Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hello! Looking for help for our prot paladin tank on heroic tyrant. He just keeps dying and we aren't 100% sure why. I'm happy to give some more info, I'm just not too sure what to say.

logs from tonight- https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/PL14fXM7vxW2DtNK/#

armory- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...alaedis/simple

Any help appreciated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Selinarine View Post
    Hello! Looking for help for our prot paladin tank on heroic tyrant. He just keeps dying and we aren't 100% sure why. I'm happy to give some more info, I'm just not too sure what to say.

Any help appreciated.
    He has somewhere in the realm of 20 fewer casts than he should have every minute with EmpS (i.e he's not pressing his buttons enough) and for God knows what reason he has almost as many WoG casts as he has SotR casts when the ratio should be at the very least 3 SotR casts to every WoG, and preferably something more like 10:1 or 20:1.

I don't know if it's because his healers have a history of just not healing him or whatever, but quite frankly the best advice I can give you is to tell him to simply unbind Word of Glory. He's getting himself killed by massively overusing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Selinarine View Post

Any help appreciated.
    Well, I don't know this raid at all, granted, but I'm bored at work and can see that your tank doesn't know the fundamentals of this class. Like PTS said he is using his AM backwards. With this said I am not sure what your healers are doing and how the tank managed to have such low uptimes on spells like rejuv.

Deleted
    Hey guys.

I recently took up tanking on my paladin. I tried it for a short while during Mists of Pandaria so I don't have much experience with the spec. I feel very overwhelmed and I'm scheduled to tank HFC HC/Normal tomorrow so I'm incredibly nervous. Should I go with Holy Shield to make it easier on me or go with empowered seals and only stay with the 20% buff and avoid swapping? I appreciate any and all help you can give me!

My armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Fudgedunker/advanced

Armory Link:
    cant post links so: us.battle.net/wow/pt/character/azralon/Mariante/simple

Alternate Specs/Glyphs:
    i dont change glyphs usually, and my off spec is holy, but i never play it, because i dont know it

Worldoflogs Link:
    i dont know how to use it, but ill edit as soon as i learn it

Questions, concerns, expectations:
    i have never done a real raid, but i have done every LFR untill now (walled city to killrog), and tonight ill do my first raid with my guild, tanking heroic brf.
    this is my first tank and i had wiped sometimes in lfr, what worries me, and my concern is how do i know when i have really failed and when was my mates fault
    also, i had a very bad time at the beginning as tank, i died a lot in heroic dungeons so i started to heal my self more oftenly, thats why i dont use sacred shield but eternal flame, and the question is: is it fine to heal myself during the fight or should i focus in using my holy power to deal damage and leave like 2 hp so i can heal myself when i really need (like when i would use lay on hands)
    my dps too is low, im dealing like 16k but im not too worried about it. i preffer having all mobs on me than dealing damage, so i dont use the glyphs of focused wrath (holy wrath one target) and the avenger shield single target but 30% more damage. am i right on giving up on dps to deal some aoe damage and keep the aggro or should i deal more damage and try keeping every mob on me?
    also, is it fine to use hand of protection (physical immunity and disarm) on physical dps allies when they are about to die?

Description of Playstyle:
    when it comes to kill thrash, i preffer having every mob pulled so we can kill it quickly and go forward, so oftenly i use speed of light to pull many thrash i can and keep up tanking them, sometimes things go badly
    i use every hand i can, hand of salvation goes on my focused target (mostly the healer), hand of sacrifice mosty on the other tank or a dying ally, hand of protection on a dying ally (i preffer using this than sacrifice) and hand of freedom when i see a cc'd ally, but mostly it doesnt work.
    im not desesperated when using my cds, i always cast divine protection when im about to be bursted, because of the 20% physical and magical reduction (glyphed), when im kept being bursted, guardian of kings, if im about to die, argent defender and lay on hands if needed (healers in lfr can be quite challenging). if i have to use divine shield, i always try taunting the boss (it keeps hitting while the duration is on)
    i oftenly heal my self with eternal flame, mostly when i have used shield of righteous 5 times and its healing is incresed by more than 100%, sometimes i heal a party member, but rarely.
    i like going the simple way when it comes to fights, even if it takes more time, a long fight can be shorter than two short fights, and you have to repair and the raiders can be demoralized.

- - - Updated - - -

sorry for double post, couldnt edit mine somehow
    i have another question:
    is worth swapping holy shield for empowered seals for a better DPS?

