Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Does multistrike cap at 100%?

I was watching my procs today in Highmaul and realized I often go over 100% with procs. So I was wondering if anybody knew if it caps at 100% and everything else is just wasted or it keeps scaling and we can double dip on it above 100%. If the answer is out there somehow I have overlooked it. Thanks for any info.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Yes

/10char

So anyone know the optimal raid buffed multistrike % taking into account icy veins glyph and frostwolf enchant?
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Deleted
    I think there was such question in the mage discussion thread before WoD.
    Multistrike caps at 200%. With 100% you always have guaranteed MS proc. From that point onwards begin the roll for the 2nd proc. Remember - its 2 rolls each time, not one. I think there was such question in the mage discussion thread before WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    I think there was such question in the mage discussion thread before WoD.
    Multistrike caps at 200%. With 100% you always have guaranteed MS proc. From that point onwards begin the roll for the 2nd proc. Remember - its 2 rolls each time, not one. I think there was such question in the mage discussion thread before WoD.
    That's not how MS works anymore. 100% MS will give you a guaranteed double multistrike on every single cast.

You get TWO X% chances to roll a multistrike, where X is your multistrike, so if you have 10% MS, you have a 10% chance to roll a MS on the first roll, and 10% chance to roll MS on the second roll, meaning your chance to double MS is 1% (rolling two 10%s in a row). Double MS scales exponentially with your MS stat, up to 100% at 100% MS.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    Yes

/10char
    Question: Does it cap or does it go higher?
    Answer: Yes

genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    Question: Does it cap or does it go higher?
    Answer: Yes

genius.
    He could just be answering to topic title. No need to insult for no reason.

Deleted
    us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/14322443/dev-watercooler-stat-updates-for-warlords-of-draenor-6-4-2014

Maybe the link dont work anymore so here is what was writen there

New Stat: Multistrike
    A new stat in Warlords of Draenor, Multistrike grants your spells, abilities, and auto-attacks additional chances to activate. If you’ve been following along since BlizzCon, you may remember that in our early plans, your Multistrike chance would split between two rolls and effectively have a 200% cap. We’ve since changed that to make it more clear and intuitive: the full chance is given to both rolls, with a 100% cap.

So i was wrong

It sound weird and i really think that if u have 20%MS you have effectively 40% chance to get MS proc and 10%(?!?) chance for double proc. Atleast that's how i see it. TBH really confusing stat
    Last edited by mmoc0c907153ea; 2014-12-18 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    That's not how MS works anymore. 100% MS will give you a guaranteed double multistrike on every single cast.

You get TWO X% chances to roll a multistrike, where X is your multistrike, so if you have 10% MS, you have a 10% chance to roll a MS on the first roll, and 10% chance to roll MS on the second roll, meaning your chance to double MS is 1% (rolling two 10%s in a row). Double MS scales exponentially with your MS stat, up to 100% at 100% MS.
    Thanks for clarification.

I believe MS mechanics must be somehow redone in 6.1 or Frost mages will be overcapped with MS using glyphed IV. I already have 37% (if I'm not mistaken) with raid buff, but without any procs, and this is not even Mythic gear.
    On other thought Blizzard can simply reduce the amount of MS gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ssviolett View Post

I believe MS mechanics must be somehow redone in 6.1 or Frost mages will be overcapped with MS using glyphed IV. I already have 37% (if I'm not mistaken) with raid buff, but without any procs, and this is not even Mythic gear.
    Or they'll just increase the amount of rating needed for 1%. Right now it's only at 67ish. They could easily knock it up to 90 if it becomes too inflated.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanariya View Post
    Or they'll just increase the amount of rating needed for 1%. Right now it's only at 67ish. They could easily knock it up to 90 if it becomes too inflated.
    67 gives you a 1% chance for 30% more damage (and other things), and a close-to-0% chance for 60% more damage (and double other things).

It's kinda perfect as is, imo.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Yep, sadly. I'm already hitting the cap (nearly, replaced some MS items now so I don't) with icy veins + weapon enchant (while buffed) and it's only the first half of the first raid tier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ssviolett View Post

Maybe the idea for frost is from one point onward to stop use glyphed IV, because it wount so beneficial anymore than 20% haste. Otherwise it would have been made baseline

I see nothing wrong with MS, the issue is glyphed IV, not MS rating. You will just get to the point where you will no longer have to glyph IV and I see nothing wrong with that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSerialSniper View Post
    I see nothing wrong with MS, the issue is glyphed IV, not MS rating. You will just get to the point where you will no longer have to glyph IV and I see nothing wrong with that.
    Then we will just haste cap instead. We already haste cap during bloodlust + unglyphed icy veins with almost no haste rating at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmagoz View Post
    Then we will just haste cap instead. We already haste cap during bloodlust + unglyphed icy veins with almost no haste rating at all.
    Old frostmage story, after first tier you start capping several secondary stats limiting your growth compared to fire/arcane. With the recent fire buffs and semi-mythic gear, fire is outperforming frost already on some fights in highmaul, at least when fire gets good rng. If they don't nerf fire once the next tier releases, it will destroy frost/arcane.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandacally View Post
    With the recent fire buffs and semi-mythic gear, fire is outperforming frost already on some fights in highmaul, at least when fire gets good rng. If they don't nerf fire once the next tier releases, it will destroy frost/arcane.
    Please tell me on what fights except Tectus is fire outperforming Frost?:P Frost is the go to spec for every encounter imo with it being only slightly behind Arcane on Butcher and depending on procs behind Fire on Tectus.

Quote Originally Posted by Synndra View Post
    Please tell me on what fights except Tectus is fire outperforming Frost?:P Frost is the go to spec for every encounter imo with it being only slightly behind Arcane on Butcher and depending on procs behind Fire on Tectus.
    Tectus and Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    Maybe the idea for frost is from one point onward to stop use glyphed IV, because it wount so beneficial anymore than 20% haste. Otherwise it would have been made baseline
    I hope this will never happen. I'm realy enjoying ~100% MS, I dont want to fight with haste caps again. I already have problems with haste using Shards of Nothing with BL.

The Patient Mountain Called Monkey's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandacally View Post
    Tectus and Imperator
    I'm curious as to why you think Fire is better at Imperator than Frost. From my understanding, Fire's damage is higher with large number of adds that are stacked and must be bursted (reason why Fire can pull ahead on Tectus). While Imperator has adds that are stacked, you will wipe the raid by bursting them down all at once. The only stacked add you burst down is the Arcane Aberrations which is a cleave scenario where Frost beats Fire. This is all in theory/personal experience so if anyone has actual numbers on the two specs for the fight that would be the real proof. But from what I've experienced and seen Frost generally out preforms Fire for this fight.
    There were no screams, there was no time
    The mountain called Monkey had spoken
    It was only fire and then, nothing