[WW] How to Use ChiEx

Hey all,

First post here and happy to find an active forum. I'm embarrassed to say on cleave fights I've not been using ChiEx/Ascension on 2+ target fights (which it seems is rather commonplace for WW). As someone who is new to the use of ChiEx, and on how many stacks to use it and how many adds required to use it at how many stacks, can someone provide an outline of usage?

Thanks!

Deleted
    might be off topic but have any one found a good way to use HS in any fight?

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onlymonk View Post
    Hey all,

First post here and happy to find an active forum. I'm embarrassed to say on cleave fights I've not been using ChiEx/Ascension on 2+ target fights (which it seems is rather commonplace for WW). As someone who is new to the use of ChiEx, and on how many stacks to use it and how many adds required to use it at how many stacks, can someone provide an outline of usage?

Thanks!
    On one target use it at 3 stacks, at two or more use it at 4 stacks, always use it when you get combo breaker procs

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aqira91 View Post
    might be off topic but have any one found a good way to use HS in any fight?
    No, it's drastically worse in all scenarios than the other talents, don't use it.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Is there any rotation we have to use with the chiex build. I mean is it necesary to keep up tiger palm, because it deals nature damage, or do we just us it when it procs? For rsk its self explaining to use for the damage buff. Would be nice if a experienced chiex player could answer me this question.

Quote Originally Posted by broknx View Post
    Is there any rotation we have to use with the chiex build. I mean is it necesary to keep up tiger palm, because it deals nature damage, or do we just us it when it procs? For rsk its self explaining to use for the damage buff. Would be nice if a experienced chiex player could answer me this question.
    Keep TP up for increased damage from RSK / white damage. Keep RSK debuff up for increased damage (until they nerf it again :P).

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evansenter View Post
    Keep TP up for increased damage from RSK / white damage.
    I've seen other sources saying to ignore TP (except when it's a free proc) during cleave/aoe scenarios with a ChiEx build. Including the WW guide on this forum (unless it's been changed recently).

7+ Year Old Account
    Beace is right, the Chiex section of the WW guide says to only use TP with CB procs. I guess that would be the case for big group cleave because Chiex is the vast majority of your damage, but for 2-3 I can imagine keeping the buff up would be more important.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

Deleted
    I actually was just coming into the forums to write about this, but there seems to be difference between theorycrafting results and results from the field regarding Chi Ex usage.

What I mean is the fact that almost everyone is exclusively telling us to run Ascension, however when you skim through top parses for fights like Twins, you find the WW's actually using Chi Brew.

Combine with this the fact that based on my own personal testing during Brackenspore progression ("lucky" enough to run with a second windwalker) Chi Brew actually pulls more DPS.

Not sure if this is purely caused by the fact that the burst you get with CB vastly outperforms anything you can come up with ascension based build or what.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    On one target use it at 3 stacks, at two or more use it at 4 stacks, always use it when you get combo breaker procs

- - - Updated - - -
    When your CB procs for ChiEx, does it automatically hit like it would with max Chi (4) to apply the additional dmg to anything within 8 yards, or does CB proc use whatever current Chi count you have?

Ex: Say I get a CB ChiEx proc with only 2 Chi currently, does it just apply the two chi (Deals an additional 50% damage over 6 sec) buff, or does it act like its at 4 chi (The damage also hits all enemies within 8 yards of the target)?

Deleted
    When your CB procs for ChiEx, does it automatically hit like it would with max Chi (4) to apply the additional dmg to anything within 8 yards, or does CB proc use whatever current Chi count you have?

Ex: Say I get a CB ChiEx proc with only 2 Chi currently, does it just apply the two chi (Deals an additional 50% damage over 6 sec) buff, or does it act like its at 4 chi (The damage also hits all enemies within 8 yards of the target)?

It hits with whatever Chi you have available, then gives you 2 Chi.

So if you have 1 Chi, it hits like 1 Chi version of the ability and you end with 2 Chi.

With 2 Chi it hits like the 2 Chi version and you end with 2 Chi and so on so forth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey! Got another question regarding Chi-Ex. How do we prioritize it?

1. On Twin Ogrons? Is it still FoF > RSK Debuff > Chiex? Of course with 100% uptime on TP, CHi wave, run TEB at 16+ or 10+ with trinket/tigerstrikes etc.