Deleted
    Hello guys,

I am currently asking myself if our pal prot is performing well in HFC , as I've found myself having issues healing him in multiple fights. I am no expert in the matter and would like to know if there are some recommendations I could tell him in order to improve our raid and progress throughout the mythic that we've started recently

Here is his armory : http://eu.battle.net/wow/fr/characte...3%B8n/advanced

And here are our latest logs : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...fKjHPt#fight=1

Hope you guys can help us out

Quote Originally Posted by Wakyx View Post
    Hello guys,

I am currently asking myself if our pal prot is performing well in HFC , as I've found myself having issues healing him in multiple fights. I am no expert in the matter and would like to know if there are some recommendations I could tell him in order to improve our raid and progress throughout the mythic that we've started recently

Hope you guys can help us out
    SS uptime is low. Maintaining 90%+ uptime will get your self healing up a bit more. Comparing to my heroic clear night we both did ~23m absorb from 2pc, my SS did 19m and his did 11m.

Personally I subscribe to the PraiseTheSun maths of Haste>Mastery, there is plenty to read on that in the main Prot thread.

Hope that helps.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by henzo View Post
    Armory Link:
    cant post links so: us.battle.net/wow/pt/character/azralon/Mariante/simple

Alternate Specs/Glyphs:
    i dont change glyphs usually, and my off spec is holy, but i never play it, because i dont know it

Worldoflogs Link:
    i dont know how to use it, but ill edit as soon as i learn it

Questions, concerns, expectations:
    i have never done a real raid, but i have done every LFR untill now (walled city to killrog), and tonight ill do my first raid with my guild, tanking heroic brf.
    this is my first tank and i had wiped sometimes in lfr, what worries me, and my concern is how do i know when i have really failed and when was my mates fault
    also, i had a very bad time at the beginning as tank, i died a lot in heroic dungeons so i started to heal my self more oftenly, thats why i dont use sacred shield but eternal flame, and the question is: is it fine to heal myself during the fight or should i focus in using my holy power to deal damage and leave like 2 hp so i can heal myself when i really need (like when i would use lay on hands)
    my dps too is low, im dealing like 16k but im not too worried about it. i preffer having all mobs on me than dealing damage, so i dont use the glyphs of focused wrath (holy wrath one target) and the avenger shield single target but 30% more damage. am i right on giving up on dps to deal some aoe damage and keep the aggro or should i deal more damage and try keeping every mob on me?
    also, is it fine to use hand of protection (physical immunity and disarm) on physical dps allies when they are about to die?

Description of Playstyle:
    when it comes to kill thrash, i preffer having every mob pulled so we can kill it quickly and go forward, so oftenly i use speed of light to pull many thrash i can and keep up tanking them, sometimes things go badly
    i use every hand i can, hand of salvation goes on my focused target (mostly the healer), hand of sacrifice mosty on the other tank or a dying ally, hand of protection on a dying ally (i preffer using this than sacrifice) and hand of freedom when i see a cc'd ally, but mostly it doesnt work.
    im not desesperated when using my cds, i always cast divine protection when im about to be bursted, because of the 20% physical and magical reduction (glyphed), when im kept being bursted, guardian of kings, if im about to die, argent defender and lay on hands if needed (healers in lfr can be quite challenging). if i have to use divine shield, i always try taunting the boss (it keeps hitting while the duration is on)
    i oftenly heal my self with eternal flame, mostly when i have used shield of righteous 5 times and its healing is incresed by more than 100%, sometimes i heal a party member, but rarely.
    i like going the simple way when it comes to fights, even if it takes more time, a long fight can be shorter than two short fights, and you have to repair and the raiders can be demoralized.

- - - Updated - - -

sorry for double post, couldnt edit mine somehow
    i have another question:
    is worth swapping holy shield for empowered seals for a better DPS?
    #1 Enchants Enchants Enchants!!

#2 SS > EF in almost all scenarios.

#3 Pally damage is pretty low so don't have big expectations.

#3 "is it fine to heal myself during the fight or should i focus in using my holy power to deal damage and leave like 2 hp so i can heal myself when i really need" : It is better to think about it as reducing incoming damage with SotR rather than doing damage. You need to be aware of how much health the rest of the raid has. If everyone is really low it may be a better choice to heal yourself rather than focus on future reduction. It helps when you get to play with the same group so you can learn what to expect your healers to do.

