Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I was thinking this exact thing the other day when thinking of Rexxar. Lose the ability to use ranged weapons, only use melee and make it a BM talent. They use the same gear as Enhance Shaman. I don't think it would be that hard to implement and would provide a lot of interesting choices for game play and role play. Lets make this happen and fuck all the naysayers. They just like to show their ass towards anything new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velikanthehunter View Post
    If I wanted to carry around melee weapons i'd play a f***ing rogue.
    Yeah! Screw those Arms warriors
    Fury warriors
    Prot warriors
    Frost Death knights
    Unholy Death knights
    Blood Death knights
    Enhancement Shaman
    Feral Druids
    Guardian Druids
    Windwalker Monks
    Brewmaster Monks
    Ret Paladins
    and Prot Paladins.

If I wanted to carry around melee weapons I'd play a fucking rogue. Am I right?
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Beast Mastery
    Make it a melee class with ability to tank with a proper talent employing new, original mechanics.

-Disengage becomes Lynx Rush. You and your pet jump to the target slowing it down and applying a long duration bleed. This has minimum range.
    -Arcane Shot becomes Raptor Strike. A melee attack dealing increased weapon damage. Crits refresh Lynx Rush bleed effect.
    -Multi-shot becomes Tail Swipe. You swipe your weapon around you damaging nearby enemies. Employs Beast Cleave mechanic.
    -Kill Command now also generates one charge of Thirst Blood.
    -Cobra Shot becomes Tiger Claws. A melee attack dealing small damage and applying a stacking bleed. Each time bleed deals damage you gain some focus. Crits decrease Kill Command's remaining cooldown by x sec.
    -Go for the Throat, a new ability which employs Thirst for Blood mechanic. Consumes all stacks of Tiger Claws dealing moderate amount of damage and applying a stack of powerful bleeding effect for each Thirst for Blood used. An old passive renamed to: Wild Unity.
    -Counter-shot becomes Deafening Roar interrupting spellcasting of up to 3 enemies around you. Cooldown increased do 40sec.
    -Traps now become Bolas retaining their former effects and becoming targeted spells with miss chance increased proportionally to angle at which target is moving. [If somebody runs at/away from you it's 100%, if they zig-zag it's decreased and if they run to the side it's decreased further]
    -Mastery is being changed. Your pet attacks have a chance to increase your crit rating by X. This effect stacks, your crits consume it.
    -Concussive Shot becomes Wing Clip, a melee slow.

Talents:
    -Narrow Escape becomes No Escape adding immobilize effect to your Lynx Rush.
    -Binding Shot becomes Scent Mark. You mark the ground with your scent (yeah, you take a piss!), when enemy enters the 5 yards area your pet charges at it stunning every enemy within 5 yards.
    -Thrill of the Hunt now applies to Raptor Strike and Tail Swipe in addition increases focus generated by next X ticks of Tiger Claw by 1 each.
    -Steady Focus now causes your Tiger Claw crits to restore more focus. Can't come up with a good name so let's name it: Twilight Sparkle.
    -Barrage changed to Wasp Swarm. Applies a DoT to the target ticking very fast, each tick applies the DoT to nearby unaffected enemy.
    -Power Shot becomes Rampage. Your pet charges at target knocking it back, then follows through with closest enemy within x yards. One enemy cannot be hit more than once.
    -Exotic Munitions become Beastial Connection, depending on the specialization of pet you have active your critical strikes apply different effects.
    -Focusing Shot becomes Rabid, replaces Tiger Claws causing same effects except for focus regen which is now instant and decreased by x%.
    -Adaptation becomes Aspect of Ox, increases threat generated, causes you to share threat pool with your pet, all healing taken is split between you and your pet, decreasing damage dealt and introducing all tanking mechanics. Castable out of combat only. Further info below.

-Beastial Connection example effects:
    Tenacity - heal you for X,
    Ferocity - increased damage by X%,
    Cunning - mini-stun, like 0.25sec.

-Aspect of Ox, explanation:
    -Your pet's Growl takes aggro off of you, boss starts attacking you again after dealing certain amount of damage to your pet, effectively giving you a damage shield.
    -All cooldowns, both defensive and offensive are now shared between you and your pet (like pet's Last Stand or Deterrance for example).
    -Your pet has a chance, based on your mastery rating, to deflect an attack against you, this is subject to diminishing returns of parrying.

Marksman
    Marksmanship is in good place when it comes to archetype, but some of mechanics are too shallow or boring.

-Chimaera Shot doesn't really fit the sniper theme so it's being removed.
    -Quick Draw, a quick warming up shot dealing moderate amount of damage. Has a chance based on attack power to reduce cast time of your next Aimed Shot by 33%, stacking up to 3 times.
    -Penetrating Shot, introduced in place of Chimaera Shot, a powerful shot aimed at enemy's weakest spot applying -Hunter's Mark causing attacks against it to deal additional damage based on Hunter's AP.
    -Sniper Training, fits the archetype well but is too unforgiving, so both the buff duration and the time needed for buff to activate will now be affected by Mastery.