2. On Tectus? The last phase where you have 4+1 adds (maybe even 8 on LFR/Normal/HC) do you spam spinning crane kick / RJW for 4x combopoints and dump Chi-Ex? Is it the same priority or does CHiex have a higher priority then FOF / RSK etc at some points?

Thanks in advance!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dysnomio View Post

1. On Twin Ogrons? Is it still FoF > RSK Debuff > Chiex? Of course with 100% uptime on TP, CHi wave, run TEB at 16+ or 10+ with trinket/tigerstrikes etc.

2. On Tectus? The last phase where you have 4+1 adds (maybe even 8 on LFR/Normal/HC) do you spam spinning crane kick / RJW for 4x combopoints and dump Chi-Ex? Is it the same priority or does CHiex have a higher priority then FOF / RSK etc at some points?

Thanks in advance!
    The Twins one is easier to answer. Yes the priority stays the same. Granted that there are two schools for Tiger Power debuff, some people use it only when they get Combo Breaker procs, resulting in 40-60% uptime on the buff.

Tectus is much trickier and I feel like it partially depends from what your group needs. If you have issues with getting first set of motes down fast enough, going RJW + ChiEx might be the way to go. However Xuen would also help with that together with doing pushes, but it depends much more from the timings you have with your group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah okay. Guess the optimized way to go on Twin Ogrons is 4 chi Chi-Ex when they are clumped together, and 3 chi chi-Ex when they are separated (on whirlwind for example)? Hard to always get the right amount of chi I feel sometimes but meh, guess it's learning by doing.

Yeah I've seen some logs from Tectus mythic, most run Xuen + ChiEx, but some go RJW + ChiEx.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah okay. Guess the optimized way to go on Twin Ogrons is 4 chi Chi-Ex when they are clumped together, and 3 chi chi-Ex when they are separated (on whirlwind for example)? Hard to always get the right amount of chi I feel sometimes but meh, guess it's learning by doing.

Yeah I've seen some logs from Tectus mythic, most run Xuen + ChiEx, but some go RJW + ChiEx.
    Its ok to be over the desired number of Chi for CX, thats just the minimum

Its ok to be over the desired number of Chi for CX, thats just the minimum
    On a fight like Twins, if you're running SEF with ChiEx, using it at 4 stacks, does that provide all ChiEx benefits 2x?

Aka: 2x 50% DOT, 2 Tigerseye brew, 2x 8 yard range hit?

10+ Year Old Account
    On a fight like Twins, if you're running SEF with ChiEx, using it at 4 stacks, does that provide all ChiEx benefits 2x?

Aka: 2x 50% DOT, 2 Tigerseye brew, 2x 8 yard range hit?
    It provides 2x the dot and 2x the aoe hits, but not 2x the TEB

On Brackenspore what do you think the priority should look like with ChiEx and do you think its ever worth using Earth, Wind, Fire?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notah View Post
    On Brackenspore what do you think the priority should look like with ChiEx and do you think its ever worth using Earth, Wind, Fire?
    Use SEF on brackenspore and tunnel Fungal Flesh Eater, using ToD when he dies. Other than that I use it any time a mushroom or spore shooter is close to the boss/big guy for maximum cleave and 3 dots.

Ok awesome and when your cleaving with just brackenspore and the Fungal Flesh Eater would you say RSK off cd or just for the debuff?

Thanks in advance!
    Definitely use that prio for twins. For tectus I use FoF as prio in first and second phase, didn't use RJW until last phase, and in the last phase we do the yolo 8 motes tactic so I go with rjw+chi ex and only use those two abilities whilst keeping the RSK debuff up. I did 52k like that today on Mythic as opposed to about 42k on the first kill where I went with Xuen. So I think RJW is super good for that short phase where you need burst aoe and you have Lust+Energizing Brew+Troll Racial for insane energy regen.

- - - Updated - - -

Use SEF on brackenspore and tunnel Fungal Flesh Eater, using ToD when he dies. Other than that I use it any time a mushroom or spore shooter is close to the boss/big guy for maximum cleave and 3 dots.
    IMO, unless assigned to interrupt, I think it's better to do it the other way around i.e. tunnel boss all fight and mouseover SEF/ToD adds. I've found I can hit the boss 100% of the time whereas on the add it's sometimes slower moving out from a wave so I would lose uptime. Ultimately though it doesn't really matter, just felt easier that way in my raid group though.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.