#4 "i preffer having all mobs on me than dealing damage, so i dont use the glyphs of focused wrath (holy wrath one target) and the avenger shield single target but 30% more damage. am i right on giving up on dps to deal some aoe damage and keep the aggro or should i deal more damage and try keeping every mob on me?" : When starting out you need to focus on keeping aggro and staying alive.

#5 "i use every hand i can" : Don't. In rare cases freedom and slav can be useful but they are almost never worth the GCD. Hand of Sacrifice is very much worth using but "Glyph of Hand of Sacrifice" is a must.

#6 "i oftenly heal my self with eternal flame, mostly when i have used shield of righteous 5 times and its healing is incresed by more than 100%, sometimes i heal a party member, but rarely." : See #2 also I never use my HP for anything but my own survival.

#7 I recommend using HA over DP, the burst survivability is very useful and addicting.

#8 hekili is a great addon that can help you get use to your rotation.

#9 Stick with HS don't bother with EMPS

I hope that all makes sense and answers some of your questions.
    Last edited by qwaffles; 2015-07-30 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by qwaffles View Post
    #1 Enchants Enchants Enchants!!

#2 SS > EF in almost all scenarios.

#3 Pally damage is pretty low so don't have big expectations.

#3 "is it fine to heal myself during the fight or should i focus in using my holy power to deal damage and leave like 2 hp so i can heal myself when i really need" : It is better to think about it as reducing incoming damage with SotR rather than doing damage. You need to be aware of how much health the rest of the raid has. If everyone is really low it may be a better choice to heal yourself rather than focus on future reduction. It helps when you get to play with the same group so you can learn what to expect your healers to do.

#4 "i preffer having all mobs on me than dealing damage, so i dont use the glyphs of focused wrath (holy wrath one target) and the avenger shield single target but 30% more damage. am i right on giving up on dps to deal some aoe damage and keep the aggro or should i deal more damage and try keeping every mob on me?" : When starting out you need to focus on keeping aggro and staying alive.

#5 "i use every hand i can" : Don't. In rare cases freedom and slav can be useful but they are almost never worth the GCD. Hand of Sacrifice is very much worth using but "Glyph of Hand of Sacrifice" is a must.

#6 "i oftenly heal my self with eternal flame, mostly when i have used shield of righteous 5 times and its healing is incresed by more than 100%, sometimes i heal a party member, but rarely." : See #2 also I never use my HP for anything but my own survival.

#7 I recommend using HA over DP, the burst survivability is very useful and addicting.

#8 hekili is a great addon that can help you get use to your rotation.

#9 Stick with HS don't bother with EMPS

I hope that all makes sense and answers some of your questions.
    hey hey, thank you for your support!
    as i said, the day i posted it was the first day i was raiding with my guild. the results? disaster.
    weve wiped at the operator boss in BRF hc for like 2 hours or something, but it was fine, considering ive joined in the middle of an ongoing raid, and there were some guild members missing so we had to pug some healers and dps
    the other day i kept reading about tankadin, founding out some glyphs, switching talents and we managed to kill gruul and ending the raid at oregogger (is it the name?), but even though, ive got a item or two, and the other day i farmed some items in tanaan, switched other specs (EF for SS, ES for HS), then the next day we killed 4 bosses, and 3 of them we didnt even wiped!!!

nuff said, the best way to learn was raiding, mixing up with my guild.
    im using execution sentence mostly for healing myself, but when BL comes out, i throw it on the boss (does it deal more damage?) and im using SotR as a damage reduction cooldown (when i know the boss is going to throw a burst, i leave enough HP for a SotR at the right time)
    so inestead of using SotR as a damage dealer, im using as a damage reduction buff, allowing me to exchange Divine Purpose for Holy Avenger (Santified Wrath doesnt seems good enough for me). the question is: when sould i pop Holy Avenger?
    also, is Execution Sentence the best choice? i mean, ive learned that there isnt the best choice, but every talent works fine with their playstyle (sometimes not) and i never tried anything other than Execution Sentence, so, is another perk i should consider?
    and
    Hand of Sacrifice must have the glyph, so im buying it. but what should i exchange for it? i think im going to place it in consecrator's slot, and will switch between final wrath and focused shield (aoe and single target, respectively)
    speaking of stats, my guild asked me to improve my mastery, as seems i have a low gear and mastery increases SotR's reduction, so whenever i need to deal with high bursts, i go for mastery food instead of haste, is it fine?
    btw, i got some gear improvement, check it out on my armory
    and again, thank you for your support, it helped me alot

- - - Updated - - -

speed of light gives me a buff for running with a high cooldown, how about long arm of the law instead?

