Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Billybumbler View Post
    Yuuup I'd have no issue with them making our specs more 'niche' if it wasn't for the garbled weapon restrictions we face.

It's only going to get worse when we move full time onto the big enchants, I mean we could get away with 1x1hander and 1xdagger for both sub and combat (just switch the hands) but they're going to need different enchants depending on spec.

Maybe they could also diversify our sorry looking poison selection (that they also acknowledged on twitter) by putting us on a 'Runeforgesque' style system - utility poisons that apply the haste/multistrike/mastery enchants. Obviously you wouldn't be able to stack them with regular enchants. If they have to have a cost for 'balance' or Celestalons favorite 'flavor' they could have the enchant poisons cost Dingy Coins from Gritah or something.

That would lessen the punishment a little and stop us having to essentially carry around 3 weapon sets :@
    Not to mention one entire gear set for each spec. They really made it a pita to switch specs, the best stat for one spec is by wide margins the worst for the other. :/

Got a 655 from my second Normal Ko'ragh kill and received a 645 from a follower mission the same day.

Two kills and two coin rolls on Heroic Ko'ragh and no daggers there yet.. hoping to see one (or two!) from my guild's Heroic run this weekend.

There's also only 1 str shield, 1 int shield and 1 bow. From a gearing up the raid perspective it would be silly to have weapons all over the place that only one class can use. From a personal experience it sucks ass but rng is rng.

During ToT I got 2 daggers to drop from LFR (rolled and coined) and then the entire time ToT was out til SoO my guild never had a single dagger drop from there.

Similarly with SoO my guilds 2 combat rogues managed to get OS daggers in about 2 raids since we had 3 drop off of Nazgrim in one run yet before/after that we only had 1 other dagger drop as a warforged off of Norushen but never any other daggers ever. Other than that we had pleanty of warforged 2.6 speed weapons dropping and all our rogues and enhance shaman and monks were able to pick up 2 warforged each and had them going OS.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've had not a single raid drop at all and i've been raiding every week.

yay. (y)

Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    Not to mention one entire gear set for each spec. They really made it a pita to switch specs, the best stat for one spec is by wide margins the worst for the other. :/
    This is one of my biggest issues with rogue right. The specs don't need to all depend on the same stat, but making haste the best for combat and the worst for the other specs makes no sense. Also combat feels really slow when you are lacking that haste gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    Tbh you don't need an entire gear set for each spec because there's not enough drops in each slot to do that in highmaul anyway. The problem is enchants are expensive so it's not smart to switch them with spec.

RNG sucks though. My guild got lucky and both me and the other rogue have 4 heroic daggers now.

rng'd into 2 heroic koragh daggers and a heroic bladefist. sry bout your luck

Deleted
    Currently running with two combat rogues, cuz not able to get daggers too...

I've always thought Assassination/Mutilate should include fist weapons. They fit the theme just as well.
    "no beards on female dwarves = ruined roleplay experience"

I'm always willing to gripe since this was the first of the two great rogue comments for WoD, the other being the recent "once you learn how combo points on the rogue stack" bit of brilliance. I think mages still grumble about their jaw-dropping damage... The devs are really good at putting both feet in their mouths (or is that all their feet in all their mouths?).

Personally, I think they were planning on tacking daggers onto another weapon (like hunters bows) so that they would be bows for hunters and daggers for us...and then maybe decided that was too hard. Because they have bigger fish to fry, you know? :P