Talents:
    -Wyvern Sting, renamed to Sleeping Shot.
    -Intimidation is being replaced by Scatter Shot (crowd cheers).
    -Thrill of the Hunt now affects Quick Shot. In addition your instant Aimed Shots are free for the duration of TotH.
    -A Murder of Crows is being replaced by Explosive Charge, sticks an explosive to the target causing your next special attack to trigger it dealing additional fire damage over time.
    -Blink Strikes are being replaced by Wild Quiver a passive which gives your Auto Shots increased multi strike chance.
    -Focusing Shot now can be cast while moving, but will then generate only 30 focus. Cast time has been reduced to 2 sec while standing and 2.5 while moving.

Survival
    While befitting the Hunter class this specialization is very hard to be both enjoyable and at good terms with archetype and so it is being renamed to Dark Ranger and completely overhauled.

Yes, this is kinda rip off of D3 Demon Hunter, but I loved the class.

-Burning Vengeance, each time your Quick Shot, Hungering Shot and Grenade Toss deal damage or your -Auto Shots multistrikes you gain a stack of Burning Vengeance up to 50 stacks. Reaching 50 stacks will grant you Avatar of Vengeance buff which increases all damage done by x% and empowers some of your abilities. Stacks will start falling down at the rate of X per second, but you will still be able to generate them in forementioned ways. Buff ends when Burning Vengeance stacks are all gone.

-Arcane Shot becomes Poisonous Shot, instant shot dealing moderate damage and applying a nature DoT.
    -Multishot becomes Grenade Toss, tosses a grenade at the enemy, you can choose from 3 kinds of grenades:
    HE Grenade, deals high amount of fire damage in the area around the target,
    Poisonous Gas Grenade, throw grenade filled with poisonous gas around the target which slowly spreads around. Every enemy that comes in contact with the gas will be affected by shadow DoT which stacks up to 3 times, the further the gas travels the less damage the DoT deals,
    Promixty Grenade, tosses a grenade at the area which will explode dealing low amount of damage and knocking affected targets back.
    -Cobra Shot becomes Hungering Shot, a furious shot which generates 14 focus and has a chance to increase your haste. Does increased damage to targets below certain % of health.
    -Peace of Mind, decreases your Burning Vengeance counter by 10 so you can trigger it at increased damage/nuke phase.

-Burning Vengeance bonus effects:
    -Poisonous Shot will spread the damage over time effect to enemies around the target.
    -Black Arrow further increases the chance to proc Lock and Load and has no cooldown.
    -Explosive Shot, consumes existing damage over time effects and triggers their full damage.

-Dark Thoughts is the new Mastery of the spec which makes all your attacks apply a debuff dealing shadow damage over time. Damage is further increased with Mastery.

THIS SPEC HAS NO ABILITY TO TAME OR OWN PETS!

-Determination takes place of Master's Call. Same effect, no pet needed

Talents:
    -Intimidation has been replaced by Entangling Shot which knocks the enemy down.
    -Spirit Bond has been replaced by Dark Embrace, effect remains the same with exception of pet requirement.
    -Thrill of the Hunt, affects Explosive Shot and Poisonous Shot, also increases focus generated by Hungering Shot.
    -Blink Strikes have been replaced by Cold Revenge which increases damage of your multistrikes.
    -Stampede has been replaced by Turret, which summons a turret dealing fire damage to your target. [Diablo 3 much]
    -Exotic Munitions have been replaced by Vengeance Incarnate a passive ability which decreases the speed at which -Burning Vengeance stacks drop down after reaching Avatar of Vengeance .
    -Focusing Shot has been replaced by Avenging Shot which replaces Hungering Shot - generates 10 focus and 2 Burning Vengeance stacks.
    -Lone Wolf has been replaced by One with the Shadows, which increases your multistrike chance for 10 seconds after breaking Camouflage.
    Something I came up with long time ago during discussion of more differentiation between hunter specs

Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    Yeah! Screw those Arms warriors
    Fury warriors
    Prot warriors
    Frost Death knights
    Unholy Death knights
    Blood Death knights
    Enhancement Shaman
    Feral Druids
    Guardian Druids
    Windwalker Monks
    Brewmaster Monks
    Ret Paladins
    and Prot Paladins.

If I wanted to carry around melee weapons I'd play a fucking rogue. Am I right?
    If this were Reddit you'd have all my upvotes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    This is good, be a man about it.
    Have a cigar in your mouth and a shot of brandy in your hand and tell her to get out of the guild and get into a kitchen.
    Mists of Pandaria Beta Club ~World of Warcraft Annual Pass.

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing that kind of sucks about hunter is last night I changed from Marksman to Survival hunter and I literally had to replace TWO spells on my bar. Chim shot with explosive shot and kill shot with black arrow. Aimed shot changed to Arcane shot, but other than that everything is the same. (yeah I lost Rapid Fire too)

But I think hunter does need some spec identity. A melee hunter would be awesome. Fighting side by side with your pet while you are raptor striking.