Quote Originally Posted by henzo View Post
    hey hey, thank you for your support!
    as i said, the day i posted it was the first day i was raiding with my guild. the results? disaster.
    weve wiped at the operator boss in BRF hc for like 2 hours or something, but it was fine, considering ive joined in the middle of an ongoing raid, and there were some guild members missing so we had to pug some healers and dps
    the other day i kept reading about tankadin, founding out some glyphs, switching talents and we managed to kill gruul and ending the raid at oregogger (is it the name?), but even though, ive got a item or two, and the other day i farmed some items in tanaan, switched other specs (EF for SS, ES for HS), then the next day we killed 4 bosses, and 3 of them we didnt even wiped!!!

nuff said, the best way to learn was raiding, mixing up with my guild.
    im using execution sentence mostly for healing myself, but when BL comes out, i throw it on the boss (does it deal more damage?) and im using SotR as a damage reduction cooldown (when i know the boss is going to throw a burst, i leave enough HP for a SotR at the right time)
    so inestead of using SotR as a damage dealer, im using as a damage reduction buff, allowing me to exchange Divine Purpose for Holy Avenger (Santified Wrath doesnt seems good enough for me). the question is: when sould i pop Holy Avenger?
    also, is Execution Sentence the best choice? i mean, ive learned that there isnt the best choice, but every talent works fine with their playstyle (sometimes not) and i never tried anything other than Execution Sentence, so, is another perk i should consider?
    and
    Hand of Sacrifice must have the glyph, so im buying it. but what should i exchange for it? i think im going to place it in consecrator's slot, and will switch between final wrath and focused shield (aoe and single target, respectively)
    speaking of stats, my guild asked me to improve my mastery, as seems i have a low gear and mastery increases SotR's reduction, so whenever i need to deal with high bursts, i go for mastery food instead of haste, is it fine?
    btw, i got some gear improvement, check it out on my armory
    and again, thank you for your support, it helped me alot

- - - Updated - - -

speed of light gives me a buff for running with a high cooldown, how about long arm of the law instead?
    "when sould i pop Holy Avenger?" That is a tough question and it depends a lot on the flow of the fight. I am super greedy and always do the pulls so I can justify using HA on the pull w/ my pre-pot. After that I either use it during a time when killing something quickly is very important (Dogs on flame bender) or when you can expect lots of damage or you are about to me moving a lot, really anything that is going to make the healers be busy on people that aren't you. Lust & end of fight soft enrages is also a great time to use it.

Execution Sentence or Light's Hammer are both good, you should be switching back and forth depending on how many enemies there are on the fight.

For most of the BRF content I used Glyph of Sac, Glyph of DP and either Glyph of Final Wrath or Glyph of Focused Shield again depending on the fight.

As I said before I subscribe to the PraiseTheSun maths of Haste>Mastery, I am unsure how things look at lower ilvls atm but I have been stacking haste since the 6.1 changes and would advise doing the same. If you have a sub 400k HP you may consider using stam food till you get some more gear.

Speed talent is very much a preference/play-style talent. I used Speed of Light for every fight expect Kromog where I used Long Arm because of the need to speedily move out for every slam.

Quote Originally Posted by qwaffles View Post
    "when sould i pop Holy Avenger?" That is a tough question and it depends a lot on the flow of the fight. I am super greedy and always do the pulls so I can justify using HA on the pull w/ my pre-pot. After that I either use it during a time when killing something quickly is very important (Dogs on flame bender) or when you can expect lots of damage or you are about to me moving a lot, really anything that is going to make the healers be busy on people that aren't you. Lust & end of fight soft enrages is also a great time to use it.

Execution Sentence or Light's Hammer are both good, you should be switching back and forth depending on how many enemies there are on the fight.

For most of the BRF content I used Glyph of Sac, Glyph of DP and either Glyph of Final Wrath or Glyph of Focused Shield again depending on the fight.

As I said before I subscribe to the PraiseTheSun maths of Haste>Mastery, I am unsure how things look at lower ilvls atm but I have been stacking haste since the 6.1 changes and would advise doing the same. If you have a sub 400k HP you may consider using stam food till you get some more gear.

Speed talent is very much a preference/play-style talent. I used Speed of Light for every fight expect Kromog where I used Long Arm because of the need to speedily move out for every slam.
    well, thank you for you support again, and i think that were all my doubts, for now
    im liking tankadin more than i did before once i started understanding what was i doing and what should i do, thank you!

