10+ Year Old Account

Mythic BiS Trinkets

Hi!

So what is the BiS trinkets right now? I know Spoony simmed them all in his little thread, and for unholy it shows Tectus > Scabbard > Bottle for unholy. Link

After all the nerfs to that trinket is it still second BiS?

Deleted
    well it wasnt nerfed at all, the buff actually was a mistake.. it even got buffed from 2200 str procc for 10 secs to 2200 fpr 15secs.. because of that its so strong. I still think Scabbard is better in than heroic trinkets but i think mythic versions of trinkets are stronger

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekkles View Post
    well it wasnt nerfed at all, the buff actually was a mistake.. it even got buffed from 2200 str procc for 10 secs to 2200 fpr 15secs.. because of that its so strong. I still think Scabbard is better in than heroic trinkets but i think mythic versions of trinkets are stronger
    Yeah it started with 220vers 2200 str for 10 sec > 0vers 2200 str for 15 sec > 150ish? vers 2200 str 15 sec and then back to just 2200 str 15 sec

And yeah it beats all the heroic trinkets but does it beat the mythic ones do i coin tectus and brackenspore or not :>

Deleted
    I've noticed Scabbard's actually giving me 2,425 strength.

No proc - http://i.imgur.com/wKKnpq1.jpg

With Proc - http://i.imgur.com/xuEmt3R.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    I've noticed Scabbard's actually giving me 2,425 strength.

No proc - http://i.imgur.com/wKKnpq1.jpg

With Proc - http://i.imgur.com/xuEmt3R.jpg
    You get 5% more STR from Unholy Might passivly

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    10%, actually
    Ah it's at 10% right now? It's so hard to keep up with where it ends up lol

Deleted
    Yeah I know about Unholy Might but when I noticed I thought 5% of 2200 isn't 225.

I thought Unholy Might got reduced with that Scourge Strike and Necrosis buff we had in October.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekkles View Post
    I'm guessing Heroic Foundry is where we'd replace Scabbard.
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2014-12-19 at 12:44 AM.

Deleted
    scabbard is the bis all the way to blackrock foundry, for UH i am not sure but for 2h frost its brackenspores trinket with versitility, until you get forgemaster.

for UH its tectus living heart.

Crit sucks for 2h frost sadly :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    Yeah I know about Unholy Might but when I noticed I thought 5% of 2200 isn't 225.

I thought Unholy Might got reduced with that Scourge Strike and Necrosis buff we had in October.

I'm guessing Heroic Foundry is where we'd replace Scabbard.
    forgemaster > all other trinkets. normal drop even, its just that powerful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzah View Post
    scabbard is the bis all the way to blackrock foundry, for UH i am not sure but for 2h frost its brackenspores trinket with versitility, until you get forgemaster.

for UH its tectus living heart.

Crit sucks for 2h frost sadly :/

- - - Updated - - -

forgemaster > all other trinkets. normal drop even, its just that powerful.
    Okey thanks, well I got both the highmaul trinkets on mythic so I can go frost for the fights that needs it!

Scabbard, tectus mythic and bottle mythic are all almost equal, placing is basically a matter of your personal gear setup. Would still prefer the scabbard above the two, just because its controlled burst and therefore can easily perform above its average value.

For BRF Vial of convulsive shadows is #1 BiS, forgemasters is only second by now, latest trinket changes like 2 weeks ago changed the order again and as that is also a use trinket and includes the possibility of performing above its average value, making the trinket even better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raikh View Post
    Scabbard, tectus mythic and bottle mythic are all almost equal, placing is basically a matter of your personal gear setup. Would still prefer the scabbard above the two, just because its controlled burst and therefore can easily perform above its average value.

For BRF Vial of convulsive shadows is #1 BiS, forgemasters is only second by now, latest trinket changes like 2 weeks ago changed the order again and as that is also a use trinket and includes the possibility of performing above its average value, making the trinket even better.
    On the vial of shadows, forgemaster actually wins, if u are not unlucky, also when u pop BL it take a high dip upward in what it provides.

They are very close to eachother i however agree that vial of shadows and forgemaster will be the ones you use.

you will replace scabbard last of the two trinkets you use from HM/boe drop.

So basicly you will replace your beating heart or brackenspore trinket with vial of shadows, and use the forgemaster instead of the scabbard.

Reason for this is the passive stats increases your damage so much that the USE effect from scabbard, sure it will increase your damage a bit more for its duration and give you more dmg.

However in a course of a fight it wont due to their passiveness.

also i suggest you save the scabbard dont vendor it, we dont know what fights comes next and if there comes a fight with 2min cd ability where you will need that burst.

So keep your scabbard by all means it still will serve its purpose maybe.

After next content(after BRF) and you can see what drops there trinketwise you can easy evaluate if its vendor time or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzah View Post
    On the vial of shadows, forgemaster actually wins, if u are not unlucky, also when u pop BL it take a high dip upward in what it provides.
    Forgemaster mythic has 424 Str and a MS proc worth ~280 stats. Vial has 422 Str and a MS proc worth ~323 stats.

BL does nothing for forgemaster, as RPPM does not scale with haste unless its a flat dmg proc. So if you get an extraordinary amount of procs during BL thats pure luck and nothing more. You also need 3 forgemasters proc during BL to beat one vial proc in BL, since vial lasts longe rthan forgemaster.
    Vial on the other hand can be lined up with CDs, wasted procs can avoided by slight delays if transmission like on Mar'gok kick in at a unfavorable moment trinket wise and it provides more stats average on paper.

They are somewhat close, but in practice Vial outshines it, proccluck can of course turn it to forgemaster but that is far from reliable and can also be the other way around.

Deleted
    vial is use, not procc.

Thus why its higher the upkeep is lower than forgemaster http://www.wowhead.com/item=113969&bonus=0 here is the item i am talking about.

During a long fight forgemaster serves more dps gain than vial of shadows(unless you are very unlucky as i stated above)

Excuse me using the wrong word. Still doesn't change the numbers, do the basic math of those trinkets and you see that vial offers on average more stats. Everything else is unreliable proccluck and has rarely significance for determining the best items.

- - - Updated - - -

I just ran sims for me on this about an hour or so ago.

Assuming access to all trinkets heres the order you should prioritize them as

Mythic Tectus>Mythic Bottle>HWF Tectus>Scabbard>HWF Bottle>H Tectus>H bottle>....

Basically what this means is assuming you kill mythic tectus and bracken you want both of thier trinkets.
    At a heroic level you want A Tectus trinket warforged or otherwise and a Scabbard.

The Scabbard is weaker than both Multistrike trinkets from heroic BRF. So if you still have it when that time comes, get rid of it for one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    10%, actually
    It's actually 5%....

My DK in frost spec has 3511 strength
    Unholy spec has 3686 strength

Just to add.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunick View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

I just ran sims for me on this about an hour or so ago.

Assuming access to all trinkets heres the order you should prioritize them as

Mythic Tectus>Mythic Bottle>HWF Tectus>Scabbard>HWF Bottle>H Tectus>H bottle>....

Basically what this means is assuming you kill mythic tectus and bracken you want both of thier trinkets.
    At a heroic level you want A Tectus trinket warforged or otherwise and a Scabbard.

The Scabbard is weaker than both Multistrike trinkets from heroic BRF. So if you still have it when that time comes, get rid of it for one of those.
    Thank you, got both Tectus and Bottle Mythic this reset! :> scabbard is damn awesome for the demand burst tho <3