is SMF a thing anymore

I've been glad this whole xpac so far and I was curious is single minded fury or 1hander fury still a viable dps spec?

It sims the highest starting at 670+ ilevels and eventually TG comes back to the front past that.

Is this for PvP or PvE?

Quote Originally Posted by Krusified View Post
    Is this for PvP or PvE?
    pve raiding

just gonna say it, Fury can be a heap of fun, plays a little slower than unyielding strikes glad BUT on the flip side if you lack crit it can be infuriating, not only do you not get a raging blow stack you also miss out on bonus rage from critting and you do not gain enrage. To combat this for now I am using Furious strikes instead of the recommended sudden death to help me deal consistent damage. This is just what I feel plays better for me at my current crit level of 18% so don't take it as gospel or anything.

As people above have said the better gear you have the higher Fury climbs ahead of Gladiator on single target sims so eventually most people will be either fury for single target or arms for cleave fights. SMF is simming higher on single target than TG, TG has better AoE/cleave and once we go into blackrock foundry TG will take over assuming no future nerfs.

I am single minded fury purely because the 1hd weapons from butcher are easy for me to access on heroic difficulty and the 2hders are needed by the ret and dk in my groups.

Deleted
    the only reason i'm SMF is because of the poor itemisation of high maul for TG.

Seems to be, because ever fury warrior I know is chasing onehanded weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Seems to be, because ever fury warrior I know is chasing onehanded weapons.
    I'm going after 2h, at least for now. Both tanks still need the 670 1hs, and I have 2x 670 2hs. As well, the ability to use that weapon for Arms on Twins/Bracken/Tectus is great.

Plus I don't like glad really.

I just switched from glad to SMF after I got my first butcher weapon. I love it, and it seems to be a pretty big dps increase. It certainly felt much better than TG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintr View Post
    I just switched from glad to SMF after I got my first butcher weapon. I love it, and it seems to be a pretty big dps increase. It certainly felt much better than TG.
    It honestly shouldn't "feel" different at all, since rage gains are normalized for weapon speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    It honestly shouldn't "feel" different at all, since rage gains are normalized for weapon speed.
    I'd imagine the white damage rate would be the "feel" in that statement. Mathematically, they might be fairly equal, but the faster speed can feel different, even if it's really not, just because of character animations and seeing numbers go off.

Actually, if you have to move a lot, using SFM makes your dps more constant, which could feel "more right".
    E.G. you need to move away from your target Every 3 Seconds (e.g. Twin-Fight while Fire-Phase is active).
    (Numbers are just examples)
    SMF hits for 1000 every 1 second.
    TG hits for 2000 every 2 seconds
    In 3 seconds you do 3000 damage with SMF.
    In 3 seconds you do 2000 damage with TG.
    In 4 seconds you do 4000 damage with SMF AND TG.
    When you attack the boss again, your auto attack timer has resettet and you start fresh. Most of the time this does not matter, however, there are other situations where you feel, that things are gooing more smoothly (another examle is the interrupting @brackenspore, where we usually let the last two big adds alive and just interrupt the decay if we must, which includes switching targets),

How is fury playing in 630'ish gear??

Tried fury in 600'ish gear but benched it due to the lack of enrage uptime.

Enrage uptime isn't really a problem, the short cool down of Berserker Rage which enrages us automatically ensures this. I am only 644 atm and using smf, I am virtually always enraged. The biggest things to pay attention to for fury dps boosts are the few seconds you aren't enraged, try not to waste executes or wild strikes during the downtime and just pool rage. Also pool before you cast Bloodbath, preferably with all your procs up. And in regards to Sudden Death vs. Furious Strikes, if you aren't wanting to hit the spreadsheets an easy guideline that is usually true is if your weapons are equal item level go Sudden Death, with the highest dmg dealing weapon in your main hand(for Execute dmg) and if you have one weapon better than the other, slap that bad boy in your offhand and go Furious Strikes.

EDIT: In terms of dps, I was doing 19k on heroic butcher before the execute phase(and Bloodlust with it). It is not inconceivable that I would have hit 22 or 23k by the end. And at 644 that is plenty to compete with other classes IMO.
    Last edited by Tkasinger; 2014-12-19 at 11:45 AM.

err how are you "virtually always enraged" even with 18%, 22% with raid buffs I can still go 3-4 bloodthirst in a row without critting, hell I can even charge into the boss for my first bloodthirst and have it not crit. I have even used berserker rage to enrage only to not have another bloodthirst crit until berserker rage is up again. I'm 655 ilvl. In the end crit is still rng no matter how well I manage my uptime on enrage. It seems as I get more 670 gear I'm losing crit either because there is not crit item for that slot or because the item I previously had included a gem slot. I noticed all the mythic warriors running 665 3 piece BS savage gear, crit/multi in the helm, legs and chest slot, too bad I can't afford that lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanite View Post
    err how are you "virtually always enraged" even with 18%, 22% with raid buffs I can still go 3-4 bloodthirst in a row without critting, hell I can even charge into the boss for my first bloodthirst and have it not crit. I have even used berserker rage to enrage only to not have another bloodthirst crit until berserker rage is up again. I'm 655 ilvl. In the end crit is still rng no matter how well I manage my uptime on enrage. It seems as I get more 670 gear I'm losing crit either because there is not crit item for that slot or because the item I previously had included a gem slot. I noticed all the mythic warriors running 665 3 piece BS savage gear, crit/multi in the helm, legs and chest slot, too bad I can't afford that lol.
    88% uptime

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...F9K1ka#fight=5

98% uptime

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...3&type=summary
    Last edited by tenaciouzd; 2014-12-19 at 04:08 PM.

second one is 89% ? it's those gaps that kill me lol, i guess over all it's not too much of a loss. Man scabbard of kyanos is such a good trinket lol

one is 3 mins one is 5 mins, yea 89% typo my bad

I notice i am enraged most of the time, but yeah its frustrating when you dont get a crit at a perfect moment or a string of them when you need to do WW meatclever and get enraging blow off. I purposely have kept my BS 640 gear to upgrade it and that way I can move stuff around and optimize gear because of the shitty itemization.