Prot Pally Log Help

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/jYzLPfwHcTW6gvC2

Our prot pally seems to be taking so much more damage as he should, can anyone see if he is using a poor rotation or what not?

Quote Originally Posted by Brianmage View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/jYzLPfwHcTW6gvC2

Our prot pally seems to be taking so much more damage as he should, can anyone see if he is using a poor rotation or what not?
    Not using the rotation properly - at all. Click on his name, goto 'resources' then select holy power from the drop-down. Its pretty awful (edit: not as bad on other fights, but still needs to be better). The entire purpose of the rotation is to build holy power quickly, and use it.

Running with SS, yet hardly using it. Should have near 100% uptime.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Tylardron/simple

Warcraft Logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/FXAPmckVtaw7Yh2b#fight=11

Looking for help in identifying and improving areas in tanking. Specifically Tyrant Velhari. She makes me feel like glass on phase 3.
    Also the normal version of Libram of Vindication seems to hardly ever proc. Am I supposed to spam /sit cancel aura macro? Thanks in advance!

Sorry I cannot post hyperlinks yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Tylardron View Post
    Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Tylardron/simple

Warcraft Logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/FXAPmckVtaw7Yh2b#fight=11

Looking for help in identifying and improving areas in tanking. Specifically Tyrant Velhari. She makes me feel like glass on phase 3.
    Also the normal version of Libram of Vindication seems to hardly ever proc. Am I supposed to spam /sit cancel aura macro? Thanks in advance!

Sorry I cannot post hyperlinks yet...
    First to address the LoV normal version, it's rather hard to proc it consistently throughout heroic since a lot of the content really shouldn't be hitting you hard enough or consistently hard enough to proc it outside of maybe Mannoroth and Archimonde, if you can get ACP / WUE or even EDH you're typically better off that way, you could cancelaura stuff and cheese by standing in stuff, but only if you can reliably keep yourself alive doing so.

On Tyrant it looks like you're either not receiving or not calling for external cooldowns at any point throughout the fight, if you're going to be blowing your major CDs in P2 to deal with the health decrease, you really need to get external cooldowns covering you throughout P3.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the reply Ferb! And I really need to improve on not wasting holy power!

Quote Originally Posted by Tylardron View Post
    Thanks for the reply Ferb! And I really need to improve on not wasting holy power!
    A good solid UI / Weakaura setup would be able to help you pretty easily with keeping an eye on your holy power and reminding you to use it when you cap out.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I am using one of Thecks old auras for sotr, where it dings at the 5 holy power cap...

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi,

I am an alt prot pally looking for some advice in tanking. I tend to get hit like a truck on my pally on most of the earlier Heroic HFC bosses.

I can see that I am wasting some HoPo. But I sometimes pool them for on-deman SOTR (e.g. on Kilrogg).

Logs--
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/h2P6dJXyvKQmxjNY

Armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...astha/advanced
    (Note: I didnt have 2pc till end of that log i.e. Gorefiend kill)

I would appreciate any help I can get to figure out why I get hit so hard.
    Last edited by Fayenoor; 2015-09-21 at 10:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    Hi,

I am an alt prot pally looking for some advice in tanking. I tend to get hit like a truck on my pally on most of the earlier Heroic HFC bosses.

I can see that I am wasting some HoPo. But I sometimes pool them for on-deman SOTR (e.g. on Kilrogg).

Logs--
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/h2P6dJXyvKQmxjNY

Armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...astha/advanced
    (Note: I didnt have 2pc till end of that log i.e. Gorefiend kill)

I would appreciate any help I can get to figure out why I get hit so hard.
    You cast Word of Glory far, far too much (as in, you cast it easily 5-10x as often as you ought to), which coupled with the basic issue that you aren't even remotely using your abilities on CD results in a SotR uptime of 17%.

Even with 0 haste, 50% SotR uptime is perfectly possible with HA. You simply need to stop standing around and start hitting your buttons. If you don't have anything that lets you easily track the CD on your abilities, get it.

I been tanking for the last month and a half for our raid, while I feel like i have a good grasp on what is going on with my class I still feel I lack a few things to really help take me to the next level, not gear wise but skill wise and I would just like a little help to at least me know if i'm on the right path or not. Here is my logs and armory. I just got my 2 piece and Anzu's cursed plume trinket on tuesday

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/93f2W1jGPMYnZqXz

Armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Zetrov/simple