Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Survival hunters are topping Heroic Butcher atm with poorly weight MM secondaries.. The top Surv hunter on Butch is in a crit>mastery setup (I know his feels). Most of the SV hunters are also rolling focusing shot.

is it worth going sv? I mean want to because I like the spec but I have everything for MM stats, also what are the stats for surv? multistrike>crit>mastery?
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Deleted
    It's definitely worth going survival especially on fights with adds like Brackenspore or Tectus because of the serpent sting buffs just want to touch on the DPS mine raised dramatically when I swapped to survival I tried it out today in our HC runs and on our butcher kill I'd come second overall with almost 23k effective DPS compared to our MM hunter Vitya who had only done 20k. Not sure if it's the 7 ilvl difference or not (however he does have a better weapon than me more weapon damage op?!) our HC butcher attempted from last week (around the same time frame) With 1 ilvl difference had me pulling around 2-3k dps les. Might just be a comfort thing as I prefer Survival but so happy we have choice now between specs/encounters

Would post links to logs but new account and sadly I cannot :l

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually do more dps as survival now than MM and thats with only 1 multistrike piece. Survival seems to better until 35% because killshots but it makes up for it the rest of the fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    is it worth going sv? I mean want to because I like the spec but I have everything for MM stats, also what are the stats for surv? multistrike>crit>mastery?
    If you check recent logs, people are pulling the same numbers with Surv as others do with MM. I'm most likely going to run Surv for most fights now. Secondaries are a bit thrown atm. It was Crit>multi>Vers, recently it was Multi>Vers>Crit, but with that buff to SS it wouldnt suprise me to see Multi>Mastery=Crit or something

Does anyone have a good serpent sting tracking addon that is up to date for WoD? ForteXorcist seems to be the best one I've found. It works pretty well, but it is from 5.0.

ForteXorcist:
    Pros: Updates dots on mouseover. Casting multi-shot and running your cursor over the cluster of enemies gets all the info.
    Cons: If you cast multi-shot it doesn't even register that it's on more than one target unless you target/mouseover

Weakauras:
    Pros: It recognizes all the multi-shot targets as having serpent sting
    Cons: It doesn't have a timer unless you actually target the enemy

It seems it is possible to make a dang near perfect addon for this (if the serpent sting timer is hardcoded), but it has not been done.

Maybe we need to make an AffDots module for surv...

Quote Originally Posted by zurm View Post
    Maybe we need to make an AffDots module for surv...
    Actually, after trying like 5 dot addons I found Raven. It's nearly perfect, and it's better than all the alternatives for sure. I recommend it, although I haven't tested it in a raid yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodydemize View Post
    I actually do more dps as survival now than MM and thats with only 1 multistrike piece. Survival seems to better until 35% because killshots but it makes up for it the rest of the fight.
    nice profile pic Kappa
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Worth noting is that only three multistrike pieces exists in Highmaul - Boots, Cloak and legs. Boots and Legs are also the BiS pieces for MM, while the trash cloak is better than the brackenspore one.

This leaves the two specs with one interchangeable piece (cloak) which provides 100 multistrike or crit, and the neck+rings. Getting a second legendary ring is easy (although a little costly), so you could easily enchant two to have MS/Crit available.
    Then it comes down to just your neck and one ring actually having the "wrong" stat enchanted for either spec - and any gem slots, of course (which is a bit more of a bummer), but with no gems, you're looking at 125 crit difference from having just a cloak and a ring in your bags from the "optimal" running a MM offspec with surv main. And multistrike is still very valueable for MM.

Can't say I like either focusing shot, or the "slow" gameplay of surv. MM, in my eyes atleast, is still the king for add control - being able to burst down any adds with kill shots sub 35%, and deliver heavy instant damage to short lived but important targets (such as tectus' earthwarpers and spore shooters) is invalueable. Not to mention you'd still very much want to be MM for Koragh mythic so you can free people from the MC's.
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2014-12-19 at 07:39 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    SV is higher than MM according to simcraft (if you change talents to proper ones ofc, default ones suck).
    Why can't anyone update the SV score on http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T17M.html ??

The SV sim is with power shot and lone wolf, when it's obvious to anyone who's done testing on their own that if you don't need to move you do a lot better with focusing shot (and barrage or glaive toss). Basically SV should be a lot higher than that. I'd guess just by changing those talents the simdps starts with a 4 instead of a 3.

Are people gemming and enchanting MS for survival and does anyone know the stat priority?

Deleted
    Hi! Icyveins lists stat prio for SV hunters as Multistrike>Versatility>Crit>Mastery>Haste, is there some sort of mistake? Should I trust it? Versatility shouldn't be that high up imo.

Quote Originally Posted by ameer View Post
    Hi! Icyveins lists stat prio for SV hunters as Multistrike>Versatility>Crit>Mastery>Haste, is there some sort of mistake? Should I trust it? Versatility shouldn't be that high up imo.
    I believe it was this way on Azor's guide before it was edited.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have not raided as anything else but SV. I refused. Yes I was a bit low on dps in the beginning, but still none of the other hunters in my raiding group put me to shame (they had less then 2k dps over me). With the raid on wednesday I actually beat both of them on a couple of fights despite me still having the garry loom (Yes no weapon drops till today in LFR, and I did plenty of HC dungeons), so looking forward to seeing if the 640 weapon with socket will give me a bit of a dps boost.

I think most are saying SV if you gear and spec for it it does really well...So Multi+Crit+Focusing Shot

Screw it sv is close enough to mm that im switching lol. Assume i should replace all my crit enchants with multi (including ranged wep enchant?). On H butcher i pulled almost exact same as i did last week as MM with not much multi (only 416 right now). I said i didnt think SS buff was enough but it seems it is, im happy.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing survival since vanila and the only thing that can persuade me to play another spec is if other specs are turned into Survival spec. Playstyle -> DPS difference
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I've been playing survival since vanila and the only thing that can persuade me to play another spec is if other specs are turned into Survival spec. Playstyle -> DPS difference
    Well, that's just like, your opinion, man.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Well, that's just like, your opinion, man.
    You don't say.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side