them out (which I often do because of friends), whenever something wipes the raid the first thing they say is "it must be a bug". Makes me want to murder them.
    Last edited by Dasani; 2014-12-16 at 10:58 PM.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by hashtags View Post
    I have not heard of any of this bug & OP considering your guild is struggling. Stepping into the mine either will wipe your raid or cause alot of strain on healer mana.
    Browsing the Official Forums, this is actually a bug. Have yet to run into it but they arnt lying about it.

Deleted
    Imperator is actually very easy both normal and heroic.

His mechanics is easy as hell to handle, the only thing that should wipe you is A you lack dps or B lack healing.

Nothing else.

that being said as above says linking eveyrones dps can give u a pretty clear call if you can kill him or not.

anyone doing less than 15-16k(wich is VERY low btw) that is a dps should not be in that raid.

I'm quickly coming to realise Imperator needs a higher number of healers than other fights.
    Last edited by uytpiconsw; 2014-12-17 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by uytpiconsw View Post
    I'm quickly coming to realise Imperator needs a higher number of healers than other fights.
    Emperor checks:

Execution:
    Kick anyone who can't do this:
    - Avoid detonating the mines (not now, not ever, no excuses)
    - Switch to Aberration immediately (now, right now, no excuses)
    - Switch to the Adds in the timely manner & in the correct order on intermission
    - Move out of range of Mark of Chaos p3

Warn anyone who can't do this:
    - Keep the Nether Blast (Ogre AOE cast) from the raid when Fixated upon
    - Move as a team (except p4)
    - Correctly pass/take/carry the Arcane Wrath debuff (especially in p2)
    - Running through/avoiding the Arcane Nova
    - Avoiding the Spheres in p4

Tanking
    Kick anyone who can't do this:
    - Not blow up DPS with Mark of Chaos except in p3

DPS
    Hard checks (kick lowest DPS by the adds damage meter until you get this):
    - Aberration dying in seconds (don't remember the exact number), except for the Fortified Aberration who should barely reach the stone circle
    - 2 ogres dead by the Intermission ends
    - Small adds dead before Aberration spawn after Intermission ends

Soft checks (consider kicking lowest dps or adding healers, if you consistently do not meet this):
    - p2, p3 length in healer mana. Hard to get the exact estimate, but 50% of your healers, those specced into non-stacked group AOE should have >50% mana by p4.

Healing
    Soft checks:
    Replace bad healers or Bring more healers or remove DPS until you reliably get 50% of your healers, those specced into non-stacked group AOE, having >50% mana by p4.

And that's how we cooked that particular duck. It literally went through phases:
    Start Learning the fight => Kick and replace people who can't execute => kick and replace low dps for hard checks => balance the healing and dps requirements to meet the soft checks => kill

Adding the important thing:
    - Make sure to make frequent short breaks to let people cool down and get their concentration back
    - Stay hydrated & remind your raid to do the same
    Last edited by Ellerain; 2014-12-17 at 12:18 PM.

Deleted
    Honestly, the tank shouldn't be blowing up DPS with the mark in Phase 3 either. It's clear when the boss is about to cast it, the tank should have no problem getting out in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzah View Post
    Imperator is actually very easy both normal and heroic.

His mechanics is easy as hell to handle, the only thing that should wipe you is A you lack dps or B lack healing.

Nothing else.

that being said as above says linking eveyrones dps can give u a pretty clear call if you can kill him or not.

anyone doing less than 15-16k(wich is VERY low btw) that is a dps should not be in that raid.
    Thanks for a useful and insightful response.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it