10+ Year Old Account

Really Pist Off, Dissapointed in Bioware

So I clear through the new Revan content and I get to a point where it offers Solo Mode or Operation to complete the story, or I at least assume to complete the story, wanting to just get to it I click solo, and what am I getting to do, am I zoning into a solo instance like all the other solo/multi options,

NOPE,

It tells me to go do a bunch of other quests... in an area I was just in, that is overflowing with people, so I get to stand around and wait for crap to spawn to do the same tired old MMO quests. Not going to get to do the story part I was at! No I get to do some pointless fucking grinding.

WTF,

Bioware finally gets it right through most of the content by letting the story flow naturally with a solo mode that doesn't make you break from playing to go recruit people, then at the end, at what I am assuming is the climax, they make the solo mode a gigantic detour...

Did no one at Bioware learn what pacing means...

Oh and I am level 58, so the idiot who calculated out the XP gain per quest needs a boot in the ass, and the guy who thought up the 12x XP given his job.
    Last edited by Korgoth; 2014-12-17 at 09:52 AM.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you subbed?

I'm not, so when I level I fully expect to under level. There is plenty of flasks with bonus xp, have you used them?

Can't help myself, it's pissed* and disappointed*

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    So I clear through the new Revan content and I get to a point where it offers Solo Mode or Operation to complete the story, or I at least assume to complete the story, wanting to just get to it I click solo, and what am I getting to do, am I zoning into a solo instance like all the other solo/multi options,

NOPE,

It tells me to go do a bunch of other quests... in an area I was just in, that is overflowing with people, so I get to stand around and wait for crap to spawn to do the same tired old MMO quests. Not going to get to do the story part I was at! No I get to do some pointless fucking grinding.

WTF,

Bioware finally gets it right through most of the content by letting the story flow naturally with a solo mode that doesn't make you break from playing to go recruit people, then at the end, at what I am assuming is the climax, they make the solo mode a gigantic detour...

Oh and I am level 58, so the idiot who calculated out the XP gain per quest needs a boot in the ass, and the guy who thought up the 12x XP given his job.

What if it is the same person?

Apparent you didn't listen to the mission and why you are doing it all. You are solo grinding an invasion. You are taking out the leaders. The side quests you have to do are the dailies you will be doing later to grind the rep for Yavin IV. (that is if you do that sort of thing.) They needed to send you on this breadcrumb type quest for all those dailies because a couple are not at the terminal.

The continues all the way to revan as you complete this portion opening up the temple area once all your forces clear the way. (There is a brief speech about the good it caused killing the commanders)

I think it's more about you needing a reason to gripe about not making level 60 and just want 12X exp back. I used a exp boost and made 60 well before the end.
    Last edited by quras; 2014-12-17 at 02:39 PM.

Maybe it's a bit of a bait and switch to make it seem like you're about to fight Revan, but you really have to do the 6 quests and kill the 4 named Elites first.

Also I feel like I might not have hit 60 before getting to Revan had I not turned in a bunch of quests before even going to Rishi. It kinda seems like BioWare tuned the XP gain under the assumption that you would have to do the Forged Alliances solo FPs first.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

NOPE,

WTF,

I'm nearly level 59 and have only just started the second area of the Expac. skipping the Forged Alliance quests (since I had done them at 55), Only doing Story-line Quests and the few you pick up around them that are in the same area.

How are you fucking up this badly? have you never played an MMO before?
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2014-12-17 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gamz247 View Post
    SNIP....

Also I feel like I might not have hit 60 before getting to Revan had I not turned in a bunch of quests before even going to Rishi. It kinda seems like BioWare tuned the XP gain under the assumption that you would have to do the Forged Alliances solo FPs first.
    I don't think thats right.

I just recently ran a second toon that had not done the Forged Alliance stuff. So I got to run all 4 solo and I ran an EXP boost with that as well.

I gained 2 levels just from those 4 Flash points. I was 60 before I ever got to Yavin and IIRC, dinged 60 at the first couple quests in on the bird island on Rishi.

I really don't think they designed it for Forged Alliance to be completed first. (even though they want to make sure you do them if you have not - I think it just gives you a big head start, kinda like doing dailies before going to the expansion. My main was level 56 before ever sitting foot on Rishi.)

I'm guessing he's F2P. They don't get as much EXP and he probably didn't have an EXP buff. F2P having to grind a bit at the end and do those dailies a few times to reach max level I'm OK with to be honest. PLUS: Most are going to wait the reputation anyway.
    Last edited by quras; 2014-12-17 at 04:54 PM.

