Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Barn lvl3 and trapping other people's tagged elite mobs

So, why is this possible?

Finally I scraped up enough resources to upgrade my barn and went out to do the given quest.. thought I'd try the wolves by the river.
    Find one and pull it, find out they hurt you bad but anyway, almost ready to trap it when this warlock comes strolling along and places his trap under my tagged mob and SUCCESSFULLY TRAPS IT.
    This should not work like this, unless you're in a party or something.

Anyone else had this happen to them?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is getting crazy on frostmourne us. The clefthoofs are tricky to trap, you have to move them. In comes people dropping and taunting it away from your trap. Once people realize you are actually dpsing them down and not leaching they stick to you like glue and you start losing heaps :S

10+ Year Old Account
    I got my level 3 barn last week, and i wanna kill people who do this >_>

Hunter - Monk - Warlock - Shaman - Paladin
    <Immersion> - Alliance 25 man guild @ Frostmane Stream

Deleted
    It's actually possible to trap the same beast an infinite number of times, given that all people place their traps in the same place. Of course this requires coordination and the passer-by who thinks it might be funny to hijack your beast probably won't be bothering about you getting your share.

You can even trap the same beast yourself twice, by placing the trap without moving and then moving the beast over it, and you'll get two caged beasts. It might cut down the time spent trapping if you either try to place your traps on top of others, or ask them to form a party.

Yea had some warlock on Shadowsong EU do the same to me, I tried to get back at him, but sadly failed in doing so (I just wanted the one he caught from me back). He then proceeded to keep trying to do it to me. My brother ported me to his realm and I reported the player for griefing. I thought it was not possible to trap other players their tags, hope they fix it soon.
    ~ stuff, the best thing ~

having taunt is op, if someone taps my mob before me it doesnt matter. Well played blizz

people who do this need to be punched in the face irl. Seriously.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I had it today on my lock. I was trapping the wolves and this rogue kept placing his trap and getting the cage. I bitched him out and he just told me to place my trap correctly. It doesn't matter, when it triggers you are SOL. Very annoying.

Yeah it's extremely bad form.

Make sure you have the trap ready at about 53% or something and move the clefthoof on it ASAP to minimise risk. With wolves it's harder because those mofos hit like a truck. Also if the other person has a taunt and you don't you're gonna have a bad time.

I have only seen it once or twice on my realm though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Dunno if it's working as intended but as it is right now more than 1 player can cap the same mob just overlap the traps. So start cooperating with peeple you see doing this becauase you'll all profit since you'll be able to bring their hp down way faster and speed up the process.
    Last edited by Tyresias; 2014-12-21 at 01:08 AM.

yea blizzard rly fail with stuff.
    Or like how others can skinn your mobs.

Joined specifically because I wanted to see what the word was here on this and contribute. Apologies for the necro...

I've seen folks argue all day that it's fair game since Blizzard hasn't fixed it and that you can all get traps if you cooperate. I've even seen people mention that you can trap the same beast twice if you're fast and coordinated enough, but here's the rub... The fact that you can effectively steal the loot (the caged animal) off of a mob that's been tagged and burned down by another player should be indication enough that it's not intended. The fact that you shouldn't be able to loot the same thing twice is also indication that it's not working as intended.

And so taking advantage of a situation that allows you to do either is considered exploiting. You can report the player doing it as cheating, and it can result in a ban or ill-gotten items removed from inventory.

I wouldn't take Blizzard's silence on the matter up to this point as permission. As with many things, Blizzard's first statements on things like the LFR exploit didn't come until they were already taking corrective action. People had rationalized that it was okay because the game allowed it and Blizzard hadn't spoken on it up to that point, and Blizzard's statement to guilds who got banned was pretty much, "You should have known better." My advice in this would be to not actively participate in it and to report players who do as cheating. (If you're in a 5-man group, that's likely the exception where this is okay.)

Deleted
    I reported a guy who repeatedly did this.
    I used a ticket, described that to the GM and told him how that was griefplay in my eyes (not just using the report-player-button) and the GM agreed with me and told me he was going to do something about it. Haven't seen the guy doing it since then so maybe it worked.

A warlock tried to steal my mob so I killed him 3x. Guess he learnt the lesson.

Deleted
    I see it as a part of the whole PvP (and a bit of my own RP) experience. I steal clefthooves too but only from the opposite faction (Horde) and of course the Horde is stealing my clefthooves... in my opinion it works better than Ashran.

I had this happen to me recently. It's incredibly annoying. I got the guy back but just left the area since I had what I needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Laterne View Post
    I see it as a part of the whole PvP (and a bit of my own RP) experience. I steal clefthooves too but only from the opposite faction (Horde) and of course the Horde is stealing my clefthooves... in my opinion it works better than Ashran.
    Would be fine if only opposite faction could do it, and it flagged for PvP. The problem is same faction people doing it and you really have no way of making them stop other than leaving for a while and trying later.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's possible to trap the same beast by many different people. I've trapped other people's beasts lots of time but I always make sure they've trapped it first so I don't accidentally prevent the tagger from getting his own beast.

I had a beast at 55% and then had a taunting war with a hunter, its total b.s.

Why do people even care? Just run to the trapped beast, place trap in the middle of the hitbox, KA-CHIING trap snaps, free meat for everyone. You can still trap them when they're already trapped, so if someone's doing it to you, just wait till he taunts and traps, then place your own. No harm no foul.