Are you free to play or sub Korgoth? F2P players don't get as much xp from quests or anything, which is why they sell xp boosts in the Cartel Market (which are available on the GTN).

Stop whining and understand what you're playing. You sound like a petulant child.

Just throwing this out there but every time you finish a quest there is a cartel market upgrade next to the XP gained from a quest for EVERY SINGLE QUEST. That must be some kind of clue to you that maybe there is something to that.

I was free to play and I ended at about 40% through level 59 by the time I finished all quests and this was starting at 1 XP from 56 from just doing massive warzones at 55. It does not surprise me in the least that you were only 58 by the end but from what I can tell you should still be able to finish everything you just won't make max level. If you do want to make max level you will need to run some dailies for about 5 days to make max.

IMO it is the price you pay for free to play which I am fine with and so should you be. If you want a better experience be prepared to pay for it.

Having experienced over 10 expansions/launches thorugh various games I can tell you that Bioware did good with this'n here. Very easy to buy/install and to play through at any sub level or availabilty. I will be leveling another Lvl 50 character to Lvl 60 that I haven't played in an xpac just because I have enojoyed leveling these past few days.

I cleared through three toons and on 2 of then I did not get to 60 and that was being Subbed and doin g 2-3 of the FA missions. I ONLY did the story stuff NO other missions. So yes if you do this then yes you will not hit 60 by Revan and that is not a BAD thing just means you need a bit more work.

I didnt give a flying hooo haa that I did not get max lvl before Revan and know that its MY fault. You sir just need to grind the dailies.

And I found the do 6 missions and kill leaders refreshing. It put me more in the story and made me feel like I was leading the way.

The reason you finished the storyline without hitting 60 was because you didn't/couldn't do the solo mode Forged Alliances. Those four flashpoints when run solo will give you about two levels, and it's where most people were lacking.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Some people ran the forged alliances quests at the 55 level cap when there was a content drought; is there an option to re-run them plus the connecting fleet and planetary quests?

Despite the forum rage, my subscriber friend IRL did warzones and still killed Revan at 58 and was stranded with no current content to carry him to max, AND he used an EXP boost. Several people on the Ootini podcast failed to hit cap too. There's a consistent problem with levelling across the playerbase, and its hard to pin down where the problem is, but simply dismissing it isn't the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelda82 View Post
    Some people ran the forged alliances quests at the 55 level cap when there was a content drought; is there an option to re-run them plus the connecting fleet and planetary quests?
    Not that I know of. If you ran the Forged Alliance story already and then click the terminal to progress to the expansion, it just moves forward. You do not get a restart. Nothing stops you from going back and doing them in a group though. There good experience at 55.

I didn't get to run them on my main and I got to do them again in various degrees on alts depending on where they were in the mission series.

Despite the forum rage, my subscriber friend IRL did warzones and still killed Revan at 58 and was stranded with no current content to carry him to max, AND he used an EXP boost. Several people on the Ootini podcast failed to hit cap too. There's a consistent problem with levelling across the playerbase, and its hard to pin down where the problem is, but simply dismissing it isn't the answer.
    If you are F2P you can expect to not hit level cap. That is a F2P downside as they get an experience penalty.

However, Subscribers can very easily hit max level (just turning in old quests from Section X, Black hole and oricon at 55 will net you a level or more) but lets say they didn't do that or missed something, skipped mobs and only didn't the minimum or didn't want to run an EXP boost and you do not hit max by the end of the story. You can easily continue to do the dailies for Rishi and Yavin V as well as run the new FP's as tacticals which support any level and any combination.

For whatever reason someone might not hit max level, It would still not be difficult to reach max level shortly after finishing the story.
    Last edited by quras; 2015-01-06 at 02:16 PM.

Deleted
    I recently resubbed and went through the forged alliances quests and the following storyquests. I was like 20% away from 60 when I finished revan. I dinged when I did the dailies there (which you really should do, since there is also one weekly that rewards a 192? follower weapon of your choice and one weekly that gives you a full (minus main/offhand) set of 192 equip for your followers.

If you don't see any dailies after finishing revan for the story, you might be too low. Revisit Rishi and do the dailies there. It also has a 5 minute daily that gives you a follower offhand item, so your followers get a full 192 equip (thus outgearing you if you only have questequip)